1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Nobeezy

Nobeezy Member

Was thinking about getting a French Connection jacket/coat today and can get it at roughly fifty percent
    off, but i was wondering if their quality was any good? I'm very gentle with my clothes and have yet to
    experience any holes or tears in any of my clothes, even the cheap brands i buy, so i was wondering if
    i should even bother with them. They're a really good price for me and i have a difficult time finding jackets
    as it is, so this is a miracle for me, but i don't want to buy it if it won't last me a few years.
    Anyways, i apologize for the skyscraper of text. Please and thank you in advance! :)

2. LukeM

LukeM Senior member

What is the best deep indigo slim straight raw denim for around $100? I am Canadian, around 31.5" waist, about 6 ft. tall and I like to cuff my jeans. I mostly wear Clark's DBs and sneakers with sweaters or tucked in shirts. Thanks in advance.

3. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

I have a pair of vintage tricker's bourton in light brown in desperate need of a resoling. What kind of sole should I get put on them?

4. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

DO NOT. FCUK is awful quality, and it would only be a deal at 95% off

5. Nobeezy

Nobeezy Member

It's actually, like, 70%-ish percent off, but i don't know.
    I'd prefer a gray jacket, but i don't think i'll find anything else...

6. reedobandito

There will always be something else. I see you're new here, lurk for a while and get an idea of what higher end brands really tickle your fancy, then save up the occasional piece. Srsly

7. Xhale12

Xhale12 Senior member

Ok, so i have a problem. I have a very weird body type. Nearly all clothes end up being too long on me. I am 5'10", 160lbs, with a muscular build for my size. My arms are too big for nearly all cardigans, sweaters, that properly fit the rest of my body... on for regular shirts, they always end up being too long. Here I am wearing a size S in Jcrew. I can't go any smaller. It fits the rest of my body fine, but it is always too long.... with every brand. Should I just spend the money and get all of my stuff tailored? Im assuming that won't be cheap and may be silly doing it too JCREW shirts. Can I get by wearing shirts with this length?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. reedobandito

9. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

Anyone have experience with T by Alexander Wang? How's the fit and do you guys like this cardigan? Was thinking of picking it up at Barneys. Word.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. bure

bure Senior member

Looking to get a Patagonia Torrentshell jacket but not sure how to size it... anyone have experience with them?

I'm 5'8" 175lbs, 40-41" chest, 32-33" waist.

Thanks!

[​IMG]

11. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

If it matters to you, it's all made in China. The pricing is actually pretty fair though, and the knits are pretty decent. Haven't tried any of it on to be honest

12. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

Figuered as much. Seems like his line has been winning awards left and right and my wife loves his clothes. Granted that doesn't mean anything w/ regards to how it will work for me, but I haven't heard anything negative about them. That cardigan by the way is $285, not too bad.

13. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

I think I saw that one today (not sure, but it was a knit that was at $285), decent weight to the knit, 100% wool, decent hand. All in all you could do much, much worse for the price. More stockists seem to be picking up T, but I haven't seen much for his mainline

14. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

Good to know. They're offering free shipping, probably pick it up, and if it doesn't work return. Feel silly buying a cardigan when it's 95 degrees out here in L.A., but fuck it, sweater looks cool.

15. JosiahS

JosiahS Senior member

Hey, your name sounds familiar ;)

Gonna have to go with Unbranded. N&F quality for less money. There's thread on them some where.

16. Two Shoes

Two Shoes Senior member

[​IMG]

Can anyone ID this varsity?

17. gateslion

gateslion Well-Known Member

Could these make it into the jeans and blazer look? or is that ridiculous?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Keep in mind, once the jeans are over the boots they become a lot more understated

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  18. Two Shoes

Two Shoes Senior member

It's not ridiculous. It's ri-dane-cook-ulous.

19. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Yeah, those boots are too casual for a blazer. That said, I do like Frye Harness boots.

20. mrpo0nani

mrpo0nani Senior member

Can anyone recommend me a boot that can take a beating and quality? I'm moving to the UK from Florida and I really want to have a pair of boots that'll withstand the harsh winter weather. I considered Red Wing heritage but those are quite expensive and still kinda clunky on my small frame.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.