Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

I say return and get the medium. The material will stretch out in time. Getting it tailored is not worth it.

2. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

IH loggers in brown duck, also coming out with heavyweight chinos soon but idk if its in that exact shade. the duck is though.

Thanks for the recommendation, those look awesome but maybe a little TOO heavy duty. Any more info on the chinos?

3. rolling green

rolling green Senior member

where can I buy visvim online in the US. Looking for this hat: [​IMG]

4. kojnglsmith

kojnglsmith Active Member

The stitching on the hem of my New Standards seems to be coming undone (see pics). In the section that's having problems there's one thread keeping everything stitched together..looks like that could go before long. I'd attribute this to normal wear but I've only worn the jeans for 4 days since buying them last week. So is this defective or just inevitable wear?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. transient

transient Senior member

I bought this belt when I was even less informed, but I like it. It was a few sizes too large so I went to a cobbler and had them put in another two holes (don't know if this was the first mistake). Obviously the flap is too large now and I'm thinking of cutting the last two holes. I don't think that shortening it on the buckle side is doable for me because a smaller pieces goes through the buckle then stitched into the long piece. What can I do? Should I mark out the same type of end just above the first two holes then take a utility knife to it? If I don't fuck up it'll still look freshly cut so maybe I can use sand paper to smooth out and wear down the leather a bit. Thank ye. [​IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us

6. MS007

MS007 Senior member

Does the Achilles Vintage sole have the same length and width measurements as the classical one? I read it fits slimmer somewhere. Does anyone own both and can compare? [​IMG]

7. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

I bought this belt when I was even less informed, but I like it. It was a few sizes too large so I went to a cobbler and had them put in another two holes (don't know if this was the first mistake). Obviously the flap is too large now and I'm thinking of cutting the last two holes. I don't think that shortening it on the buckle side is doable for me because a smaller pieces goes through the buckle then stitched into the long piece. What can I do? Should I mark out the same type of end just above the first two holes then take a utility knife to it? If I don't fuck up it'll still look freshly cut so maybe I can use sand paper to smooth out and wear down the leather a bit. Thank ye.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The method which you suggested is certainly doable - just make sure you have a good workspace and a sharp cutting tool.

Once the cutting is done, you can apply a gum compound to the freshly cut edges, then proceed to 'burnish' the edges - you could use a professional burnishing tool, sandstone, etc to accomplish the burnish. I would not recommend sandpaper - difficult to work with.

If I were you though, I would consider getting a new belt, since you will still have buckle holes right near the edge of the tip - it will look a little weird.

8. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

In need of a leather bracelet: Single or dual strand?: [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Mauroman

Mauroman New Member

Hi everyone,

As you can see i'm pretty new to the site. How can I go about a purchase from one of the FS post.

I usually purchase off ebay with a paypal account.

Thank you

10. Prada_Ferragamo

pm the seller

11. rsharp00

rsharp00 Member

I'm a noob and, therefore, don't know much about anything. I did, however, just purchase my first pair of Trickers. They're derbys. My question is this: I want eyelets for them but don't know the first thing about eyelets. How should I go about figuring out which eyelets to get for my shoes? I just want brown ones, but I don't know what size, etc... Can anyone help me? Thank you in advance.

Ryan

12. transient

transient Senior member

mikecch, thanks for the advice, I'll go for it. If it ends up in trash at least I'll learn from it. Won't look right with holes near the end but might get away with it until I get a replacement, especially if layering tops.

pseudonym - personally I prefer thinner strands when going for dual or more strands.

13. ltb

ltb Senior member

In need of a leather bracelet: Single or dual strand?:

i have the dual. happy i chose it over the single.

14. coco2010

coco2010 Senior member

http://menssweaters.guidestobuy.com/...v-neck-sweater Is this how this particular v neck suppose to fit? Not too small? Not sure whether I should return it or size up one. It fits me just like it does the model in the photo. will it stretch out at all after a few wears?

15. Prada_Ferragamo

^^RL tends to style their models on the smaller side. If the sweater fits you the way it does in that picture, return it and size up. Does not look good IRL