• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

karmaguy

Reaction score
Anyone wanna share the difference between Barbour's Beaufort and Bedale Jackets?

thanks in advance

Filipe

Reaction score
Most of the menswear blogosphere endorses the Florsheim Veblen as a good entry-level shoe. Do you know of any similar entry-level shoes but from english brands?

asr10 user

Reaction score
Very noob question, but can anyone give me tips on how to mix and match my current wardrobe? I have a nice amount of variety and some quality stuff I have bought individually over the last year or so, but im having trouble putting a nice fit together.

I have shirts, pants, and shoes of most varieties. But when it comes to making a nice fit for the day, I just stare at what I have, and end up wearing something im comfortable in.

I have pretty much taken my style for granted in the last 10 years, but I think it was due to always having a GF and not caring. But now that im single, 27, and probably in the best shape of my life, I feel like I need to upgrade my look to 2011.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In terms of mixing and matching, it's important to pay attention to patterns. Your looks will be a lot more cohesive if you stick to just one (maybe two) items with patterns and the rest plain solids. For example, if you have striped shorts, don't wear them with a striped shirt. Two items with similar, but different patterns are bound to clash with each other.

sofaking9000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 1up
Well it sucks to know that I'm not that overweight but my physique (particularly in my hips), looks like I am. I'd rather LOOK good in clothes. How often am I even shirtless? Unless I'm banging bitches, pretty much never.

Good god man!
IDK bout you but maybe you should BULK up with a clean diet? Maybe it you could put on some muscle on your legs and that would hide the fat, I mean girls love a man with legs better than them, shows them you care!

Bishes love a man with dat ass
bigstar[1].gif
teacha.gif

Now if only I could do legs again, damn planet fitness getting rid of all the squat racks, barbells, benches, collars, dumbbells over 65 and adding 3 smith machines over night
facepalm.gif

Dagobert Duck

Reaction score
Anyone knows where I can find a similar vest? I am searching everywhere but not much luck so any help would be greatly appreciated
smile.gif

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Recommend me some good, thick ankle socks

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sofaking9000
Good god man!
IDK bout you but maybe you should BULK up with a clean diet? Maybe it you could put on some muscle on your legs and that would hide the fat, I mean girls love a man with legs better than them, shows them you care!

Bishes love a man with dat ass
bigstar[1].gif
teacha.gif

Now if only I could do legs again, damn planet fitness getting rid of all the squat racks, barbells, benches, collars, dumbbells over 65 and adding 3 smith machines over night
facepalm.gif

Heh, I don't think that's it man. My legs are big and pretty ripped, there's not that much fat on them, I squat 225 a2g for 5, can DL 315 for 3. My wheels are much more impressive than my upper body, sadly that - coupled with proportionally big hips and a smaller upper body makes me look awkward; hence my frustration.

Bobby-s

Reaction score
I have a pair of Louis Vuitton sunglasses (evidence) but the case got stolen. Is it weird if i go to Louis Vuitton and ask for a new case?

And is there a chance they would give it to me or give me the option to buy a new one?

I have tried several other cases of sunglasses but none fit.

Thanks in advance,

Bobby

DOTM

Reaction score
I just bought some white suede bucks and want to take care of them. My concern is that if I use suede protector they will get darker. Is this true? Also any suggestions of good suede protector?

CEE88

Reaction score
Originally Posted by karmaguy
Anyone wanna share the difference between Barbour's Beaufort and Bedale Jackets? thanks in advance
The Beaufort is longer than the Bedale. It also has the game pocket across the back. Personally, I have & prefer the Beaufort. But both are classic jackets & very popular.

Here's a discussion on the two jackets:
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=145821

squelchy451

Reaction score
I like wearing high tops but i need shoes for the summer. Can anybody recommend me something besides the likes of Vans and Converse? I'm looking something that looks like Mexico 66 by Asics. A retro and sporty kind of look. Thanks. I wear size 11 btw.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bobby-s
I have a pair of Louis Vuitton sunglasses (evidence) but the case got stolen. Is it weird if i go to Louis Vuitton and ask for a new case?

And is there a chance they would give it to me or give me the option to buy a new one?

I have tried several other cases of sunglasses but none fit.

Thanks in advance,

Bobby

Not weird. Ask.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ive asked LV for another dust bag and they gave me one no prob. obv, this is a bit diff, but still worth a shot

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads