1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. KitAkira

KitAkira Well-Known Member

2. tonio028

tonio028 Well-Known Member

where can I get a shirt like this?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7771859...42924/sizes/o/

Not sure what your price range is, but you could try Alternative Apparel or even Apolis Activisim. They had similar look deeper placket henley's as far as I can recall. Context has the Apolis ones on sale at the moment too I believe.

I've never seen this brought up but I think the rubber toe shape is weird looking on Purcells, Chucks have the classic shape.

I agree about the rubber toe on the Purcells being weird. I much prefer the classic as well.

Is it ok to wear corduroy pants?

Yes is the easy answer to the open ended question. As far as the other poster saying only thin wale being the way to go, I disagree. I have both thin and thick wale and both work well. I have a thick wale Engineered Garments cord and those things hold up to the cold weather well with their heavier weight and have a bit more rugged look that looks great with boots.

3. bows1

bows1 Well-Known Member

Whats the cheapest provider to send a package from US to UK? Needs to come with tracking number

4. KitAkira

USPS flat rate priority

1 person likes this.
  5. bows1

bows1 Well-Known Member

Alright awesome thanks KitAkira

6. aqhong

aqhong Well-Known Member

Whats the cheapest provider to send a package from US to UK? Needs to come with tracking number
    USPS is the cheapest, but nothing short of EMS (Express Mail) comes with tracking. It'll probably run you $40+.

7. bows1

bows1 Well-Known Member

!! No way! I got fucked on a jacket on eBay and I have to pay shipping back to get a refund. Thats like over half the cost of the jacket! I need a tracking number for the dispute [​IMG]

8. KitAkira

USPS is the cheapest, but nothing short of EMS (Express Mail) comes with tracking. It'll probably run you $40+.
    Priority International (not small flat rate) has tracking, $43.5 for a regular box up to 20 lbs (equivalent to the price of your own packaging up to 5 lbs)

9. Riio

Riio Well-Known Member

looking for a simple, clean varsity jacket for under 150. ideas?

10. Hollowthorn

Hollowthorn Well-Known Member

Hi, I need recommendations on some kind of jacket/outterwear that is not leather or wool + will keep me warm. Thanks~
    Anyone?

11. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Well-Known Member

A while back somebody reported Tricker's, but I think they may have been referring to Thom Browne main line. This thread says Alden.

The ones I am looking at definitely look alden and not tricker's, but not on any last that alden is popular for. They're longwings with a really beautiful pointed nose, hard tapered waist.

12. fueledbynewjersey

fueledbynewjersey Well-Known Member

Hey, How much does Uniqlo charge for shipping? As in phone orders. Also I live in Northern New Jersey. Thanks!

13. mlyngard

mlyngard Well-Known Member

USPS flat rate priority

+1

Not true

Priority International (not small flat rate) has tracking, $43.5 for a regular box up to 20 lbs (equivalent to the price of your own packaging up to 5 lbs)

True. Just did this last month. Trx # will be your customs number on the receipt they give you. It takes a day for the number to become active online.

6-10 day delivery anywhere too. Customs form is short and easy. Allow 10 minutes for it, and you don't have to get back in line after filling it out.

14. mlyngard

mlyngard Well-Known Member

Anyone?

You didn't read my original reply to this question, did you?

15. c00kz

c00kz Well-Known Member

What's a good suggestion for thin cotton cardigans? I really liked J.Crew's cotton/cash but they don't seem to have much anymore. It's necessary they be not-so-warm or substantial.

16. Razele

Razele Well-Known Member

What's a good suggestion for thin cotton cardigans? I really liked J.Crew's cotton/cash but they don't seem to have much anymore. It's necessary they be not-so-warm or substantial.
    I think the only reasonably affordable quality cardigan producer that makes them regularly is A.P.C I always see three or four every season, roughly the same cut and just in different materials. Sometimes they have nice Mother Of Pearl (MOP) buttons as well. Otherwise Jil Sander line always has a few, so does Margiela. The only other I can think of is over in Mens Clothing, a fair amount of boring cardigans over there.

17. KitAkira

PS by Paul Smith and American Apparel may work

18. Razele

Razele Well-Known Member

True that ^^

I'm sure you would need anything from an XS to a XL in AA, as sizing is wack.

19. telemark

telemark Well-Known Member

looking for a simple, clean varsity jacket for under 150. ideas?

I'd also like a few ideas if possible...

Personally, I'm looking for something with the same coloured sleeves and body. Preferably all wool too.

20. Razele

Razele Well-Known Member

150 bucks is way way too cheap for a decent varsity, unless BR / Gap / J Crew make one.

I would wait around for TOJ to make them again.