1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

such as? Really just need casual shoes for jeans or shorts paired with button down or polo, just a conservative look.
    fortunately theres a thread for that: if your on a budget if your a baller

2. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

Where should the last button and/or hem fall on an ocbd that you plan on wearing untucked? Is this too short? (ignore the boxy fit, need to get it tailored. [​IMG]

3. Lane

Lane Senior member

i wanna pet you on the head

4. rebornsoul

rebornsoul Member

i wanna pet you on the head

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. mistewacko

mistewacko Senior member

Where can I buy Porter bags (Yoshida) in Osaka, Japan?

6. Luke Banks

Luke Banks Active Member

Slightly off topic but regarding the Buying & Selling subforum do most sellers generally ship internationally? Also what is the preferred payment method? Paypal?

7. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Slightly off topic but regarding the Buying & Selling subforum do most sellers generally ship internationally? Also what is the preferred payment method? Paypal?
    I would assume that they do not UNLESS it is specifically mentioned. You can always PM the seller ahead of time. I've never come across a seller that would take Paypal, but usually the preferred method is spelled out in the seller's OP.

8. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Going to Chicago in a couple of weeks and am interested in checking out SW&D shops, but it seems like with the exception of Apt #9 they are all closed (Jake, Hejfina, etc.).

Where to go?

Shameless self-bump.

9. jslade

jslade Senior member

10. Vecna

Vecna Senior member

What do you do with chunky leather laces like these? [​IMG] The shoes are a good fit, so there's not enough room inside to tie the laces without cutting a groove into my foot. Alternatively, I assume you could simply not tie them and have the laces lay at the edges of the sole, but i'm not sure if that's optimal. Should i consider cutting them? Thanks

11. drum

drum Senior member

^ surely you can just tie them loosely? Leaving them untied just looks like you forgot to tie them.

12. Knisse

Knisse Senior member

"bs" leather, anyone know what brand bs is short for? Seen some very good ones, but i never asked for some reason.

13. max_r

max_r Senior member

"bs" leather, anyone know what brand bs is short for? Seen some very good ones, but i never asked for some reason.

blackscissors

pretty much all copies of other brands leather jackets (rick owens mostly from what i've seen) though i hear they're decent quality for the price.

14. Knisse

Knisse Senior member

Thanks! While we are at it. Anyone know if these are actually just (beat-up) whites or some other colorway? (They are from Common Projects) [​IMG]

15. emil8

emil8 Well-Known Member

16. xCrunchx

xCrunchx Senior member

which asos size would fit me?

if i am in shirts

pit to pit 19inch

collar to hem 29 inch

sleeve length 26 inch

17. jfurt

jfurt Well-Known Member

This is more of a site question, but when searching in B&S, how do you search for RRL? This sounds like a really stupid question, and it probably is, but when I search for RRL I get no search results, but there are obviously threads with RRL in the title. How do you guys type that when you search for it, or am I totally missing something here?

18. lemonade soda

lemonade soda Well-Known Member

This is more of a site question, but when searching in B&S, how do you search for RRL? This sounds like a really stupid question, and it probably is, but when I search for RRL I get no search results, but there are obviously threads with RRL in the title. How do you guys type that when you search for it, or am I totally missing something here?

Go on Google and type this in exactly: site:http://www.styleforum.net "buying and selling" rrl

Thanks!

While we are at it.

Anyone know if these are actually just (beat-up) whites or some other colorway? (They are from Common Projects)

[​IMG]

Judging from the indigo stains, they're not too new, it seems they're just plain worn tourney whites.

19. Roygbivuxg

Roygbivuxg Senior member

Thanks!

While we are at it.

Anyone know if these are actually just (beat-up) whites or some other colorway? (They are from Common Projects)

[​IMG]

These are not white but rather a light warm grey (from ss09). All white cps dont have such a stark color difference between the upper and the sole. These are the lows but u get the idea.
    [​IMG]

20. lacunae123

lacunae123 Well-Known Member

Quick question: (I'm drawing a blank) What is the brand that stitches into their shirts (oftentimes on the side) a logo that looks like 2 "B's," the first of which is reversed?