Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Mirrorball

Mirrorball Senior member

The same boots are on their way to me. Where did you get yours from?

I'm planning on doing nothing to them besides maybe an occasionally application of conditioner. They are distressed after all.

Got mine from creaturesofcomfort.us. Yeah i think i'm not going to treat them at all. I don't plan on wearing them in crazy snow/mud conditions - i have other more suitable rubber soled boots for that kind of weather.

Let me know how they fit. I wear a 10C in Allen Edmonds and a 10 in pretty much everything else and was thinking about getting a 43 in the CPs but can't find a 43 on sale anywhere

http://www.aloharag.com/highseas/pro...GPIBNHMHJJFLIP

There's a size 43 for you. Only 1 left too.
    I got mine in a size 44. 43, while probably closer to being the right length for me are slightly too narrow. CPs tend to run narrower than most in general so i had to size up 1 for a more comfortable fit.

2. krspdla

krspdla Senior member

If you have the tailor taper on the inseam, nothing will happen to that selvage line. If the tailor tapers on the outseam, though, the selvage line will either get wider, or you will lose it altogether, depending on how he does the taper.

For this reason, it is highly recommended that you do the tapering on the inseam, not the outseam, when you are working with a pair of selvage jeans.

Oh okay, thanks a lot! My pair of jeans has bright colored stitching along the inseam. This is a really beginner question but will a tailor be able to replicate that after tapering it?

3. Tonybag0dohnutz

Tonybag0dohnutz Senior member

Anybody have a stockist list for Band of Outsiders? I'm looking to purchase a suit and found a few, but their selection is kind of meh right now. Thanks!

4. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Quality and fit of Muji's Oxfords?

5. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

^^ Quality so so. Pretty slim IIRC

6. coco2010

coco2010 Senior member

should I size up one on Jil t's/polos? they look like they run pretty slim, especially the sleeves.

7. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

Oh okay, thanks a lot! My pair of jeans has bright colored stitching along the inseam. This is a really beginner question but will a tailor be able to replicate that after tapering it?

As long as he has thread that matches, he should be able to replicate the original stitching well.

8. coaster

coaster Member

Quick question… What's more appropriate? High-top Chucks or low-tops? Are they even "stylish" anymore? Also, black or grey?

9. cowsareforeating

cowsareforeating Senior member

they're chucks. they're beater shoes that look okay. ur call. probably wont make a difference

EDIT: i mean that don't sweat small things like this in "improving" your style.

10. Prada_Ferragamo

should I size up one on Jil t's/polos? they look like they run pretty slim, especially the sleeves.

I recommend size up depending on your body type.

11. matera

matera Member

I have a straight leg pair of selvedge denim and want to get them tapered. What happens to the selvedge line if I go through with this?
    i dont know what the "proper" way to taper jeans or how taylors do it, but i've always taken in the inseam it seems like it would be less noticable and especially because you don't lose the selvedge[​IMG] check out this thread: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...ad.php?t=22252

12. Prada_Ferragamo

[​IMG] Taken in the inseam and taper the jeans are two completely processes. Your tailor can do two things. If you don't want to lose the selvedge, they can open up the out seam and pull the the sides out to create the taper, but then you end up with a really wide selvedge line. Or they can cut it and re-sewn which you'll end up lose the selvedge lines.

13. krspdla

krspdla Senior member

Oh really? I didn't know that. Okay well I have a pair of straight cut jeans that I want to make slimmer. Which process would I have to do?

14. Prada_Ferragamo

depends on you. I had both done before. The selvedge line end up really wide. If you don't care about it that much then just tell them you want it tapered, and they know what to do. Make sure you go to a tailor that you can trust though so they don't screw up the proportions.

15. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

best liner for boots?