1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

Did Diabro go under / offline?

2. Villalobos

Villalobos Well-Known Member

Do Silent pants fit tts?

3. flyguy7

flyguy7 Senior member

What brands should I be looking at for slim fitting trousers? Not epaulet.

4. SupeMassivePowerTrip

SupeMassivePowerTrip Well-Known Member

5. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

Do Silent pants fit tts?
    as in jeans? if so, yes. they measure 15'' on a size 30. buy, you will enjoy them[​IMG]

What brands should I be looking at for slim fitting trousers? Not epaulet.

dat jil

6. sofaking9000

sofaking9000 Well-Known Member

I was under the impression that street wear meant clothing similar to what is usually seen on Karma Loop/Hype Beast. The only reason I say this is because it's summer and I need to buy some t-shirts. I went to karma loop and all i see is "LOOK AT ME I'M AN ATTENTION WHORE URBAN YOUTH FAGGOT" or "LOOK AT ME, I'm COOL I HAVE BOOBS ON MY T-SHIRT, I pretend no one cares about my shirt but I wear it on purpose so everyone stares at me and I just go by without a care but in reality I do care, infact EVERY SECOND!".

So seriously, do you guys wear this crap with these obnoxious diamonds and script ysl logos and boobs and gangsta rap lyrics or do you guys just rock basic plain tees?

If you guys wanna share some sites where I can get some cool tees, please rec em [​IMG]

7. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

US customers ordering from a UK company - customs

When a US customer orders apparel from a UK-based company do you usually need to pay a customs duty on the package?

Does it even normally get stopped by customs?

If the package is subject to a duty, do you need to go somewhere to pick up the package and/or pay duty?

Possibly important/useless details:
    The package in question (1 item, clothing, made in UK) was sent via Royal Mail - International about 7 days ago.
    Royal Mail says the package was "passed to the overseas postal service for delivery" (which, I'm assuming, means the package will eventually be delivered via USPS).
    US Postal Service seems to acknowledge the package's existence, sort of: "We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece." (sounds like it's denying it actually has the package).

8. Doot

Doot Active Member

I doubt anybody will know, but I'll post this here anyways: [​IMG] What brand and model of watch is that up top?

9. 1up

1up Senior member

is this jacket too big for me? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. drum

drum Senior member

When a US customer orders apparel from a UK-based company do you usually need to pay a customs duty on the package?

Royal Mail says the package was "passed to the overseas postal service for delivery"

Depends on the value and whether or not it gets caught by customs. The daily volumes are so large that a part slips through unchecked, so you might get lucky. It usually takes a minimum of 1.5 weeks for something to arrive from the UK, so the tracking info just means it's left the UK but it hasn't arrived/been processed in the US yet.

11. sofaking9000

sofaking9000 Well-Known Member

is this jacket too big for me?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

oh yeah definitely, it makes you look fatter in the stomach and those jeans give you a pear shaped outline [​IMG]

12. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

Depends on the value and whether or not it gets caught by customs. The daily volumes are so large that a part slips through unchecked, so you might get lucky. It usually takes a minimum of 1.5 weeks for something to arrive from the UK, so the tracking info just means it's left the UK but it hasn't arrived/been processed in the US yet.
    Thanks. Suppose the clothing's value is just shy of US$200 and it does get stopped by customs. Is it always subject duty? How much? How do you pay - do you go to a local custom's office to pay & pick up your package?

13. jslade

jslade Senior member

A lot of the Roden Grey models are wearing this pair of jeans in quite a few fit pics. I took a quick glance through the Roden Grey site, but couldn't find the jeans anywhere. Does anybody know what brand/model these jawnz are? [​IMG]

14. Knisse

Knisse Senior member

I am pretty sure that Roden Gray would be ready to help you if you message them, they are in my experiences very service minded.

15. 1up

1up Senior member

oh yeah definitely, it makes you look fatter in the stomach and those jeans give you a pear shaped outline [​IMG]

damn. is it possible to tailor a jacket with a zipper for length, and also have it taken in? Worth my money? The jacket was only $150.

16. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

Thanks. Suppose the clothing's value is just shy of US$200 and it does get stopped by customs. Is it always subject duty? How much? How do you pay - do you go to a local custom's office to pay & pick up your package?
    For textiles, if the package is valued at less than $200 on the customs form, you won't get charged customs fees unless you've imported over a certain value ($600, IIRC) in clothing this year. If you are charged customs fees, most likely the delivery carrier will send you a bill for the fees a couple of weeks after they deliver the package to you. For textiles the customs fees typically are in the 10-16% range.

17. flyguy7

flyguy7 Senior member

damn. is it possible to tailor a jacket with a zipper for length, and also have it taken in? Worth my money? The jacket was only $150.

...No there is no problem with the length of the jacket, in fact I'd say the length is nearly perfect. It's simply not very slim fitting. From what I can tell it's a nice buy at 150 though, so it might be worth having your tailor give it more of a V shape if you have a good one.

18. 1up

1up Senior member

...No there is no problem with the length of the jacket, in fact I'd say the length is nearly perfect. It's simply not very slim fitting. From what I can tell it's a nice buy at 150 though, so it might be worth having your tailor give it more of a V shape if you have a good one.

Cool. Thanks man. I just actually noticed there are draw strings on the inside, I can tighten it but then it accentuates my weird small waist to big hip ratio. I'll have to find a tailor to take it in, and maybe adjust the length 1 inch, just moved to this city though, so I'll have to find a good tailor.

In regards to the jeans, yeah they're really tight, but I'm hoping they stretch (nudie slim jim black wax), but I don't think this material will stretch much? I'm in the process of losing a few pounds anyways, so maybe it's motivation....even though I'm probably only 12-13% Bodyfat, my legs/hips store all the fat first [​IMG]

19. jslade

jslade Senior member

I am pretty sure that Roden Gray would be ready to help you if you message them, they are in my experiences very service minded.
    Yeah, I sent them a message. They're nonnative, in case anybody was interested. In the $600 price range bracket.

20. ireillytoole

ireillytoole Active Member

So what's the forum consensus on the policy when the post office has genuinely lost a package? Bought quite an expensive item with tracking and signature confirmation. Online tracking on wednesday confirms left facility, thursday that is en route, friday received at local facility, saturday update, basically to paraphrase:"Yea, don't know where it is" (said cannot confirm location). I went to the post office to have them turn the PO upside down, and also talked to like 5 people on the phone, they basically gave me a shrug and said to try again Monday...maybe it'll show up.

So, what's usually the deal, SOL for me, the buyer. SOL for the seller? Split evenly? This is a case I really believe we got f'ed and is neither our faults