Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. kwonster

kwonster Senior member

Bought a prorsum leather on sale. Tag says S10. Keep?

[​IMG]

got it for $800. Was going to get a TOJ leather but found this for almost the exact price. Can always return for 30 days if I don't want, so just bought it for now.

2. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

what kind of alteration am i looking at to get the bottom 2/3rds of a shirt slimmed a bit? fit in the chest is good but there is a lot of extra fabric in the lower portion.

3. drum

drum Senior member

You can have it darted or tapered, I've had good results with a combination of both.

4. tesuquegolfer

tesuquegolfer Senior member

I have spent a fair amount of searching SF on using a Navy suit jacket as a Blazer, and a lot of people say change the buttons and it will work. My question is, "If I change the buttons from the current dark blue to a horn (color?) how will it look when I wear it as a suit?" I don't want to go gold or silver as I think it won't work with my suit. How many people really notice that I am wearing my "suit" jacket as a blazer, and should I really care? I know the SF purist are aghast at my last question and I risk being banned for it. I imagine I will eventually just by a navy "Blazer" to avoid the whole issue, even though I can think of a lot of other things in which to spend the money.

5. phxlawstudent

phxlawstudent Senior member

People notice if the jacket does not match the pants exactly

6. tesuquegolfer

tesuquegolfer Senior member

People notice if the jacket does not match the pants exactly

The issue is not that the pants won't match the jacket, the issue is will it not look like a suit if the jacket with horn buttons is worn with the matching suit pants. If I put brass or bright colored buttons on the jacket, people will probably think I am trying to match a pair of slacks with a blazer. I am inclined just to wear it as is a a blazer from time to time and not worry what others are thinking.

7. max_r

max_r Senior member

i've seen navy suits with horn buttons before, looked pretty good imo. they were dark-colored horn though.

8. BrianVarick

BrianVarick Senior member

I have spent a fair amount of searching SF on using a Navy suit jacket as a Blazer, and a lot of people say change the buttons and it will work. My question is, "If I change the buttons from the current dark blue to a horn (color?) how will it look when I wear it as a suit?" I don't want to go gold or silver as I think it won't work with my suit. How many people really notice that I am wearing my "suit" jacket as a blazer, and should I really care? I know the SF purist are aghast at my last question and I risk being banned for it. I imagine I will eventually just by a navy "Blazer" to avoid the whole issue, even though I can think of a lot of other things in which to spend the money.

I don't think anyone would really notice, but I also don't mind wearing a blue suit jacket as a sport coat.

9. tehdvd

tehdvd Well-Known Member

10. sofaking9000

sofaking9000 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, to my understanding it seems that raw/selvage denim is denim that is straight from the loom, no after production washes right?

If this is true, why does something that has less time spent on it cost MORE than denim that is washed and faded and has whiskers?

11. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

because it takes a long time to loom selvege denim opposed to the run of the mill diesel or true religion.

old fashioned looms are hard to come by and they are no longer in production b/c the quantity of denim it mills doesnt fill the "need" of todays society.

thats my knowledge..

12. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Looking for shoes like:

[​IMG]

but cheaper (<$100 if possible).

Also would like recommendations on a casual pair of shoes for this coming Spring that would work well with khaki shorts and a polo or sport shirt. The more versatile the better. Thanks!

13. Filipe

Filipe Senior member

I'm on the market for a pair of slim chinos and I have a 20% coupon for ASOS. Do you think I should get a pair of Polo Jeans Ralph Lauren Truman Slim Chinos for 90€ after discount?

14. Xiaogou

Xiaogou Senior member

Are the Polo Darlton and Marlow (dark brown cordovan wingtip) the same shoe?

15. 1up

1up Senior member

what jean fits similar to a nudie black wax slim jim but is more tapered at the leg? Acne maybe?