1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. afc345

afc345 Senior member

shoes as in boots or shoes as in sneakers?

Sneakers mainly, but boots are ok if you have any suggestion there.

2. Logan

Logan Senior member

Anyone have any idea who makes these shorts or something close to them? [​IMG]

3. mottykytu

mottykytu Well-Known Member

Can you guy tell me the name of this shoes , or something have a same style, Thanks you so much
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. drum

drum Senior member

Hey friends, I have a question on how I should go about tailoring a pair of sweatpants.

My alterations tailor would probably just laugh at me if I brought him a pair of sweatpants. There are tons of sweatpants out there cut like the way you're looking for. Raf and Rick Owens spring to mind, or Wings + Horns if you're looking for something cheaper.

5. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

Sneakers mainly, but boots are ok if you have any suggestion there.

sneakers- i often think my raf vandals would look dope with a DR. you can go for a cp bball hi i guess. something with structure.

boots- chelsea boots would fit the bill. sleek, slim low profile like some paul smiths..maybe margiela.

6. fnspr3

fnspr3 Member

I'm in Scotland for a semester at university. Looking to get some casual boots to wear mostly with jeans.
    So far I have been searching and liking the Gentleman Travellers, are RW Beckmans a suitable equivalent? Are there any other boots that I should research before buying GT's? Are there any boots that would be better to buy since I'm in the UK? Comfort is a concern as I will be travelling and walking alot.
    Any other clothing items worth picking up while I'm in Scotland, ie that are cheaper and or better here. I was thinking maybe cashmere.
    Thanks.

7. ramp

ramp Senior member

My alterations tailor would probably just laugh at me if I brought him a pair of sweatpants. There are tons of sweatpants out there cut like the way you're looking for. Raf and Rick Owens spring to mind, or Wings + Horns if you're looking for something cheaper.

If he's already got his Hugo Boss sweats though, might as well make it so they fit how he wants.

Jhnkago, just ask to have them tapered. They'll have you put them on and pin them in certain places until you get the fit you want. Its kind of an odd request for sweatpants, but they taper pants all the time. I know the old Ukrainian lady I go to would give me a dirty look if I asked her to taper sweatpants.

8. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Can you guy tell me the name of this shoes , or something have a same style, Thanks you so much
    [/IMG]

not sure exactly, but some ideas of the same look..

opening ceremony - M1 boot (leather sole)
    rachel comey - jericho model
    Clarks Desert Boot (crepe sole)
    J. Crew MacAlister (crepe sole)

9. Surreal

Surreal Senior member

Where do I buy shoes like this?

Don't have to be brown. I love the shape.
    [​IMG]

10. Knisse

Knisse Senior member

Could you help me spot what t-shirt and boots Mr. Law is wearing here? Please do not be limit edition stuff [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] And i reckon the jeans are some kind of Diors? I know celebrity spotting is tacky as hell, but i have at least posted in the right thread.
    Bump

11. Jhnkago

Jhnkago Member

The BOSS store offers free alterations so I'm considering bringing it back to get it altered. I'm curious about those sweats you've mentioned though. Do you have a link to where I may take a look? I'm generally finding it impossible to find any sweats anywhere, especially somewhat thinner, looser clothing sweats.

If he's already got his Hugo Boss sweats though, might as well make it so they fit how he wants.

Jhnkago, just ask to have them tapered. They'll have you put them on and pin them in certain places until you get the fit you want. Its kind of an odd request for sweatpants, but they taper pants all the time. I know the old Ukrainian lady I go to would give me a dirty look if I asked her to taper sweatpants.

I appreciate it ramp, I may give that a try.

12. thexfactor

thexfactor Active Member

What do you think about this look?

[​IMG]

13. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

My Robert Geller leather jacket has been resting on a wet towel for 24 hours. Did I ruin it?

14. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Senior member

Where can I buy RO skirt pants? I can't find them anywhere online and i don't feel like going to NYC just to buy a skirt. Would be great if it was e fw 09 ones

Oki-ni has them.

15. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Alright, after I get a VAT discount, as long as my order is under $200 (US) I won't get charged customs correct?