1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Distinguished Member

fedora and flat cap are the only ones I can think of. I am not a hat person. you be better off asking MC. Hats aren't the easiest accessories to pull off IMO

2. DeliciousFruits

DeliciousFruits Active Member

Hey Prada, thanks a lot. I have one more question, are all American Apparel shirts on the longish side? Are Alternative Apparel shirts cut shorter?

3. Prada_Ferragamo

I don't know about alternative apparel. but no the American Apparel. Normal

4. noob in 89

noob in 89 Distinguished Member

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Are there any decent-fitting T-shirts for athletic builds on Amazon.com?
    I'm about your height (5'9) and have had a lot of luck with these types of Perry Ellis shirts. They accentuate the shoulders and look slim in the waist without strangling you or exacerbating whatever tiny-size love handles you might have down there. (I assume by 'athletic', you mean mesomorphic and somewhat muscular, not heroin-thin -- in which case those ultra-fitted tees might be for you. Damnit.). Anywho, the crewneck varieties^^ seem to be perpetually on sale for $10-$20 at Dillards. Compared with similar t-shirts, the mediums are very short on me (just past the waist), making them great undershirts. Amazon carries similar items from time to time.

5. shanks59

shanks59 Senior Member

I'm 5'8" tall and a 37" chest. I want to buy a QUALITY Loopwheel Sweatshirt. I can't decide between a Buzz Rickson (medium) or a STUDIO D ARTISAN in a size M. Any comments / advice would be much appreciated.

6. coco2010

coco2010 Senior Member

Anyone know anything about the Doma leather jackets? Whats the leather like? Theyre currently on sale on Tobi's.

7. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Distinguished Member

I'm 5'8" tall and a 37" chest. I want to buy a QUALITY Loopwheel Sweatshirt. I can't decide between a Buzz Rickson (medium) or a STUDIO D ARTISAN in a size M. Any comments / advice would be much appreciated.

For sweatshirts, I've only had Studio D'Artisan between these two brands, but I can say that the quality is great for that one. It's a relatively heavy sweatshirt, and it fits about a size small (I wear a size L in most American brand sweatshirts and had to go up to an XL on this one).

8. Prada_Ferragamo

[​IMG][​IMG]

The material on the blue shirt looks like it was made in the 50's

9. shanks59

shanks59 Senior Member

For sweatshirts, I've only had Studio D'Artisan between these two brands, but I can say that the quality is great for that one. It's a relatively heavy sweatshirt, and it fits about a size small (I wear a size L in most American brand sweatshirts and had to go up to an XL on this one).

Thanks very much. I'm usually a size S, so I was going to size up. The STUDIO D ARTISAN is more expensive than the Buzz.

10. elevated1

elevated1 Member

I have a question regarding proxying.

There is a certain jacket (belstaff trialmaster) I want that is available overseas. (ie. the UK).
    I was wondering would it be cheaper (or overall better) to purchase online from a retailer directly or getting someone to proxy to the US.

11. Lane

Lane Distinguished Member

Don't like the nipple gating part. The main reason that I like the RO tees besides it's length/raw hem, is its material. Mine are either rayon/silk or cotton/silk, so comfortable. At the same time, 100 for a tee is [​IMG]
    where the fugg are you getting them for $100? I was happy paying $200 loooool

12. Prada_Ferragamo

Not quite 100. But i kopped a few off the corner for 140 a pop last year. That is assuming you are a large in RO

13. Lane

the ones on the corner right now say they are 100% cotton, and it cost 180. That's some shizz...

14. Prada_Ferragamo

This was last year. lol. I remember when gilt had their first RO sale, there were some good deals.

15. Lane

I think I remember that sale, but I was way too late on it.