• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by *Tee*
Any ideas where I can still find one of these Paul Smith shawl collar coats in size M ( or something similar ) ?

pcxc-486k-516-b-56883.jpg

PaulSmithAutumn201052.jpg

PaulSmithAutumn201012.jpg

Anyone ?

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vaio
is 1/2 inch too big, too big for boots?

Yes and no, its at least 1 full size but you can adjust with thick socks and/or sport/comfort insoles.

Originally Posted by tit_tyrant
Are there any boots similar to the Common Project's officer boots? I'm looking for a casual black boot to be worn with tapered jeans so it has to be slim enough for the hem to fit over the laces and preferably not a workboot that will make my feet look gigantic in comparison to the tapered pants.

Try ndc, buttero and fiorentini and baker

Originally Posted by Oasis
Kinda my thinking but if they're in regular use white may not be white for long.. Hmmm.

Have you considered the gray ones?

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by *Tee*
Anyone ?
Nice coat T, I'm actually looking for the formal version of that same coat in xs, flippa k makes a coat thats kinda similar to the knit collar version but not as nice though.

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a reputable website that sells coats/jackets for spring. I need one that ships to Canada and carries good fashion brands. I know of gilt and ebay, but none others.

HarrisonK

Reaction score
I got flamed for asking this in another thread and was told to ask this here, so here goes nothing. (flame suit on)

What is the best way to wear boat shoes in DC during the winter? Socks, no socks, jeans, corduroys, chinos? Anything would be greatly appreciated.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ You're probably getting flamed because it sounds like a silly question.

First off, dude, the temperatures here in DC/NoVA have rarely been over 45 since November, and it's usually in the 20s or lower. You're actually considering not wearing socks? Facepalm moment. The sockless look is great when its pleasant weather. Think that through.

How do you normally wear boat shoes? Do the same in winter, but with layers and/or heavier pants.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
would it be acceptable interview attire to wear charcoal trousers, navy blazer, white shirt, repp tie, black shoes

xCrunchx

Reaction score
^ short answer yes

long answer no since nothing is a must not even wearing cool clothes

must to live?
must for the shoe to smell nice?
must for the shoe to live long?

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
would it be acceptable interview attire to wear charcoal trousers, navy blazer, white shirt, repp tie, black shoes

Generally, yes.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by halisray
What do you guys think of these? http://www.aldoshoes.com/ca-eng/men/...0894330-doe/97 with a slim navy suit that I have? I don't want to buy anything overly expensive because I literally have no money and I need a pair of leather shoes
I would first advice against getting anything from aldo but if you must due to budget or whatever then just make sure you get something made in portugal which is the only halfway decent leather shoes that aldo sells, most others are made in india or pakistan and the leather is of much inferior quality, some feel like plastic others like paper mache, most are very thin and crease immediately too.
Originally Posted by hoozah
I'm looking for a reputable website that sells coats/jackets for spring. I need one that ships to Canada and carries good fashion brands. I know of gilt and ebay, but none others.
Roden Grey Inventory Gravity Pope Jonathan + Olivia Nomad U&I ssense ^ All in Canada for starters and good brands, high retail but you can look for discounts and sales.
Originally Posted by Phiberglass
Is anyone able to ID these two pairs of boots? More so the ones on the right. Thanks!
mQER.166167_488960351352_673661352_6370829_4631248_n.jpg

My guess for the ones on the right would be f+b elios in dark brown with some good wear and/or distressing, sorry I cant help more than that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads