Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Nice, Thanks^

2. S-Town

S-Town Senior member

^
    Mostly just hearsay, and from some of the postings on this forum. So, I may be perpetuating some bogus info. I may dig around and see if there is some legitamacy to this. I'm sure there is a dollar value where it becomes more costly to administer the fees than the actual amount of the fee.

3. Vates

Vates Active Member

Hello,
    What the hell is a size 48 (italian) in knitwear ? Is it a S or a M ...and most importantly : what does it measure actually ?

4. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Hello,
    What the hell is a size 48 (italian) in knitwear ? Is it a S or a M ...and most importantly : what does it measure actually ?

This would be a US size 38, or what most would consider a standard US medium. Of course cannot tell you what it "measures exactly" as we have no clue of what the garment is you speak of. I myself would consider anything US 36 or below to be a small. (e.g. 34-36 small, 38-40 medium, 40-42 large, etc)

most stockists and web stores will provide you measurements should you request them. Knits are tricky, though. Considering the potential stretch of the knit and various other factors. Inquire on the stretch or rigidness of the fabric to be safe with sizing.

5. 42LONG

42LONG Senior member

6. Vates

Vates Active Member

7. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

Knits are tricky, though. Considering the potential stretch of the knit and various other factors. Inquire on the stretch or rigidness of the fabric to be safe with sizing.

+1. I'm still getting blindsided on knits (and blazers). The best advice I would offer is to go by tag rather than measurements for both, with the possibility of sizing up 1 on knits by certain designers for a looser fit.

8. mttlee0

mttlee0 Senior member

Need some advice from the Canadians.

I'm working with a new buyer shipping from Toronto --> California for a pair of jeans.

Any advice on avoiding custom fees?

What are the best Canadian shipping options? (my priorties are cost, reliability and avoiding customs) What is the general price range?

Thanks!

9. Clynt

Clynt Member

Hey guys, major noob here. Just got my first pair of wingtips off ebay, some AEs. I'm wondering which model this is because I couldn't figure it out. Bought them anyway cause I like them, but I'd still like to know.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...5#ht_690wt_905

Also, is this a decent deal at least? If not, no biggie since they're cheap. Thanks!

10. bluesdance

bluesdance Well-Known Member

11. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Anyone in NY can proxy me a Laundress sweater stone cheaper than what they're asking. price+shipping is ridiculous... i'm sure USPS flat rate would fit it =\\

12. Jim Barns

Jim Barns Well-Known Member

Looking to buy a real pair of Timberland boots brown color size 8 or 8.5 either new or nice looking second.

I want something cheap so if you have a source for a cheap second then let me know. My budget for this is pretty limited so please mind what you recommend to me.

thanks in advance

13. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

14. coco2010

coco2010 Senior member

I'm 6'3" 200 pounds will this shirt fit me? http://www1.yoox.com/item.asp/tskay/...033_18_7_GX_-1 It's a Daniele Alessandrini shirt, so i believe they run slim but the shirt is XL and has back "gathers", does this mean even slimmer?
    I would think so. Im 6'2"/185-90 lbs and I wear large in DA stuff. Their shirts, specifically. They run pretty slim around torso with extra room in the sleeves, which is nice if u got bigger arms.

15. v3l

v3l Senior member

Can anyone ID these gloves and/or jacket?
    [​IMG]