Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. coco2010

coco2010 Senior member

Sounds like a good price, but why not buy Sorels or something if you're buying boots specifically for winter?

sorels are too fugly imo. thx for the input.

2. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

3. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

Hi all,

Could use some feedback on an (admittedly pedestrian) ebay issue.

Essentially, an international bidder won my auction on a pair of good shoes and is not making payment. He's already left me positive feedback and wants me to send him an invitation to decline the sale, and then to re-list the auction. I don't want to start all over with this auction, which had several other bidders before his winning bid. His stated reason for not buying was that he was questioning my shipping cost (I ask $45 to ship priority mail from US to Europe including insurance and tracking). He mentioned that it usually only costs $30 for first class. For the sake of expediency, I said I would ship first class for $30 and eat the rest if it came out to more. He still doesn't want to pay, and has essentially said that if the shoes are so great why am I afraid to re-list them. He has asked again for the invitation to decline (so that I can avoid listing fees and, presumably, he gets off the hook for not honoring his bid?).

Basically, my question is whether I'm safe to leave negative feedback since he's already left me positive feedback. Until now, I've had nothing but good transactions on ebay (both buying and selling) so I'm not quite sure whether I would be exposed to possible negative consequences (I keep reading how Ebay policy now strongly favors buyers) by posting a neg to warn other sellers of a trigger-happy bidder. My auction had all of the standard responsible and cover-your-ass language ("please ask questions before you bid", "I am happy to ship internationally but please contact me for shipping quote", etc.) and I've made flexible and considerate gestures (offering him the shipping he himself suggested) to finalize this sale.

The shoes sold for only $100 so I've probably already devoted too much time to this. But I'd like advice anyways.

4. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

Hi all,

Could use some feedback on an (admittedly pedestrian) ebay issue.

Essentially, an international bidder won my auction on a pair of good shoes and is not making payment. He's already left me positive feedback and wants me to send him an invitation to decline the sale, and then to re-list the auction. I don't want to start all over with this auction, which had several other bidders before his winning bid. His stated reason for not buying was that he was questioning my shipping cost (I ask $45 to ship priority mail from US to Europe including insurance and tracking). He mentioned that it usually only costs $30 for first class. For the sake of expediency, I said I would ship first class for $30 and eat the rest if it came out to more. He still doesn't want to pay, and has essentially said that if the shoes are so great why am I afraid to re-list them. He has asked again for the invitation to decline (so that I can avoid listing fees and, presumably, he gets off the hook for not honoring his bid?).

Basically, my question is whether I'm safe to leave negative feedback since he's already left me positive feedback. Until now, I've had nothing but good transactions on ebay (both buying and selling) so I'm not quite sure whether I would be exposed to possible negative consequences (I keep reading how Ebay policy now strongly favors buyers) by posting a neg to warn other sellers of a trigger-happy bidder. My auction had all of the standard responsible and cover-your-ass language ("please ask questions before you bid", "I am happy to ship internationally but please contact me for shipping quote", etc.) and I've made flexible and considerate gestures (offering him the shipping he himself suggested) to finalize this sale.

The shoes sold for only $100 so I've probably already devoted too much time to this. But I'd like advice anyways.

Are you sure that's even possible? Last I checked, Ebay adopted this asinine policy where sellers cannot leave buyers negative feedback, even if the buyer doesn't pay.

As far as I know, the best that you can do is to file an unpaid item strike against the buyer, and if you don't want to relist the item, send a second chance offer to the next highest bidder.

5. BRMC_doves

BRMC_doves Senior member

I'm looking for a very thin black beanie/toque. One that is fairly plain w/ only the folded up part being ribbed. Any ideas? The malls suck here.

6. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

WTF, you're totally right--I don't have an option to leave negative feedback. What a joke.

7. dasai

dasai Senior member

Thinking about picking up a pair of olive drab chinos. My question is, uh... what exactly do they go with? They are calling to me, but I can't figure out how I should wear them.

8. S-Town

S-Town Senior member

I'm going to vegas for a weekend and want some sneakers that don't look like i'm going to the gym. What is a good brand and/or style for under $100. They'll be worn with pants, so they can be lo, hi, or mid. Thanks!

9. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

Thinking about picking up a pair of olive drab chinos. My question is, uh... what exactly do they go with? They are calling to me, but I can't figure out how I should wear them.

Earth tones, plaids, brown/burgundy leather and suede.

I'm going to vegas for a weekend and want some sneakers that don't look like i'm going to the gym. What is a good brand and/or style for under $100. They'll be worn with pants, so they can be lo, hi, or mid. Thanks!

If you want to stay under 100, buy low canvas vans, keds, or chucks. The more complex they are, the higher a chance they have of being ugly.

10. Greylabel

Greylabel Well-Known Member

11. PersonalJesus

PersonalJesus Senior member

how far down the leg does self edge measure the jeans they have on sale?

12. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

I've never seen it in black.

i guess "spirit" is the other option. some sites show it as a dark grey/blue, others have it looking like a baby blue. ive never seen them in person, you?

13. Rallen

Rallen Member

Hey there.

I've found a nice second hand denim shirt from Nudie online, which I'm about to buy for a nice price.
    Only problem is that the seller washed this raw denim beauty once - which was absolutely one time too many!

I cant leave it alone tho .. Need to own this. My question is; can I "save" it somehow, and make the white shadows look better?

I have thought about 2 possibilities .. Either wearing it all the time until it looks worn all over.
    Or .. Would it somehow be possible to soak it, and let the other denim bleed upon the white shadows?

Thanks already!!

Pictures:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

15. Arntor

Arntor New Member

I have 380 bux to spend on casual wear. Right now, I need a casual light jacket, some jeans, shoes, and shirts. Anyone have a set of clothing that would complement well? The girth of my waist is 32 inch and from foot to waist is 38 inches. [​IMG]