Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. j1000

j1000 Well-Known Member

can i do better at the same price point for either

Loake Kemptons or Tyrwhitt Chelseas?

2. mottykytu

mottykytu Well-Known Member

can i do better at the same price point for either

Loake Kemptons or Tyrwhitt Chelseas?

What color of pants or jeans go well with taupe color shoes ?

3. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

like the shirt in this photo, could anyone id it / point me to similar styles?
    thanks!
    [​IMG]

4. Lane

Lane Senior member

is there any special way you need to wash garments with rayon in them? I usually handwash all my clothes in cold water and then hang them to dry or get lazy and put em in the dryer, but I've bought some shirts recently that have rayon in them; and would like to make sure they don't shrink or anything from this.

5. riraito

riraito Senior member

hi all,

i haven't posted in over a year i think but i was wondering if anyone knows a good japanese brand for coats. i bought an inapt peacoat awhile ago and this time i'm looking for a spring or summer coat. maybe something like a trench.

thanks in advance

6. Clynt

Clynt Member

How's the quality of Uniqlo button-downs? Much like H&M? How's the sizing of an XS Uniqlo vs XS H&M button-down?

7. West24

West24 Senior member

went vintage shopping yesterday and bought some amazing pieces. one of them being a vintage 3 piece levis suit with all tags still in place. i know they were made in the early 80's but does anyone know if its worth much?

8. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

9. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

So I got a pair of the N&F 21 oz in the Slim Guy fit (which I find IDENTICAL to the APC NS btw) but in a 31. They are just a bit big...a few questions:

1- I'm worried that the weight will be difficult to work with to take the waist in by my tailor, and even if it can be done, I don't want to mess with the pattern that much (am I crazy thinking this?) so:

2- If I wash and/or dry these bad boys will they shrink overall at all so that they would fit better? Will that totally fuck any chance I have at fading these well?

When worn at their natural rise/waist theyy're a good 1-2 inches big (I can fit both arms in). If I wear them lower its not as bad, but I can get them off without unbuttoning pretty easily.

10. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

So I got a pair of the N&F 21 oz in the Slim Guy fit (which I find IDENTICAL to the APC NS btw) but in a 31. They are just a bit big...a few questions:

1- I'm worried that the weight will be difficult to work with to take the waist in by my tailor, and even if it can be done, I don't want to mess with the pattern that much (am I crazy thinking this?) so:

2- If I wash and/or dry these bad boys will they shrink overall at all so that they would fit better? Will that totally fuck any chance I have at fading these well?

When worn at their natural rise/waist theyy're a good 1-2 inches big (I can fit both arms in). If I wear them lower its not as bad, but I can get them off without unbuttoning pretty easily.

It'll hamper fading a bit, but it's difficult enough to get fading on the 21oz's anyway. Maybe just soak and see if it helps. Doubt it'll shrink much though.

And yeah, tailors have trouble with heavy denim, at least the ones in Edmonton do.

11. *#..

*#.. Senior member

How's the quality of Uniqlo button-downs? Much like H&M? How's the sizing of an XS Uniqlo vs XS H&M button-down?
    I don't have experience with h&m button-downs, I'm assuming the quality is pretty sub-par though. I bought a +J/Uniqlo white dress shirt a couple years ago that is still going strong. Uniqlo>>>>H&M as far as quality and the overall design of their clothes. I'm a small in pretty much every brand, barring Band of Outsiders, but the +J/Uniqlo shirt fit me in a large. The shoulders were too tight for me in small and medium. They run pretty small/slim, hopefully someone else can offer their sizing in uniqlo shirts.

12. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Maybe just soak and see if it helps.

Hot soak would optimize shrinking or doesnt matter?

13. sdx

sdx Well-Known Member

Hot soak would optimize shrinking or doesnt matter?

Hot soak/hot drier would "maximize shrink", but I don't think that with that sanforized denim its going to drop more than .5"-1" off the waist.

I'd say you're probably better sizing down one before soaking if you're not satisfied with the fit, NYR, they will stretch afterward too.

14. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

If they are sized that wrong just flip them on B&S.

15. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

Is it bad to add darts to a shirt that has a box pleat?