Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. *#..

*#.. Senior member

Is it weird to wear Clark DB's during the summer?

Not at all, I personally just don't like DB's.

I'm looking for a pair of saddle shoes.
    I really like these trickers:
    [​IMG]

They just aren't in my size. Anyone have any recommendations?

You can always get a custom-made pair at the Shoehealer website: https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/

It's gonna be pretty expensive, though.

2. *#..

*#.. Senior member

I'll look but the H&Ms in Pittsburgh aren't the best. Thanks for the suggestion though.
    No prob, hope you find it. Can't really think of another place close to you. Uniqlo in New York may have one, but that's like 6-7 hours away. Thick as Thieves offers a quick service for extra cost, but you should email Jason about your deadline. The MTM charcoal sharkskin suit I have is excellent by the way, and well-worth the $500 he was asking.

3. flyguy7

flyguy7 Senior member

Anyone know how to change the name of a thread, specifically in the B & S forum? I'm adding some new items to my sale and want to change the heading so it reflects that, but it seems like I can only edit the post

4. Ermac

Ermac Senior member

Anyone know how to change the name of a thread, specifically in the B & S forum? I'm adding some new items to my sale and want to change the heading so it reflects that, but it seems like I can only edit the post
    Click on the "Advanced" option near the bottom of the post when you are editing it.

5. Reynard369

Reynard369 Senior member

A couple years ago I bought a polo at H&M that was 95% cotton and 5% elastane. Does anyone know if they still carry these and if not where I could find something similar?

6. babump

babump Senior member

I'm looking for a pair of saddle shoes.
    I really like these trickers:
    [​IMG]

They just aren't in my size. Anyone have any recommendations?

The Mcnairy saddles on Epaulet look similar. I do prefer the Tricker's though. http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...-Nubuck/Detail

7. theyperch

theyperch Member

I know this has probably been asked a million times, so I apologize in advance. I'm looking for an ultra-cheap blank hoodie just to throw around whenever, so I obviously have found American Apparel as a possibility, but everyone and their grandmother owns an American Apparel hoodie as well as the suspect quality of AAs clothing, which makes it a little less appealing. How do Alternative Apparel's hoodies stack up in comparison to American Apparel's hoodies in terms of fit and quality? Are there other brands that offer something similar that are better to buy from (I like W+H, but it is a bit more than I'm willing to spend on a beater hoodie...)? Thanks.

8. stormin10

stormin10 Senior member

Quick question, is a shawl collar an appropriate choice for a tall well built guy for a formal dance?

9. drum

drum Senior member

^ Try Uniqlo if you need cheap basics, best fit for the price range. Don't expect quality if you're looking for a hoodie on the cheap though. You get what you pay for.

10. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

I know this has probably been asked a million times, so I apologize in advance. I'm looking for an ultra-cheap blank hoodie just to throw around whenever, so I obviously have found American Apparel as a possibility, but everyone and their grandmother owns an American Apparel hoodie as well as the suspect quality of AAs clothing, which makes it a little less appealing. How do Alternative Apparel's hoodies stack up in comparison to American Apparel's hoodies in terms of fit and quality? Are there other brands that offer something similar that are better to buy from (I like W+H, but it is a bit more than I'm willing to spend on a beater hoodie...)? Thanks.

a cheap blank hoodie is a cheap blank hoodie, just get the american apparel, if you are worried about people having the same hoodie as you then cut the tag off and say its vintage

11. Thomasnast

Thomasnast Member

I am just not having any luck in finding an inexpensive navy cotton blazer. I live out in Idaho, where my only real options are Express and Banana. I haven't turned up anything on ebay or anywhere else online.

Any tips on where to look or good brands? (I'm a size 38)

Thanks

12. SLeiber32

SLeiber32 Senior member

I am just not having any luck in finding an inexpensive navy cotton blazer. I live out in Idaho, where my only real options are Express and Banana. I haven't turned up anything on ebay or anywhere else online.

Thanks

Honestly man, check thrift and vintage stores. I needed a navy blazer last week for a meeting and was able to grab one at Goodwill for $5. As long as it fits well in the shoulders other little things can be tailored as well. Good luck

13. rs5088

rs5088 Well-Known Member

Thanks

Not sure how cheap/casual you're looking for, but I was thinking about trying one of these for summer

http://needsupply.com/mens/brands/ge...ll-blazer.html

14. CooLy_oNE

CooLy_oNE Senior member

15. anteater

anteater Member

Does anyone know where I can find these henleys? Note the one large button at top, the tattered edges, and sewing on the outside of the seams so it looks like it's inside out. These are short sleeved but he wears a sweater with the same kind of sewing so I'm guessing a company makes a bunch of stuff like this. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]