Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

^ Yes that is why I am hestitant. A lot of mixed reviews on Amazon. Not sure if I really want to send my knit to NY for the laundress =\\

2. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

Looking for jeans that are similar in fit to APC NS, but have a larger/taller rise. Any suggestions?

Blue Owl just got these Spellbound jeans that look pretty awesome. I noticed the rise was quite high.
    http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bri...il&SKU=7997500

3. Knisse

Knisse Senior member

My friend is looking for a pair of High-tops on Yahoo, it states that they are an Italien 5 - what size is that in US? The seller doesnt seem to reply very fast..

4. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

5. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

great avatar^[​IMG]

6. wat?

wat? Member

7. mk.ultra

mk.ultra Senior member

i dont know if this is a quick question but:

if i stop wearing my Seiko 5 automatic watch for awhile, will it significantly decrease the life of the movement? im thinking about getting another watch, and id probably be alternating between the two.

8. pstoller

pstoller Senior member

My friend is looking for a pair of High-tops on Yahoo, it states that they are an Italien 5 - what size is that in US? The seller doesnt seem to reply very fast..

Unfortunately, shoe sizing isn't as precise as it should be. Europe uses a two-digit sizing system; the "Italian size 5" is actually using a UK standard (equivalent to EU 37), which should be a US 5.5, but may well be more like a US 6 or even 6.5. It depends on the make and the last.

In short, your friend should only buy these shoes if he can return them for a full refund if they don't fit properly.

9. pstoller

pstoller Senior member

i dont know if this is a quick question but:

if i stop wearing my Seiko 5 automatic watch for awhile, will it significantly decrease the life of the movement? im thinking about getting another watch, and id probably be alternating between the two.

If you wear the watch every other day, alternating probably won't have any effect on the life of the watch. If the watch is regularly off your wrist long enough to run down completely, consider getting a watch winder. Winders keep you from having to reset the time (and complications, if any) and prevents wear and tear in the crown winding mechanism. It also keeps the oil in the mechanism distributed, an issue of debatable importance with modern watches that use synthetic oil (such as your Seiko 5).

A good watch winder can cost more than a Seiko 5. But if your new watch is also an automatic, then a winder may still be a good investment.

10. pstoller

pstoller Senior member

if a garment has some percentage of wool in it, should i be worried about moth holes? or do they only eat 100% wool garments?

Moth larvae prefer pure wool, but also eat wool blends. So, you should protect blends as you would pure wool.

11. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

I just lost some wool-blend sweaters to moths -- even on cedar hangers.

Looks like a cedar box is probably the best way to go.

12. jimmyfingers

jimmyfingers Senior member

Looking to get some old school raglan sweatshirts, zippered hoodies. I would like better quality than AA, but not something as expensive as buzz. What are some stores/brands I should look for?

13. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

After 1.5 years of constant wear in the rain, mud, jumping around in the woods and shit the soles on my W+H finally crapped out. Kinda regret not getting them vibram'd and shit.

Anyways, this is cobbler-able right?

[​IMG]

14. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

damn that sucks, can't help but 'lol'

did you pay retail? of all the good things said about those boots, that happens?

15. yamete

yamete Senior member