Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. HarrisonK

HarrisonK Senior member

I know this is a pretty vague question, but any tips are appreciated.

So, casual ties. All my ties are dressy. Where do you get casual ties for wear an unbottoned collar and jeans or chinos? Should I be looking for a specific material? Thanks

First of all, what is your price range?

Casual ties are typically narrower and can be silk, wool, or knit.
    These are Brooks Brothers more casual narrower ties:
    http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatS...Section_Id=870

If you don't want to spend that much money on ties, you can get some pretty nice looking ties from TheTieBar.com. Significantly less expensive but I have three ties from them and have no problem with them.
    I personally like their wool skinny ties:
    http://www.thetiebar.com/categoryPag..._Ties_Wool.asp

Hope this helped.

2. Ike

Ike Senior member

Re: Ties. Alexander Olch has been on gilt recently, and will probably show up again. He does nice ties that can be dressed down as well.

3. ennui

ennui Senior member

[​IMG]

Got these CP Distressed Officers Boots recently. Wondering if i need to treat them in any way with oil or wax or something? I don't want to ruin them and they have that distressed look that i'm afraid might not look right after they've been treated but i also want them to last a long time.

Anybody give me some advice on what i should do?

The same boots are on their way to me. Where did you get yours from?

I'm planning on doing nothing to them besides maybe an occasionally application of conditioner. They are distressed after all.

4. tit_tyrant

tit_tyrant Well-Known Member

The same boots are on their way to me. Where did you get yours from?

I'm planning on doing nothing to them besides maybe an occasionally application of conditioner. They are distressed after all.

Let me know how they fit. I wear a 10C in Allen Edmonds and a 10 in pretty much everything else and was thinking about getting a 43 in the CPs but can't find a 43 on sale anywhere

5. AHShadow

AHShadow Senior member

I was just wondering what is the big difference in between the CP Achilles and CP Tournament? I know they have a difference, but I was just wondering why everybody likes the Achilles more?

6. Pieceofsand

Pieceofsand Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I got these Kenneth Cole NY leather oxford for a really cheap price. They were long, definitely longer than all the shoes I own previously. I'm definitely not use to it nor do I know how to dress it,I don't want to look like I have clown shoes on, or is that just in my head because I'm being presented with a new style?

Thanks guys.

7. matera

matera Member

those are nice shoes Pieceofsand i like em

8. krspdla

krspdla Senior member

I have a straight leg pair of selvedge denim and want to get them tapered. What happens to the selvedge line if I go through with this?

9. EasyCrisp

EasyCrisp New Member

Hello fellow members! I have been looking for this exact hoodie recently and I was wondering if anyone could help me out as to where I could get one.
    [​IMG]
    It's the grey hoodie under Garrett's leather jacket in the photo. I know there's not much to go off of but that metallic blue stripe is so unique that I think maybe someone will know who is the maker of these hoodies. [​IMG]

10. chasingred

chasingred Senior member

That's such a simple detail that it seems like you could just buy a hoodie from American Apparel, pick out some fabric, and have a tailor sew that detail in.

If I may give some unsolicited advice however - don't buy hoodies.

11. EasyCrisp

EasyCrisp New Member

^ I was thinking the same thing but why not buy a hoodie? 0.o

12. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

but that metallic blue stripe is so unique that I think maybe someone will know who is the maker of these hoodies.
    Hmm...maybe we should ID the leather jacket for a super-special bonus round.

13. EasyCrisp

EasyCrisp New Member

^ Yeah no doubt that leather jacket is super-specially expensive. It's on a upcoming movie star's body for crying out loud!

14. datgoal

datgoal New Member

Hey guys, first time post.

Can anyone recommend some casual black leather boots? Is there a basic black leather boot I should add to my wardrobe?

I recently ordered some Earthkeerps from Timberland but I didn't like the way they looked with my 501s.

So I come to you guys. Thanks

15. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

I have a straight leg pair of selvedge denim and want to get them tapered. What happens to the selvedge line if I go through with this?

If you have the tailor taper on the inseam, nothing will happen to that selvage line. If the tailor tapers on the outseam, though, the selvage line will either get wider, or you will lose it altogether, depending on how he does the taper.

For this reason, it is highly recommended that you do the tapering on the inseam, not the outseam, when you are working with a pair of selvage jeans.