1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. corneliusparky

corneliusparky Senior member

Started wearing tighter jeans and can't handle keys digging into my front leg (in the pocket). Going to start using a tether on belt loop but don't like sounding like a janitor with my keys jiggling. Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Started wearing tighter jeans and can't handle keys digging into my front leg (in the pocket). Going to start using a tether on belt loop but don't like sounding like a janitor with my keys jiggling. Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Look no further.

3. drum

drum Senior member

When you guys are shipping to the United Kingdom (from the US), do you usually ship via Priority Mail? I know that First-Class doesn't provide any tracking, and that Priority Mail provides tracking in the form of a Customs Number (that provides PayPal seller coverage)? Correct me if I'm wrong -- I haven't shipped across the pond for a while now.

Provided you're sending a package and not an envelope, First Class is usually trackable using the customs number, but the details only show up in the UK and not on the USPS website. I'm not sure whether or not that qualifies for paypal seller coverage though.

4. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

Is it just me or is it impossible to find a reasonably priced chore jacket (3-4 buttons, 3-4 patch pockets) these days?

I'm looking for one in navy, lightweight (cotton and unlined) and under or around $80-100. I don't feel like paying a premium for an over-designed piece of designer wear since I intend to use the jacket for more then hanging around with hipsters. Links/suggestions welcome.

5. Derek92

Derek92 Senior member

Can black balmoral full broque long wings be worn with jeans? Or are they too dressy? Thanks in advance.

6. Willie5566

Willie5566 Senior member

Couple questions regarding these shoes:

[​IMG]

Would you wear them with jeans?

When wearing with shorts would you wear ankle socks or no socks?

7. S-Town

S-Town Senior member

Couple questions regarding these shoes:

[​IMG]

Would you wear them with jeans?

When wearing with shorts would you wear ankle socks or no socks?

I would wear them with jeans or shorts. Pretty versatile casual shoe in my opinion. I just got some Mocc Socks. I havn't actually used them yet, but i've tried them on, and they are waaaaay low. I personally hate being sockless, but you wouldn't want much sock showing with shorts. You should check them out.

8. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

how is the sizing on AA t's? I normally wear a size s hanes shirt and they fit well after they have been washed/dried on high (they shrink a lot). Do AAs shrink like Hanes?

9. mj89

mj89 Member

how is the sizing on AA t's? I normally wear a size s hanes shirt and they fit well after they have been washed/dried on high (they shrink a lot). Do AAs shrink like Hanes?

I'm 5'8-5'9 with a 36' chest. I take a small in both hanes and AA t's. From what I've experienced the AA shirts do shrink a bit in length, but they don't end up being boxy like some of the hanes shirts. I like the length post wash, I just wish they were thicker.

10. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

Can black balmoral full broque long wings be worn with jeans? Or are they too dressy? Thanks in advance.

Depends on your aesthetic, but in general brogues aren't that dressy. I guess if you're used to wearing sneakers all the time, they might be.

11. Derek92

Derek92 Senior member

Depends on your aesthetic, but in general brogues aren't that dressy. I guess if you're used to wearing sneakers all the time, they might be.

So you think even though they're balmorals they wouldn't be too dressy? I've been back and forth on this issue countless times. Lol.

12. linkinwayne

So you think even though they're balmorals they wouldn't be too dressy? I've been back and forth on this issue countless times. Lol.

I never think brogues are too dressy unless you're wearing them with a sweatsuit or something. But if you're worried they are, probably shouldn't get them. Not like you can wear them with a proper suit anyway. I mean, you can, but [​IMG]

13. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Steve Alan. Buyable brand or no?

14. linkinwayne

I have a reverse seam shirt or whatever it's called. Pretty decent

15. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Debatable. What item in particular? Button down?

16. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Debatable. What item in particular? Button down?

Well, it was their Spring Knit Bomber. Called them up though; they said it's made in China. Although the measurements are spot on and it's what I was looking for, I can't justify spending ~$400 on a jacket made in China.

[​IMG]

17. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

[​IMG] What's the consensus on these Clae shoes? I think they would work well with jeans (particularly dark), but not really short about pairing them with shorts. I can't afford them if they aren't versatile [​IMG]

18. coco2010

coco2010 Senior member

[​IMG]

What's the consensus on these Clae shoes? I think they would work well with jeans (particularly dark), but not really short about pairing them with shorts. I can't afford them if they aren't versatile [​IMG]

would not buy/10

19. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

yeah no on claes ... much better alternatives for the price

20. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

yeah no on claes ... much better alternatives for the price

such as? Really just need casual shoes for jeans or shorts paired with button down or polo, just a conservative look.