1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

oh sorry. to be clear i'm going for the world cup where it will be around 30-60 F in the winter
    In that case, fuck you [​IMG]

2. eddiecibrian

eddiecibrian Senior member

ive been looking for some nice going out clothing, long sleeve button down shirts, i prefer black or white striped ones, can someone recommend me good brands, the collar is very important to me, i think i like the bigger collars, what do you guys think?

also i recently visited NYC and realized a lot of people are wearing pumas with jeans, my daily wear is usually something with jeans, but i think the pumas look ridiculous to be honest, can someone recommend me fashion tips for shoes, im looking for something comfortable that can be worn with jeans and maybe a polo or not too dressy long sleeve button shirt.......

3. MarketOpportunity

MarketOpportunity Member

Anybody know how to increase snow/ice traction with cork soles? Almost like siping them? I find them so hard and smoothe that I slip around a lot where there is concrete and snow.

4. trafficjam

trafficjam Senior member

What's the word on ironing OCBDs? I think they lose something when they have a strong crease on the sleeve, an immaculate collar and aren't a little rumpled. At that point, just get a nicer shirt, right? I'm usually wrong about this kind of thing, though, so I turn to you guys.

5. max_r

max_r Senior member

i dont iron any of my shirts anymore, except for dress shirts, but i dont have to dress dressy often.

usually i just hang dry, and try to hang them straight so they dont look too rumpled when they dry.

6. kevinbrownshakedown

kevinbrownshakedown Well-Known Member

I prefer the unironed look as well.

7. Andysrus

Andysrus Active Member

does anyone know where to get (online and in the US) this french connection henley? maybe i'm missing it, but i looked and couldnt seem to come up with it. thanks

[​IMG]

8. Reginald Bartholomew

Reginald Bartholomew Senior member

Recommendations for an M65-styled jacket, slim fitting, water repellent, up to $300? Something a little more flattering than Alpha or Propper.

9. Roger Mellie

Roger Mellie Well-Known Member

Three questions. If a boot like this was worn with bootcut jeans would you be able to get away with wearing a casual top like a hoodie while wearing these boots? The ones I am thinking of buying are not so shiny in colour.

Can you wear these boots with tighter fitting jeans like the Nudie average Joe?

Also, which colour is more versatile with regards to wearing these boots with more casual tops, Brown or black. I can't imagine wearing brown boots with a royal blue sweater for example, but I could imagine wearing black boots with such colours. I don't trust my own colour coordination though.

[​IMG]

10. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

The only use for those boots would be for burning

11. Hollowthorn

Hollowthorn Senior member

I need recommendations on a vest similar to the Filson Mackinaw Vest in terms of not having a silk/satin back lining....however I would like more of the traditional shape of a 3-piece suit vest and not the square bottom on the Filson. Preferable the suggestion is cheaper than the Filson vest, or you could just direct me to a cheap filson vest (grey).

Suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Anyone?

12. Roger Mellie

The only use for those boots would be for burning

That was just a generic photo from Google of the shape of the boots I want to buy.

13. Schpacko

Schpacko Senior member

Any ideas where (or if) i can get a pair of APC New Standards with an extra long inseam (35" or 36")?

Thanks

14. Acerola

Acerola Member

Can someone guess what kind of jacket the dude that comes through the door first is wearing, the leather one. I absolutely love it

15. Bakes

Bakes Senior member

16. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

That was just a generic photo from Google of the shape of the boots I want to buy.
    It's a Chelsea boot, nearly every shoemaking company has a model. It's generally a sleeker boot (the picture you posted is certainly not sleek.... and please stay far away from square toe) so some models are too dressy for most casual fits. Brown is pretty versatile unless you tend to wear a lot of black things as well, which can throw it off (as a general rule, all leather items worn together should be of the same general color)

17. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

Nvm, found it in the old thread. Delete preez.

18. Roger Mellie

It's a Chelsea boot, nearly every shoemaking company has a model. It's generally a sleeker boot (the picture you posted is certainly not sleek.... and please stay far away from square toe) so some models are too dressy for most casual fits. Brown is pretty versatile unless you tend to wear a lot of black things as well, which can throw it off (as a general rule, all leather items worn together should be of the same general color)

Thanks.

19. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

Question about Helmut Lang denim:

Is some helmut lang made in Italy, some in USA?

If so, is there a difference in quality?

Thx

20. GloryField

GloryField Active Member

Also posted this in the "recommend x" thread.

I just received the aldo chukkas today, and picked up a pair of levi's 514 slim straight, size 33-34, in a very dark indigo color. It might be raw/dry, I'm not sure, there was a tag that said to not wash if I want the color to remain "dark and clean" and that the dye used may transfer.

http://img717.imageshack.us/g/levis51433342.jpg/

Keep the shoes? Keep the jeans? I can still return them and get diff color/style.

What do you guys think of the fit/combo of the jeans and shoes? Is the inseam too long? Without wearing shoes the hem trails on the carpet which is a little annoying. I will most likely be wearing polos, dress shirts, or plain colored tshirts on top, and won't be tucking my clothes in.