1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. oxx

oxx Member

Getting shoes stretched: worthwhile?

I'm between sizes and got a pair of leather shoes in the smaller of my two sizes -- they felt fine at first, but after wearing them for a whole day they're definitely a bit too snug. I'd like to get them stretched about a half-size larger. Does anyone have experience with this? Is it worth it? They're very nice shoes (MMM); while I could probably get back what I paid for them on B&S I doubt I'd find another pair in the right size.

If it's worth getting them stretched, is it worth bringing to a shoe repair place or just get some shoe stretchers and do it myself?

2. Berzerk91

Berzerk91 Well-Known Member

3. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Senior member

Thx for your answer. I visited the Acne Homepage and found one pice which is similar to the one on the photo. But its only available in grey or black. I'd like to have it in red/blue or white. Do you by any chance know a few more brands who offer that kind of hoodies?
    I don't really know of any other brands, but I'm sure they're out there somewhere. FWIW, the one I got from Acne is blue, and the colors that they off change from season-to-season from what I recall. I really don't recommend getting a hoodie that zips all the way to the top. It's just asking for zipper burn along your neck.
    Hi! Just received a pair of Lanvin High-tops that i bought of Ebay. I was wondering, arent those supposed to have "Lanvin" of the back of the sole(on the bottom of the shoe)? I am just making sure that i have not received fakes
    Both of the pairs I have say Lanvin on the bottom and they say Lanvin on the insole.

4. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

cheap, high quality alternative to ray ban clubmasters

i know them shits aint worth $100

5. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

Hi!

Just received a pair of Lanvin High-tops that i bought of Ebay. I was wondering, arent those supposed to have "Lanvin" of the back of the sole(on the bottom of the shoe)?

I am just making sure that i have not received fakes

These are the lanvins i sold a couple days ago. as you can see they have 'lanivn' on the bottom of the sole. and i got them from bergdorf. do the words look the same as the ones on yours?

[​IMG]

6. Knisse

Knisse Senior member

7. tunnelrat

tunnelrat Well-Known Member

Do you know about any sales or any good 2nd hand pieces of this Belstaff? It's really amazing, however, the price's a bit too much for me. (Any tips on good knock-offs would also be appreciated.)

This
    does not look bad, however, I'm doubtful about the quality.

8. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

What's the deal with J Crew Factory? How is the quality and fit? I see a shirt on there that looks like it's an exact shirt from last year? Do they use leftover fabric or clear out old stock on there?

9. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Any experience with Folk outerwear sizing - from the size chart I'm on the border between a 4 (L) and 5 (XL) but I know how misleading size charts can be...

10. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

11. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

anyone know where I can find long-sleeve v-neck thermal undershirts in small sizes?

Bueller?

12. Knisse

Knisse Senior member

13. Lupo

Lupo Well-Known Member

Bueller?
    nice job repying to your own post....wvg thermals are amazing...

14. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

nice job repying to your own post....wvg thermals are amazing...

Uh, yeah. That was the idea.

And WVG thermals don't come in a v-neck. I need something I can wear under a collared shirt and have it not show.

15. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Can anyone tell me why Grenson is so cheap compared to its contemporaries? Never handled them in person so I'm curious.

16. SnarlPatrick

SnarlPatrick Senior member

I found a pair of pants today. No labels at all. But this telltale belt pin loop at the front. Are they definately incotex? Or do other makers include this feature?

[​IMG]

17. Funksy

Funksy Senior member

Is there an online retailer with a decent stock of CP's for sale? I'm not necessarily worried about price or getting a deal, more just finding them in my size. Thanks

18. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Can anyone tell me why Grenson is so cheap compared to its contemporaries? Never handled them in person so I'm curious.

Pretty much all Grenson below the Rose line is made in India rather than England, with appropriate reduction in costs. That's not to say they're badly made or poor quality but the finishing and leather quality doesn't tend to be as good as Tricker's for example which are made in the UK with higher labour costs.

19. drum

drum Senior member

^^ try SSense, Tres Bien or Revolve

20. meanpeoplesuck

meanpeoplesuck Well-Known Member

With regards to Levis 511:

On eBay, there are some 511 "Slim" (usually UK sellers) and 511 "Skinny" (usually USA sellers). Can anybody confirm if these Slim and Skinny fits are the same just with a different name? Or is there a difference?

Also, if the 30x30 jeans fit me well, should I be sizing down to allow them to stretch? Some of the 511's have elastane and some don't, so I'm not sure what the general rule of thumb is...

Many thanks!