Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. sofaking9000

sofaking9000 Well-Known Member

is this jacket too big for me?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

oh yeah definitely, it makes you look fatter in the stomach and those jeans give you a pear shaped outline [​IMG]

2. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

Depends on the value and whether or not it gets caught by customs. The daily volumes are so large that a part slips through unchecked, so you might get lucky. It usually takes a minimum of 1.5 weeks for something to arrive from the UK, so the tracking info just means it's left the UK but it hasn't arrived/been processed in the US yet.
    Thanks. Suppose the clothing's value is just shy of US$200 and it does get stopped by customs. Is it always subject duty? How much? How do you pay - do you go to a local custom's office to pay & pick up your package?

3. jslade

jslade Senior member

A lot of the Roden Grey models are wearing this pair of jeans in quite a few fit pics. I took a quick glance through the Roden Grey site, but couldn't find the jeans anywhere. Does anybody know what brand/model these jawnz are? [​IMG]

4. Knisse

Knisse Senior member

I am pretty sure that Roden Gray would be ready to help you if you message them, they are in my experiences very service minded.

5. 1up

1up Senior member

oh yeah definitely, it makes you look fatter in the stomach and those jeans give you a pear shaped outline [​IMG]

damn. is it possible to tailor a jacket with a zipper for length, and also have it taken in? Worth my money? The jacket was only $150.

6. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

Thanks. Suppose the clothing's value is just shy of US$200 and it does get stopped by customs. Is it always subject duty? How much? How do you pay - do you go to a local custom's office to pay & pick up your package?
    For textiles, if the package is valued at less than $200 on the customs form, you won't get charged customs fees unless you've imported over a certain value ($600, IIRC) in clothing this year. If you are charged customs fees, most likely the delivery carrier will send you a bill for the fees a couple of weeks after they deliver the package to you. For textiles the customs fees typically are in the 10-16% range.

7. flyguy7

flyguy7 Senior member

damn. is it possible to tailor a jacket with a zipper for length, and also have it taken in? Worth my money? The jacket was only $150.

...No there is no problem with the length of the jacket, in fact I'd say the length is nearly perfect. It's simply not very slim fitting. From what I can tell it's a nice buy at 150 though, so it might be worth having your tailor give it more of a V shape if you have a good one.

8. 1up

1up Senior member

...No there is no problem with the length of the jacket, in fact I'd say the length is nearly perfect. It's simply not very slim fitting. From what I can tell it's a nice buy at 150 though, so it might be worth having your tailor give it more of a V shape if you have a good one.

Cool. Thanks man. I just actually noticed there are draw strings on the inside, I can tighten it but then it accentuates my weird small waist to big hip ratio. I'll have to find a tailor to take it in, and maybe adjust the length 1 inch, just moved to this city though, so I'll have to find a good tailor.

In regards to the jeans, yeah they're really tight, but I'm hoping they stretch (nudie slim jim black wax), but I don't think this material will stretch much? I'm in the process of losing a few pounds anyways, so maybe it's motivation....even though I'm probably only 12-13% Bodyfat, my legs/hips store all the fat first [​IMG]

9. jslade

jslade Senior member

I am pretty sure that Roden Gray would be ready to help you if you message them, they are in my experiences very service minded.
    Yeah, I sent them a message. They're nonnative, in case anybody was interested. In the $600 price range bracket.

10. ireillytoole

ireillytoole Active Member

So what's the forum consensus on the policy when the post office has genuinely lost a package? Bought quite an expensive item with tracking and signature confirmation. Online tracking on wednesday confirms left facility, thursday that is en route, friday received at local facility, saturday update, basically to paraphrase:"Yea, don't know where it is" (said cannot confirm location). I went to the post office to have them turn the PO upside down, and also talked to like 5 people on the phone, they basically gave me a shrug and said to try again Monday...maybe it'll show up.

So, what's usually the deal, SOL for me, the buyer. SOL for the seller? Split evenly? This is a case I really believe we got f'ed and is neither our faults

11. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

Yeah, I sent them a message. They're nonnative, in case anybody was interested. In the $600 price range bracket.

plus the back pockets have some orange stitching. could be annoying to some.. just saying.

12. thunderthighs

thunderthighs Well-Known Member

So what's the forum consensus on the policy when the post office has genuinely lost a package? Bought quite an expensive item with tracking and signature confirmation. Online tracking on wednesday confirms left facility, thursday that is en route, friday received at local facility, saturday update, basically to paraphrase:"Yea, don't know where it is" (said cannot confirm location). I went to the post office to have them turn the PO upside down, and also talked to like 5 people on the phone, they basically gave me a shrug and said to try again Monday...maybe it'll show up.

So, what's usually the deal, SOL for me, the buyer. SOL for the seller? Split evenly? This is a case I really believe we got f'ed and is neither our faults

Things often get misrouted or misplaced, just give it a couple of days. If nothing, file a loss report and split it, since as you say (and I agree) that neither of you is at fault.

13. sofaking9000

sofaking9000 Well-Known Member

Cool. Thanks man. I just actually noticed there are draw strings on the inside, I can tighten it but then it accentuates my weird small waist to big hip ratio. I'll have to find a tailor to take it in, and maybe adjust the length 1 inch, just moved to this city though, so I'll have to find a good tailor.

In regards to the jeans, yeah they're really tight, but I'm hoping they stretch (nudie slim jim black wax), but I don't think this material will stretch much? I'm in the process of losing a few pounds anyways, so maybe it's motivation....even though I'm probably only 12-13% Bodyfat, my legs/hips store all the fat first [​IMG]

Hey man, sorry I didn't mean to embarrass you, I'm just bluntly honest.
    I kinda feel your pain although I'm the opposite of you [​IMG]
    I have skinny ass legs, flat ass (can't do anymore squats) but a gut [​IMG]. LOL, I end up with your body shape naturally [​IMG] Sucks man, I'm losing weight as well. I started at 185 in november and I'm at 165 as of this morning and did 11 pull ups for the first time in my life, feels good man.

GL with your health goals [​IMG]

P.S. I have a question for you. It seems that you have a very high waist...I also have a high waist and I've noticed on other men that they have a very low waist and from the rear their back pockets are like literally below their ass cheeks and their shirts don't cover the back pockets (no homo). Whenever I wear a shirt and jeans, my shirt/tshirt always cover my back pockets and it looks as if I'm wearing my jeans above my belly button [​IMG]
    What do you do about this?

14. 1up

1up Senior member

Hey man, sorry I didn't mean to embarrass you, I'm just bluntly honest.
    I kinda feel your pain although I'm the opposite of you [​IMG]
    I have skinny ass legs, flat ass (can't do anymore squats) but a gut [​IMG]. LOL, I end up with your body shape naturally [​IMG] Sucks man, I'm losing weight as well. I started at 185 in november and I'm at 165 as of this morning and did 11 pull ups for the first time in my life, feels good man.

GL with your health goals [​IMG]

P.S. I have a question for you. It seems that you have a very high waist...I also have a high waist and I've noticed on other men that they have a very low waist and from the rear their back pockets are like literally below their ass cheeks and their shirts don't cover the back pockets (no homo). Whenever I wear a shirt and jeans, my shirt/tshirt always cover my back pockets and it looks as if I'm wearing my jeans above my belly button [​IMG]
    What do you do about this?

Ya man, I have a really strange physique, legs are overdeveloped I guess from lots of hockey, but I've got naturally big hips. My torso is pretty short. I just wear shorter t-shirts to compensate for that difference. I've attached a pic (only way I could show my weird proportions is shirtless), but you can see how big my hips are compared to how narrow my upper body is. Not sure if losing another 10 pounds or so will really even that out..

[​IMG]

15. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Senior member

Should I buy cotton trousers (EG) tight fitting as I would denim, expecting them to stretch/relax a little? Or safer to buy larger and have tailor take them in?