Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. herzzreh

herzzreh Senior member

Reputable place to get blank AA t-shirts with fast shipping please.

2. transient

transient Senior member

Hi guys,

I'm in the process of replacing my wardrobe with better, and just generally better thought out clothing. I think I've got a handle on denim and now it's on to the shirts! I want to get a couple of nice casual shirts for the summer and I need some recommendations.

A problem I'm running into is that I'm somewhere between size small and medium. I got a nice one so far from j. crew but it's just ever slightly too large. I'll probably end up getting it fitted since it was only $25. Same story with H&M, it's good filler clothing but I won't bother getting it tailored unless it's nice enough to be worth it. I like some stuff that gap is carrying but it's $40-$50 a pop and I think the fit is off as well.

A general consensus here seems to be uniqlo but I don't live near a store. Anyone?

3. matera

matera Member

4. shanks59

shanks59 Senior member

Advice please. Is it reliable/safe to buy from Rakuten?

5. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

Advice please. Is it reliable/safe to buy from Rakuten?

Yes, it is. Just be aware that due to customs issues, Rakuten stores won't accept returns or exchanges on international orders for any reason.

6. shanks59

shanks59 Senior member

Thanks very much, are the sizes quoted reliable?

7. commodorewheeler

Thanks very much, are the sizes quoted reliable?
    Do you mean the measurement charts? Those are a little bit inconsistent in their reliability.

8. shanks59

shanks59 Senior member

Do you mean the measurement charts? Those are a little bit inconsistent in their reliability.

Yes

9. commodorewheeler

Yes

Yeah, some of them are just stock measurement charts provided by the clothing manufacturer, some of them are actually measured out by the store. Hard to tell which is which.

10. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

If you are going to proxy/buy from international stores, always know your size. Not worth the risk.

11. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

Hi guys, A problem I'm running into is that I'm somewhere between size small and medium.
    Can you expand on this? (i.e. sleeves too short on size small but torso ok and medium is ok on sleeve but loose torso, etc.), also are you a slim guy, normal, husky, fat, obese, in fact state height and weight for reference. btw, JCrew, Sucks (fits suck period, and on pretty much everything not just dress shirts) H&M, Only decent dress shirts are the black label ones, rest suck, in fact rest of store sucks Gap, has 40% off regular priced items every wednesday

12. canstyleace

Hi, I've been thinking long and hard about my everyday shoe that i'll be purchasing. I want the shoes to be -Leather(like red wings) -Able to be worn to semi-formal parties but still casual enough to be worn everyday. -Works well with beeswax; i'm a leather noob. I got about $110 to spend on the sneakers. Yeah, i know.
    So you want sneakers or shoes?
    anyone knows how to size ferragamo belt? I'm 29 waist, what size should i go? 30? 32?
    If you're a true 29 get 30, if you're a 29 in vanity sized jeans then get 32.
    MMM Gat Lows. Which colour to cop - brown, black or white?
    imho, white>brown>black
    What do you think of the fit on this shirt?
    Shoulders look ok as well as body length and lower torso, cant really tell on the sleeve length and there appears to be some extra material bunching around the pit area, could be just the arm's position though, hth.
    I'm looking at purchasing some Paul Smith Cesar boots in black, but I can't seem to find them in a US size 10 anywhere. Anyone know a place to order them sans the Paul Smith website? Or at least any other options that closely resemble their looks and quality? Thanks much.
    Gravity Pope has them, their retail is usually higher than most other places but they also currently have a small discount on them.

13. transient

transient Senior member

Thanks canstyleace,

I'm a normal body type. 5' 11" 155llb/ As far as most mediums go the torso is loose, sleeve length is good but arm opening is too wide, and length is an inch too long for my liking. I know this is pretty general so I should just try different brands and see what works best. I know that Calvin Klein size small always fit perfect. I was also inquiring about casual, not dress shirts. Thanks again.

14. canstyleace

^ cant help you much with casual shirts as I dont wear many of those and the few I do are eg which you might want to try but they're not cheap, same goes for w+h, wwm, BoO, etc. they're all slim fitting casual shirts that are slimmer than most other brands.

I say if you already know CK small is perfect and I assume you have access to them so just get several on sale, unless you meant ck for dress shirts and not casual, also you could get some gap ones on wednesdays 40% off, I dont really know much on budget casual shirts tbh.

15. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

is 1/2 inch too big, too big for boots?