1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. eternaldrake

eternaldrake Senior member

2. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

I'm looking to try out some Levis 501 shrink to fit jeans, but I'm a bit thrown off by the pricing. The "Indigo color" jeans cost about $40, while the "Rigid Selvedge color" (also weird, as 'rigid' and 'selvedge' aren't colors) cost about $100.

If I buy the 'indigo' jeans, which is all they seem to offer at the mall, will I be getting the full raw denim experience? Or is the $100 'Rigid Selvedge' affair somehow more exemplary?

(I've got some APCs and Unbranded jeans on the way, too, so please, no angry stares).

Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  3. Hype

Hype Member

4. msg

msg Senior member

I'm a M in Gitman Vintage, a small (which is usually baggy) in J Crew, and a small in most designers that aren't TTS. For BoO, a 2 fits me well, if it's going to be worn untucked; sleeve length is a little short, though, but I can still button the cuffs, I can still tuck the shirt in, but there's not much fabric to play with, so low rise jeans can be tricky. I haven't tried a 3 yet.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  5. corneliusparky

corneliusparky Senior member

holybich, I like J crew broken in T's a lot. I guess you could get the tall version if you want more slouchy :)

6. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

If you get the $40 ones you'll be getting the full raw denim experience. If, however, you have some APCs on the way, you have no reason to get the Levi's.

7. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Haha, thanks Skip. After months on this forum, I feel slightly bad I've never owned the True Grandaddy Originals, though.

8. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Eh, so what. I have a pair. The entire pant leg is way to wide and the quality of the denim is nowhere near N&F or APC. I'm much happier with the fit and feel of my APCs. Especially the fit.

9. tigi

tigi Active Member

I wear XS in Gitman Vintage, should I buy XS or S in BoO shirts?

10. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Agree with Biggskip, ignore the MCers and pass on those grandpa jeans

11. Mr_Incognito

Mr_Incognito Senior member

Is this vintage leather jacket worth buying and can any members here tell the leather hide from this picture?

[​IMG]

12. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Thanks, guys. I went and checked them out and found the cut a little lacking. (On the plus side, I told the SA, who used to work at Nordstroms and was all bummed about losing his employee discount, about all the APCs on B&S, so he was pretty stoked. :laugh:

13. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

Can anyone tell me if the Clarks "Jink" runs large like the Desert Boots do? I am usually a 10.5 to 11 (athletic shoes), but 9.5 DBs fit perfectly. Just wondering what size Jinks to order. Asked this question in the DB thread, but no response.

14. oilpit

oilpit Senior member

I'm looking for a medium sized, leather messenger bag/napsack that is built extremely well. I'm about to start college and my usual Timbuck2 just looks a little...silly, with the clothes I usually wear. I'd like to spend less than $300.

90% of the time I wear a pair of slim jeans, some kind of T-Shirt and a leather jacket or blazer...really simple. I just want a stylish, durable bag to keep my books and laptop in.

15. Vates

Vates Active Member

Hey guys
    Shoe sizing question
    How does Premiata run ? True to size, big, small ? Euro or italian sizing ?
    Cheers

16. xCrunchx

xCrunchx Senior member

where can i get fake rick owen dunks? that ship international in a size 9.5US (Chucks sizing)

pm meeeeeeeeeee

17. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Anyone know a decent tailor in the Research Triangle area (R/D/CH North Carolina)?

18. Knisse

Knisse Senior member

Hi

I need some help cleaning my W+H shorts, i suspect that it is acid, perhaps some lemon?

I have machine wash with no result at all, does anyone know how to clean this? Please let me know!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. BB1

BB1 Senior member

If it's lemon juice then try rubbing baking soda and water on it. If that doesn't yield any progress in fading the stains, then I'd take it to a professional cleaner.

But if it's not lemon juice and you want to try other things on your own, then I have had success with both Zout and Tilex. Both these are available at nearly any supermarket. Zout is an enzyme type cleaner and Tilex contains an acid that can remove deposits that soaps cannot remove. Get the Tilex product that says it contains EDTA (check the fine print on the back label).

20. zerostyle

zerostyle Senior member

Hi,

Looking for suggestions for a fall/spring lightweight jacket. To be worn with jeans, but would also be nice if I could wear it with casual work wear.

What are my options? A few of my requirements:
    1. No hood on it
    2. Not too expensive, let's say less than $150, preferably less than $100
    3. Nothing too terribly trendy.
    4. Do not want fleece

A few styles and my thoughts:
    Field jackets - possibly leaning in this direction
    Harrington/Barracuda jackets - I like the plain style, but do not like the extended collar flap
    Peacoats - prefer for winter coats, not fall
    Toggle coats - do not like

What styles should I look for? Any favorites?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011