• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earn a commission for the forum and allow us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

PhoenixDown

Reaction score
So far on revamping my wardrobe (from what used to be practially nothing): Basic shirts: AA triblend x2 AA longsleeved thermal x2 J-Crew jaspe tee x1 Basic Jeans: Levi 514 dark wash Footwear: I'm looking to get a pair of Clarks DBs, but are they okay as winter footwear? I don't mind if my feet are cold but I don't want to ruin them. I'll be walking quite a bit to and from classes, parties etc... Other things I suppose I need would be a couple of well fitting v-necks, cardigan (if you asked me what that was a week ago I'd have no idea), sweater, and button ups/pants/ties. I know that's a lot but any recommendations in those categories? Saving money would be nice but I'm not afraid to do what's necessary here. Perhaps in the near future I'll look into getting high quality denim, and jackets better than the ones I've had since highschool -- but maybe this isn't all necessary for just a college student? I'm very pleased with this forum though and the advice has been very helpful so far. Anymore would be greatly appreciated.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PhoenixDown
So far on revamping my wardrobe (from what used to be practially nothing): Basic shirts: AA triblend x2 AA longsleeved thermal x2 J-Crew jaspe tee x1 Basic Jeans: Levi 514 dark wash Footwear: I'm looking to get a pair of Clarks DBs, but are they okay as winter footwear? I don't mind if my feet are cold but I don't want to ruin them. I'll be walking quite a bit to and from classes, parties etc... Other things I suppose I need would be a couple of well fitting v-necks, cardigan (if you asked me what that was a week ago I'd have no idea), sweater, and button ups/pants/ties. I know that's a lot but any recommendations in those categories? Saving money would be nice but I'm not afraid to do what's necessary here. Perhaps in the near future I'll look into getting high quality denim, and jackets better than the ones I've had since highschool -- but maybe this isn't all necessary for just a college student? I'm very pleased with this forum though and the advice has been very helpful so far. Anymore would be greatly appreciated.
For denim you can just go with a pair of Naked and Famous raw jeans (check affiliate links such as Four Horsemen, Revolve, Blue Owl etc.) which you can basically wear everyday. So a cost of $150 or so will be well worth it there. I recommend you adding that with your Levis which could be used as beater jeans, if you are willing to spend the money. Check J Crew for v-neck sweaters, cardigans and other knits. Focus on merino wool, lambswool, cashmere blend etc. If you're from Phoenix then Clarks DB will be satisfactory. Congrats on revamping your wardrobe, its fun so enjoy the ride.

BRMC_doves

Reaction score
I need to find this BoO shirt which was released this fall. Does anyone know of any shops still carrying this? Maybe someone has one in a S or M and would consider selling? Please PM me.

Lipton

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
That just sounds like a bad idea

Please explain why this would be a bad idea? Too much hipster?

I am looking for something like this, but instead of iphone case im looking for a ordinary cardcase:

Exigence

Reaction score
What affordable peacoat would you recommend to a senior in high school? What are some essentials I should definitely have in my wardrobe?

genericman

Reaction score
for those who went to the +j store

do the +j wool slim tuxedo jacket and wool pants match?

navy

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^Is that a serious question?

and to the guy who asked, desert boots are miserable in the snow. Additionally, they have no traction so all of your would-be rape victims can easily outrun you.

Senior in high school: buy a peacoat at your local army surplus store. Size down a bunch. Wear white tshirts and 511's every day. Don't wear sambas. Wear boots.

Harrington

Reaction score
Crossposting from the brogue thread - anyone?
Originally Posted by Harrington
Anybody have first hand experience with the sizing on the Grenson Freds? I tried out the size 7 UK boots in person, and they seemed fairly loose on me. I'm planning on sizing down to a 6.5UK, but that's a full size smaller than I usually wear - 8.5US in dress shoes and Chucks, 9US in most sneakers. Are Grenson boots usually that far off?

thebunk

Reaction score
I am heading to Grand Cayman next weekend are looking for a pair of low cut sneakers to go along with my usual sandal beach wear and I am thinking of getting a pair of John Varvatos Converse white low cuts. The issue is that I heard these run big but are narrow as well. I take a size 10 regular chucks and am interested in these.

I am wondering if somenone can measure the a pair of size 10 JV Converse low cuts with the following or speak to the differences between regular chucks and JV Chucks.

- width in the widest spot
- width in the narrowest spot
- The length of the sneaker

Thanks in advance.

BeingBot

Reaction score
Hi I am trying to order a bathing suit for my trip. I want to order the apolis activism swimsuit the katan one but I am confused about which size is should order. I have 25" thighs will 12.5 across work well or 12 across? I dont know which one to order. I am about 31 waist. Thanks.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone have experience with corcoran combat boots?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What Is The Best Value Shoe Brand For Money?

• Meermin

Votes: 36 15.2%
  • TLB Mallorca

Votes: 40 16.9%
  • Cheaney

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Carmina

Votes: 36 15.2%
  • Crockett & Jones

Votes: 41 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 77 32.5%