Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. SeanathonHuff

SeanathonHuff Senior member

I'm looking for a jean to be: 34-35" waist, +10.8" rise, 11.7-12" thigh, ~7.6" leg opening after they've been broken in. This is basically a mid-rise straight leg with considerable taper (Weird Guy rise is too low, nothing on SE has fit this criteria, either). Do I have options other than tailoring jeans that fit elsewhere?

2. SupeMassivePowerTrip

SupeMassivePowerTrip Well-Known Member

Been wearing my iron rangers lately and at the end of the day they give me blisters, should I be wearing thicker socks, as well as lacing them tighter?

3. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

I'm looking to buy a pair of boots (wolverine 1000mi) and am wondering what color is the most versatile? It seems like most people favor the rust brown color though I prefer the darker brown and black look. I've unfashionable for quite some time now and didn't realize dark blue jeans and black boots were not universally good looks. I'll be mostly wearing these with dark blue denim and occasionally khaki pants and corduroys.

Thanks!

In terms of versatility Rust>Dk Brown>Black

4. Knisse

Knisse Senior member

Hi!

Just received a pair of Lanvin High-tops that i bought of Ebay. I was wondering, arent those supposed to have "Lanvin" of the back of the sole(on the bottom of the shoe)?

I am just making sure that i have not received fakes

5. Retep32

Retep32 New Member

Not quite. Bape make a lot of those hoodies that zip up all the way to the top, true, but that is not a Bape hoodie that the guy is wearing. I'm pretty sure a lot of people have been making them for a while now (I know that Acne has been making them for several years).

Oh, and I would not recommend buying one. In my experience, having the zipper go up that high just leads to it rubbing against the neck, and it's just really uncomfortable. Having them zip all the way to the top is a case of bad design.

Thx for your answer. I visited the Acne Homepage and found one pice which is similar to the one on the photo. But its only available in grey or black. I'd like to have it in red/blue or white.
    Do you by any chance know a few more brands who offer that kind of hoodies?

6. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

I'm looking for a jean to be: 34-35" waist, +10.8" rise, 11.7-12" thigh, ~7.6" leg opening after they've been broken in. This is basically a mid-rise straight leg with considerable taper (Weird Guy rise is too low, nothing on SE has fit this criteria, either). Do I have options other than tailoring jeans that fit elsewhere?

Look on blueingreensoho.com, they have measurement charts for pretty much every jean that they sell. I think it's a good bet that you'll find something along the lines of what you are looking for there.

7. drum

drum Senior member

Been wearing my iron rangers lately and at the end of the day they give me blisters, should I be wearing thicker socks, as well as lacing them tighter?

Man up and break them in by walking a ton, or if you've already done so they might be a little too large. You could try an insole instead of thicker socks.

8. ysb

ysb Senior member

okay, not clothing related, but how do you quote a post that has an image in it and hide it like people have done with the "hide spoiler" feature? seems like it's great for preventing reposting lots of photos.

Thanks

9. drum

drum Senior member

[ spoiler ] text [ /spoiler ]

10. ysb

ysb Senior member

[ spoiler ] text [ /spoiler ]

THANKS!

11. oxx

oxx Member

Getting shoes stretched: worthwhile?

I'm between sizes and got a pair of leather shoes in the smaller of my two sizes -- they felt fine at first, but after wearing them for a whole day they're definitely a bit too snug. I'd like to get them stretched about a half-size larger. Does anyone have experience with this? Is it worth it? They're very nice shoes (MMM); while I could probably get back what I paid for them on B&S I doubt I'd find another pair in the right size.

If it's worth getting them stretched, is it worth bringing to a shoe repair place or just get some shoe stretchers and do it myself?

12. Berzerk91

Berzerk91 Well-Known Member

13. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Senior member

Thx for your answer. I visited the Acne Homepage and found one pice which is similar to the one on the photo. But its only available in grey or black. I'd like to have it in red/blue or white. Do you by any chance know a few more brands who offer that kind of hoodies?
    I don't really know of any other brands, but I'm sure they're out there somewhere. FWIW, the one I got from Acne is blue, and the colors that they off change from season-to-season from what I recall. I really don't recommend getting a hoodie that zips all the way to the top. It's just asking for zipper burn along your neck.
    Hi! Just received a pair of Lanvin High-tops that i bought of Ebay. I was wondering, arent those supposed to have "Lanvin" of the back of the sole(on the bottom of the shoe)? I am just making sure that i have not received fakes
    Both of the pairs I have say Lanvin on the bottom and they say Lanvin on the insole.

14. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

cheap, high quality alternative to ray ban clubmasters

i know them shits aint worth $100

15. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

Hi!

Just received a pair of Lanvin High-tops that i bought of Ebay. I was wondering, arent those supposed to have "Lanvin" of the back of the sole(on the bottom of the shoe)?

I am just making sure that i have not received fakes

These are the lanvins i sold a couple days ago. as you can see they have 'lanivn' on the bottom of the sole. and i got them from bergdorf. do the words look the same as the ones on yours?

[​IMG]