Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. soma89

soma89 Member

RAW JEAN QUESTIONS

1) Getting them hemmed....I want to get my jeans hemmed but I want them long enough to still cuff them up. Do I go for a standard hem or european?

2) Will soaking jeans make the shininess and character of the raw denim lessen a bit?

**** I also want to say that I'm new to this forum, and despite having the most respect for the rules of this place, I think this whole "Making a thread is blasphemy unless the world is about to end" idea is kinda dumb.

2. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

RAW JEAN QUESTIONS

1) Getting them hemmed....I want to get my jeans hemmed but I want them long enough to still cuff them up. Do I go for a standard hem or european?

2) Will soaking jeans make the shininess and character of the raw denim lessen a bit?

**** I also want to say that I'm new to this forum, and despite having the most respect for the rules of this place, I think this whole "Making a thread is blasphemy unless the world is about to end" idea is kinda dumb.

1. What do you mean by standard vs. European hems? I'm not familiar with those terms.

2. Soaking raw denim that has a sheen will indeed lessen or completely remove the sheen, depending on the denim.

If you have "the most respect" for the rules, then don't criticize them. That rule is not unique to SF, it's pretty standard for major fashion forums.

3. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

For those that have ordered off of Yoox, have you ever gotten a payment verification email in which it asked for a coloured scan or picture of the front and back of your credit card? If so did you just attach the file and reply to the email? How long after did it take them to verify and send the order out? I'm just wondering if I did everything right because I received the email Monday(12:46am PST). I attached the photos and replied to the email directly since it said "To process your order we kindly ask you to reply to this e-mail..." It's been 2 days now and still no update on the status of my order. (FYI it was a large order and I used a different CC from the other times I've ordered from them so I thought it might have just been a precautionary measure on their part.)
    I'd give them a call, that sounds mad sketchy

4. KingNC

KingNC Well-Known Member

I'd give them a call, that sounds mad sketchy
    Thanks for the advice. I just finished talking to the customer service rep and she said that it was normal procedure for larger orders when I asked. I sent the file 2 days ago with 2 pics with the numbers covered as suggested, but they had to be under 4MB (the one I sent was 5.5MB). She told me to reply to the emails again and send the photo separately... Kinda weird, but I covered up the numbers and stuff so hopefully it'll be fine? [​IMG]

5. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

How does the sizing work on the W+H terry blazers?

6. BarrelMaker

BarrelMaker Senior member

7. Necrobomb

Necrobomb New Member

Posted this in a different thread:

So im looking for some nice casual boots. Preferably under $100. Im just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a make/model that would be a good buy.

8. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Posted this in a different thread:

So im looking for some nice casual boots. Preferably under $100. Im just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a make/model that would be a good buy.

"Nice" and "boots" are somewhat at odds with each other at under $100. Find some kinda ebay/b&s super sale because under $100... eh...

9. dsoren

dsoren Senior member

Chinos + navy v-neck sweater + navy blazer = too much navy?

10. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

I'm wondering what would go good under a navy v-neck sweater I have with arygle pattern which has a bit of red in it.

What color button down should I layer the sweater with?

11. Doot

Doot Active Member

Anyone here learned in the area of Life After Denim pants or sweaters? They have a nice looking pair of chinos, and I'm leaning towards going true to size, but I'm just wondering if there's any concrete info on this subject, seeing as Google left me nothing. Same goes for their sweaters.

Actually, any info on Life After Denim sizing would be appreciated.

12. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

"Nice" and "boots" are somewhat at odds with each other at under $100.

Find some kinda ebay/b&s super sale because under $100... eh...

I agree with whodini, however you can perhaps try the banana republic boots. Those are not that expensive and are somewhat similar to the CP boots. However I doubt they will age as well, or last you a long time.

13. airblaster503

airblaster503 Senior member

How does sizing on n.d.c. boots run??

14. einfallsloserName123

einfallsloserName123 Well-Known Member

Hello!

I'm new to the styleforum and quite a noob when it comes to proper clothes and I would like to know:
    A white t-shirt + a dark blue v-neck + a dark grey peacoat + a red scarf + grey wool gloves + a blue raw jeans or a black jeans + light brown boots, does that sound OK to you people?
    Or would that be too many colors and should I better take a brown/grey/black v-neck (or whatever) instead of the blue one?

When this gets accepted by the styleforum people I will probably buy the things I still need for that (the scarf (better light or dark red?), the boots (I need new ones anyway) and I also need new raw jeans), as I quite like the styles posted in the WAYWT-Thread and similar ones and will post it in the WAYWT-Thread.

Thanks in advance!

15. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

sounds fine and generic enough but had to give you a definitive answers without seeing a pic and the difference in hues of all the colors you mentioned. but everyhting sounds simple and generic so should be ok