Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

yeah mine too. for some reason my j+ button down is keeping the stain. ive never had issues with indigo on white shirts actually staying on before thats why i think i actually need a stronger product. anyone else have something that has worked for them?
    have you tried pre-treating the stain with oxyclean or something? if it's a solid white shirt, you can also go with bleach. i use bleach pens for white shirts sometimes

2. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

have you tried pre-treating the stain with oxyclean or something? if it's a solid white shirt, you can also go with bleach. i use bleach pens for white shirts sometimes

if i use a bleach pen and pre treat, will it affect my other stuff in the wash? i guess i could pretreat and just hand wash that area

3. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

if i use a bleach pen and pre treat, will it affect my other stuff in the wash? i guess i could pretreat and just hand wash that area
    you should be washing your whites separately from your colored, so bleach shouldn't really be a problem. if you're dumping them all together, pretreating will be fine, but bleach will not. there's no need to do both.

4. randomkoreandude

right ... yeah im not careful about my washing. which is dumb since i spend loads on clothes but i will for the next load and just use bleach pen

thx bro

5. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

Should we (I) start an Official German Army Trainer Thread?
    Please! I've been doing some research on these in the past few days since I've seen pics (mostly the MMM ones) and am interested in finding a pair but rarely see anything for sale or even any info on these at all. There's a few old sales threads over at SUFU and a bit on ebay but very little info about styles, where to buy currently, etc...
    best product to get indigo stains off shirt? i used spray in wash and washed it and did no help. anyone recommend a better product?
    dude, google - http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&so...move+indigo+st
    I'm pretty sure there is some product designed for exactly that. I don't remember the name though.
    I have some raw denim that have 2 holes on the seat. They have only been cold soaked twice. Before I repair them, should I wash them? They are pretty dirty but I'm not sure a wash would help the holes.
    could go either way. washing won't do anything for the holes but giving them to a tailor to work on isn't a bad excuse to give 'em a wash.
    How's the fit on this jacket?
    looks a little snug, the body and sleeves are getting on the short side. and I don't like the color, navy or black would be better in my opinion.
    Would it be a style faux pas to wear a casual jacket and pants that are the same color? (In my case, khaki harrington with khaki pants) And if so, should I buy a darker khaki harrington? Or would that also be a bad look?
    meh, sort of. If they're in the same family (browns) it's good but there should be a bit of contrast. obviously it's different if it's what you're wearing all day like a sportscoat and pants but if it's just a jacket for a short time and only when you're wearing that one pair of pants then whatever, call it Sprezz!
    Not too many Diors pop up on sufu or sf, where could I lurk for some?
    there are a few forums around where you might find these...
    Forums
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums/
    http://www.mynudies.com/
    http://www.honestforum.com/
    http://forums.men.style.com/index.jspa
    http://www.denimblog.com/c/forum/
    what's a fair price for slimming the legs on a pair of trousers. The top block fits fine, but the legs are not flattering at all. Need to slim from knee down.
    just from the knee down? like $10-15 or so. for the full leg up to the crotch maybe $25 and including any rise changes up to $30-35

6. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

7. dmash

dmash Senior member

If I'm a 8.5 in Chucks, should I go for 42 in CP?

Yes, to be on the safe side.

8. randomkoreandude

dude, google - http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&so...move+indigo+st
    I'm pretty sure there is some product designed for exactly that. I don't remember the name though.

dude do you think i didnt first google? most of the links lead back to SF lol. i wanted to see if someone had a particular "GO TO" product on here since most are denim enthusiasts. google hits lead to how to wash but no consensus on a product

9. corneliusparky

corneliusparky Senior member

quick leather jacket question. I'm getting into wearing a slimmer fit. I'm small in the chest 36-37 but when I try on a leather jacket that fits right in the arms and length (about an inch below my belt) I find them its quite tight in the shoulders and armpit. I have small shoulders but putting something in the top pocket is a bit involved and when I drive with both hands on steering wheel its really tight in the armpit. is the fit wrong or is my thinking too much in the cushy mindset? I realize this is subjective but I need a little perspective.

10. e23

e23 Senior member

Looking for a black canvas gym-type bag, any suggestions?

11. Tesla

Tesla Member

12. randomkoreandude

quick leather jacket question. I'm getting into wearing a slimmer fit. I'm small in the chest 36-37 but when I try on a leather jacket that fits right in the arms and length (about an inch below my belt) I find them its quite tight in the shoulders and armpit. I have small shoulders but putting something in the top pocket is a bit involved and when I drive with both hands on steering wheel its really tight in the armpit. is the fit wrong or is my thinking too much in the cushy mindset? I realize this is subjective but I need a little perspective.

leather jackets CAN stretch ... but depends on type of leather, designer, model, etc. i would rather have slightly too tight than too big regardless

13. SupeMassivePowerTrip

SupeMassivePowerTrip Well-Known Member

Are CPs achilles low really worth $330 USD shipped? ( The places that have sales never ship to Australia)

14. dmash

dmash Senior member

Are CPs achilles low really worth $330 USD shipped? ( The places that have sales never ship to Australia)

It's your money, only you know if they're 'worth' it.

As far as their quality, it was better in earlier years, but it's still quite good.

15. DrunkenMist

DrunkenMist Member

Anyone ID this jacket?

[​IMG]