Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

Looking for a decent lightweight, slim military-style spring jacket. This one from Mango looks about right, but I don't love the color and it looks a bit cheap. http://shop.mango.com/ficha.faces?id...tate=he_400_US Any recommendations? Price range withers and dies at $200. Also, I like military green. It's bomb.

2. Greylabel

Greylabel Well-Known Member

Looking for high quality travel bags/messenger bags.. No real price range... Don't like anything too bulky.

3. computurd

computurd Senior member

What parts of the year does tres bien shop generally have their sales?

4. Clynt

Clynt Member

Hey guys, major noob here. Just got my first pair of wingtips off ebay, some AEs. I'm wondering which model this is because I couldn't figure it out. Bought them anyway cause I like them, but I'd still like to know.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...5#ht_690wt_905

Also, is this a decent deal at least? If not, no biggie since they're cheap. Thanks!

Anyone know anything about this? Also can anyone help me out on what I need to get to take care of them? I know a shoe tree. The listing says they're calfskin, and according to the AE website I need the conditioner, shoe cream and polish. There's no burgundy polish though, am I supposed to get it from somewhere else or should I just get dark brown? I searched around and some people said brown is "ok" on burgundy shoes while others disagreed. I also read that black is good for burgundy shoes. Thoughts? Sorry, I'm new to this stuff [​IMG] first pair of leather shoes (that's worth taking care of).

5. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

I want to order an item from oki-ni, not too expensive (144USD). My question is the site says that they are not liable for custom charges. Anyone in the US have any experience with oki-ni? Will I get charged for customs?

I ordered something from them recently of comparable price, and I did not get charged any customs fees. From what I've read, i think you're usually in the clear if it's under $200.

Read as hearsay or from a legitimate source? link?

Also, RegisD: if you request that they remove VAT via e-mail, they will acquiesce.

^
    Mostly just hearsay, and from some of the postings on this forum. So, I may be perpetuating some bogus info. I may dig around and see if there is some legitamacy to this. I'm sure there is a dollar value where it becomes more costly to administer the fees than the actual amount of the fee.

I haven't ordered from oki-ni, but I do have a fair amount of experience with ordering clothing from overseas (over 20 orders in the last year or so). Basically, if a package containing textiles is valued at less than $200 USD, you will be exempt from customs fees. There is an annual limit to the value of goods that qualifies for exemption (IIRC, around $600), though. I don't have a link offhand to fully legitimize this, but I did research this on the US customs website the first time I got hit with a customs fee.

Also, if the overseas shipper uses EMS to ship the clothing to you, that seems to be able to bypass customs fees regardless of the value of the package. I once had a $1700 value package of clothing come in from Japan via EMS and never had to pay any customs fees on that one.

6. dasai

dasai Senior member

Anyone know anything about this? Also can anyone help me out on what I need to get to take care of them? I know a shoe tree. The listing says they're calfskin, and according to the AE website I need the conditioner, shoe cream and polish. There's no burgundy polish though, am I supposed to get it from somewhere else or should I just get dark brown? I searched around and some people said brown is "ok" on burgundy shoes while others disagreed. I also read that black is good for burgundy shoes. Thoughts? Sorry, I'm new to this stuff [​IMG] first pair of leather shoes (that's worth taking care of).
    You'll have better luck asking over at Men's Clothing than in SW&D. I seem to recall a model very similar to this coming up in one thread, but not with a rubber sole. As for care... the search function is your friend.

7. Clynt

Clynt Member

You'll have better luck asking over at Men's Clothing than in SW&D. I seem to recall a model very similar to this coming up in one thread, but not with a rubber sole. As for care... the search function is your friend.

Thanks

8. korgboy

korgboy Member

If I buy some drivers from Tod´s with the rubber nubs, is it then possible for a cobbler to put a regular thin rubber sole on when the nubs are worn down?

9. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

What parts of the year does tres bien shop generally have their sales?

Summer and Dec/Jan

10. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Looking for high quality travel bags/messenger bags.. No real price range... Don't like anything too bulky.

www.billamberg.com

11. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

12. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

If I buy some drivers from Tod´s with the rubber nubs, is it then possible for a cobbler to put a regular thin rubber sole on when the nubs are worn down?
    The upper heel thingies (you know, the top part, just behind your ankles) are going to be squashed flat as pancakes before you have to worry about the nubby things wearing down. Or have you owned these shoes before? Was your experience different?

13. dylantaylormoss

dylantaylormoss Senior member

I'm looking for a clean, thin and soft pull-over hoody made out of cotton and/or synthetic fibers with no buttons/zip/front closure of any kind. Any recommendations?

14. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

15. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

Use the merlot premium polish on a burgundy shoe, it's on the AE website under shoe care. It's what I use on my burgundy AE's. Hope this helps you out and congrats on your purchase.