Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Vecna

Vecna Senior member

Assuming you are wearing a dress shirt untucked... how long should it be in inches below the waist? Of course its suppose to be tucked in but if not untucked... how many inches? I heard 7' was good. The reason why i ask this is because i wore a dress shirt and i thought it was way too big because it was too long below my waist. The fitting was fine but it was just so long from top to bottom.
    Depending on the shirt, this is pretty flexible. It can range from a few inches below the belt, to just above where the crotch ends and the pant leg begins. I think that it starts looking sloppy if it goes past the crotch. With untucked shirts be careful to make sure that the shirt is slim enough that it doesn't seem drapey. Also make sure that it's long enough on the sides such that you can move naturally without displaying an undershirt. You can get away with a shirt that's a little longer if you're wearing a sweater. Google untucked shirts and just go with the look that you like.

2. farraj18

farraj18 Senior member

This has probably been asked, but what is a good place to find marbled wool socks? Preferably as low a price as possible.

3. max_r

max_r Senior member

I think that it starts looking sloppy if it goes past the crotch.

i agree with this, any longer and people look like they just forgot to tuck in their shirt.

though MC will tell you never to wear a shirt untucked.

4. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

5. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

i agree with this, any longer and people look like they just forgot to tuck in their shirt. though MC will tell you never to wear a shirt untucked.
    If the shirt is not really fitted, I won't wear it untucked. Looks really sloppy. Unless you are doing a Ann. D or Yohji look.

6. SeanathonHuff

SeanathonHuff Senior member

I like the fact that the jeans from this recent collab don't glisten like most raw denim. Are there any other straight leg [NOT slim straight] raw denim jeans that achieve this aesthetic? Preferably cheaper [​IMG] [​IMG] Thanks in advance.

7. shanks59

shanks59 Senior member

I'm after a smart hooded sweatshirt (no zip), any ideas gratefully accepted.
    Â

8. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

I like the fact that the jeans from this recent collab don't glisten like most raw denim. Are there any other straight leg [NOT slim straight] raw denim jeans that achieve this aesthetic? Preferably cheaper [​IMG]
    You do realize that this is just starch and that jeans tend to lose their sheen after wear or a soak?

9. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

I'm after a smart hooded sweatshirt (no zip), any ideas gratefully accepted.
    Â

define "smart"

10. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

I was wondering about last 7. I own 5th avenues and park avenues (Size 8.5 e) and was thinking of getting the AE Macneil in size 9. Will these work since they seem to be a bit wider?

11. SeanathonHuff

SeanathonHuff Senior member

You do realize that this is just starch and that jeans tend to lose their sheen after wear or a soak?
    Yes sir, but I'd like the non-starched look during the initial 6 months before washing. I understand that I'm essentially asking about recommended non-starched straight leg denim brands. thanks

12. MelonSnapple

MelonSnapple Active Member

Hey guys just wondering if a black belt would be suitable with grey boots?

13. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

^yes def fine. have you tried it? the answer is self explanatory

14. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

I like the fact that the jeans from this recent collab don't glisten like most raw denim. Are there any other straight leg [NOT slim straight] raw denim jeans that achieve this aesthetic? Preferably cheaper [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance.

Most brands of high end Japanese denim do not have a sheen prior to soaking or washing. However, it's all pretty expensive stuff. It's mainly lower-cost raw denim that does have that sheen. I think it depends on how the denim is woven and finished as well, it's just not starch.

15. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

Yes sir, but I'd like the non-starched look during the initial 6 months before washing. I understand that I'm essentially asking about recommended non-starched straight leg denim brands. thanks

With shrink-to-fit denim like that Dry Bones collab, you're going to want to at least soak it prior to extended wearing. Otherwise, your fades will move when your jeans shrink at the first washing.

I don't know of any raw denim jeans that are non-starched. Like I mentioned in the previous post, whether that sheen is there or not depends on more than just the presence of starch. I can guarantee you that those Dry Bones collabs you put the picture up of are starched.