Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. transient

transient Senior member

I think I see what you mean, seems like if the jeans are sufficiently slim and straight that they just kinda stack above the shoe it would look best IMO. I'm having a similar problem with high tops in general, feel like I want more of the shoe to be shown off without tucking. You could prolly rock those with some shorts though :]

2. cowsareforeating

cowsareforeating Senior member

Thanks. Idk why I didn't just think that in the first place lol. Only pulled over boot and tucked in.. imaretard

3. Catalyst

Catalyst Well-Known Member

4. Capita

Capita Member

Hi guys I am looking for a nice winter hat (beanie?) and gloves as well as a scarf to get this winter.

I have never really worn anything nice in these departments before but I've recently been updating my wardrobe and need something nicer but am not sure where to go. if it helps i usually wear the j. crew peacoat in navy in cold weather.

5. cowsareforeating

Invarellan for beanie scarf stuff. What type of gloves u looking for?

6. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

Can someone id these or recommend a pair of similar pants? I think they're either ducks or a heavy twill but I'm not certain. [​IMG]
    Anyone? Anything similar? So far I've found Carhartt Ropers but don't want the cinch back. Also B11's but could do without the functional tool loop and extra pockets.

7. cowsareforeating

IH loggers in brown duck, also coming out with heavyweight chinos soon but idk if its in that exact shade. the duck is though.

8. thisnewpuritan

thisnewpuritan Member

i recently bought some margiela trousers and would appreciate some help to find out if they are authentic. attached are pics of the tag -- i just haven't seen these margiela tags before so any information would be appreciated. thanks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Capita

Capita Member

Invarellan for beanie scarf stuff. What type of gloves u looking for?

For gloves i am looking for simple wool/knit. I'm not trying to spend too much money on gloves.

And thanks for the invarellan link, amazing looking stuff, a bit out of my price range at the moment though.

10. cowsareforeating

Alright. Well I just picked up a pair of gloves from Banana for 15$ due to sales. They're nothing super special, but they are knit, wool, and fingerless (what i wanted).

IMO if you have slim hands like me, dont be afraid to go look in the womens sections too for knite gloves at shops like jcrew and banana. shouldnt cost more than 15 dollars really.

For beanies and scarves... if you have a canada proxy you could probably get a similar styled beanie as invarellan from canadagoose (all the pretty colors are in canada) and for scarves i think you'll just have to shop around SF or holiday sales. Most mall brand scarves are pretty cheap around right now, and higher brand scarves you can pick up from SF!

11. Psydelik

Psydelik Senior member

I have a pair of black west point/weapon till W+H chinos and am just wondering how I should go about washing them without having them fade. Stupid question, I know, but I want to be sure as I don't want to drop another 200 bucks on chinos if I ruin them.

12. cowsareforeating

dry clean if you want, but just cold wash gentle cycle with light or dark-sensitive detergent (i use woolite dark) and then hang dry (OUT OF THE SUN!)

uv rays kill color.

13. Psydelik

Psydelik Senior member

dry clean if you want, but just cold wash gentle cycle with light or dark-sensitive detergent (i use woolite dark) and then hang dry (OUT OF THE SUN!)

uv rays kill color.

Thanks for the reply man!

14. A.Rhyming.Ape

A.Rhyming.Ape Member

15. Chace

Chace Active Member

I bought a Wings and Horns pullover on sale in large because the medium size was tight around the chest. The large fits well - the length is fine - but tends to bunch quite a bit in the lower midsection due to an excess of material. What are the odds of having it tailored so that it fits better near the bottom - is it even possible or worth it? Thanks
    [​IMG]