1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Quixotic

Quixotic Well-Known Member

2. dmash

dmash Senior member

OMG that's the EXACT one with the pull handle on the end and everything. Thanks SO much! Can't find it anywhere though, nor in brown. and I'd have to get it at steep discount to be in my price range.

3. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Looking at the this tee from Geller, but the sizes are 36 & 42 and I have no idea what those mean.

What do they mean?

4. Desi

Desi Senior member

I think for Barney's the listed 36 is a Geller 44/XS so that would make 42 a 50/L

5. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

So, I think I'm going to order this biker jacket. Been wanting a rider for a while now, but as a student, I can't really justify spending $710 on a TOJ, which is what I'd really like. The Viparo one looks pretty good, anf I couldn't really find much info about the brand around here or anywhere else, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

Anyway, I'm having second thoughts as to whether I'm able to pull it off. Most of the guys rocking DR's around here seem to be dark haired. Weird question, I know, but I'm light blond, with a fairly light complexion. I look very nordic, I guess. Like almost albino territory blond.
    I've wanted a DR style jacket for so long, but I'm starting to wonder if I'd look like an ass in it? There isn't a huge selection of stores who sell leathers around here, so it's hard for me to try one on, other than really cheap horrible looking ones.
    Is it true what they say, that anyone can pull of a nice looking leather jacket?

I don't think hair color matters so long as it fits in your wardrobe and works with the other colors you wear without clashing. And if you really want a ToJ, why not just continue to save up for it and get what you really want instead of wasting your money on something you aren't going to be as happy with?

Looking at the this tee from Geller, but the sizes are 36 & 42 and I have no idea what those mean.

What do they mean?

I think for Barney's the listed 36 is a Geller 44/XS so that would make 42 a 50/L

Actually, Barney's simply lists the US equivalent of Geller's sizing, so their 36=46 (small equivalent), 38=48 (medium), etc. I wear a small in most brands for instance and wear a 46 (US 36) in Geller.

6. Quixotic

Quixotic Well-Known Member

Yeah, I haven't seen them anywhere. I only got to handle one when I was in New York at INA. It was incredibly nice but they had it marked for I think $3,000.

7. ironduke

ironduke Senior member

Clarks Bushacre or Massimo Dutti made in portuguese desert boots with cemented rubber soles/lining, which is better? Roughly same price here. Need opinions on quality and durability too. Leaning to Massimo dutti side currently.

8. chiggah

chiggah Senior member

I'm after some boots. Looking at CP training boot but if anyone have suggestions that'd be great..

Budget $500 ish

9. dmash

dmash Senior member

I'm after some boots. Looking at CP training boot but if anyone have suggestions that'd be great..

Budget $500 ish

check the baller boot thread, just replied there

10. _Nomad

_Nomad Active Member

I don't think hair color matters so long as it fits in your wardrobe and works with the other colors you wear without clashing. And if you really want a ToJ, why not just continue to save up for it and get what you really want instead of wasting your money on something you aren't going to be as happy with?

A TOJ would be around $900 ordered to Norway, and I can't really justify spending that amount on a single item as a student with basically zero income.

11. thebunk

thebunk Senior member

A friend of mine has asked me if I can help him locate a vintage Nike sneaker from back in the day (does not need to be actual vintage, it can be a modern day take or a reproduction).

Anyway, he is just looking for an all white leather Nike sneaker (low top tennis style) with a red swoosh. Anyone know where he can find something like this (excluding knockoffs on ebay of course).

Thanks,
    Jamie

12. dmash

dmash Senior member

13. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

A friend of mine has asked me if I can help him locate a vintage Nike sneaker from back in the day (does not need to be actual vintage, it can be a modern day take or a reproduction).

Anyway, he is just looking for an all white leather Nike sneaker (low top tennis style) with a red swoosh. Anyone know where he can find something like this (excluding knockoffs on ebay of course).

Thanks,
    Jamie

Check J. Crew's collaboration with Nike (In Good Company), they unearthed some oldschool styles, may be what he's looking for.

14. Treph75

Treph75 New Member

I am wondering if anyone can direct me to a graphic t-shirt forum, or someplace where I can find out what people are looking for and want in a graphic t-shirt? What is catching your eye these days? I am trying to find samples of good t-shirts to see what is popular. I know what I like, but what do others like?

15. ice86x

ice86x Senior member

16. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Senior member

Has Julius FW11-12 stuff hit any shelves yet?

17. 89andy

89andy Senior member

Anyone know if it's easy to shorten a belt? My gf bought me a dior homme d point belt in size 95 but it would fit worlds better if it was an 85. The problem is that there is stitching around it so I'm not sure if it's still possible to shorten it...

18. thebunk

thebunk Senior member

AF1s?
    [​IMG]

Thanks dmash, you have a link by chance?

19. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

Do F+B boots fit TTS? Im a 44 in Margiela Hi's, 43 in Margiela boots, 43 in CPs, 43 in most dress shoes etc. Should I kop a 43? All sizes (and half sizes) are available so I'd like to get the right one

20. shanks59

shanks59 Senior member

CHAMBRAY SHIRTS???

Why are they popular?
    Why are they generally expensive?