Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

After 1.5 years of constant wear in the rain, mud, jumping around in the woods and shit the soles on my W+H finally crapped out. Kinda regret not getting them vibram'd and shit.

Anyways, this is cobbler-able right?

[​IMG]

yes or contact Dayton for a re-sole.

2. charleskwaltstein

charleskwaltstein Member

Should a pale skinned and red headed-ish person wear a yellow/orange jacket/parka if he wears a light blue shirt underneath? Or should he choose a green or blue jacket instead because of his complexion? 1. [​IMG] 2. [​IMG] 3. [​IMG] Thanks in advance.

3. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

damn that sucks, can't help but 'lol' did you pay retail? of all the good things said about those boots, that happens?
    Well you have to keep in mind that they are leather soled shoes and aren't really meant to go through all of the stuff I put them through, and no i didn't pay retail
    Should a pale skinned and red headed-ish person wear a yellow/orange jacket/parka if he wears a light blue shirt underneath? Or should he choose a green or blue jacket instead because of his complexion?
    1. [​IMG] 2. [​IMG] 3. [​IMG]
    Thanks in advance.

A lot of dudes will tell you about color and skin and stuff but I just say fuck it. If you're comfortable and look "normal" wearing bright colors then it really doesn't matter all that much. General consensus is pale dudes shouldn't wear bright yellows or greens like that though, if that's what you're looking for

4. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

Looking to get some old school raglan sweatshirts, zippered hoodies. I would like better quality than AA, but not something as expensive as buzz. What are some stores/brands I should look for?
    our legacy might be worth a try. try end clothing, theyve got a few brands to look out for... http://www.endclothing.co.uk/brands/universal-works

5. cakeisnice

cakeisnice Member

Hi! [​IMG] Is this button-down collar shirt too long to wear untucked with jeans, or would it be ok? All answers appreciated.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Hi! [​IMG] Is this button-down collar shirt too long to wear untucked with jeans, or would it be ok? All answers appreciated.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Took a second (thanks for the good pics), but I do think it looks perfectly fine un-tucked. Appears to be one of those mid length shirts where you can opt to tuck or not. As long as you have a little height to balance it out, I wouldn't worry. Also nice having the option to tuck it in, should you need to. Sizing looks good as well.

7. dcasto12

dcasto12 New Member

Recently found out a leather backpack I bought a few years back is a Jean Shop "Large Backpack" (http://worldjeanshop.com/). Is there a market out there for this, or is it something I should hold on to? I don't think I would want to get rid of it for much less than retail, as it's in really good shape, and looks even better with the wear that's on it. How much do you think I could expect to get for something like this?

8. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

Should a pale skinned and red headed-ish person wear a yellow/orange jacket/parka if he wears a light blue shirt underneath? Or should he choose a green or blue jacket instead because of his complexion?

1. [​IMG] 2. [​IMG] 3. [​IMG] Thanks in advance.

I think most people will look bad in those colors, but especially a pale skinned redhead. I'm pale skinned with a ruddish complexion and even among blues (which is one of the easiest colors for me to wear along with grey/black and tan/brown) there are a lot of shades that look bad on me

9. Filipe

Filipe Senior member

Request the actual pit to pit measurement or look up similar harringtons on the B+S to find such measurements. You'll probably want 3-4" of chest clearance, so an actual p2p of 21-22"-ish. It would be helpful also to know if Ben Sherman equates size S to a 36 or 38. I'd probably recommend going down to size rather than up (39->38) since Ben Sherman isn't known for being very fitted.

According to an eBay seller, the pit to pit measurement of an S is 21.5 inches and an M is 22.5 inches. Do you think M will be fitted enough? I don't want it to feel tight, just fitted.

10. ratboy90

ratboy90 Member

how would you wear a grandad shirt? i got one for christmas in white and don't know how to combine it.

it's similar to this h&M one
    [​IMG]

11. Knisse

Knisse Senior member

My friend is looking for a pair of High-tops on Yahoo, it states that they are an Italien 5 - what size is that in US? The seller doesnt seem to reply very fast..

Unfortunately, shoe sizing isn't as precise as it should be. Europe uses a two-digit sizing system; the "Italian size 5" is actually using a UK standard (equivalent to EU 37), which should be a US 5.5, but may well be more like a US 6 or even 6.5. It depends on the make and the last.

In short, your friend should only buy these shoes if he can return them for a full refund if they don't fit properly.

I highly appriciate that answer! The problem is, he is buying online and no chance of returning.

12. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

According to an eBay seller, the pit to pit measurement of an S is 21.5 inches and an M is 22.5 inches. Do you think M will be fitted enough? I don't want it to feel tight, just fitted.

Go with the small. It's clear from those measurements that Ben Sherman equates S with a 38. You'll have 4 inches of chest clearance with that measurement (your 39 to (21.5 X 2) 43) which is plenty.

13. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

I want to order an item from oki-ni, not too expensive (144USD). My question is the site says that they are not liable for custom charges. Anyone in the US have any experience with oki-ni? Will I get charged for customs?

14. S-Town

S-Town Senior member

I want to order an item from oki-ni, not too expensive (144USD). My question is the site says that they are not liable for custom charges. Anyone in the US have any experience with oki-ni? Will I get charged for customs?

I ordered something from them recently of comparable price, and I did not get charged any customs fees. From what I've read, i think you're usually in the clear if it's under $200.

15. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

I ordered something from them recently of comparable price, and I did not get charged any customs fees. From what I've read, i think you're usually in the clear if it's under $200.

Read as hearsay or from a legitimate source? link?

Also, RegisD: if you request that they remove VAT via e-mail, they will acquiesce.