Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

so chambray is the fabric but linen is the material? how does it differ from cotton chambray? lighter? will that make the shirt drape differently?
    linen = fabric made from flax chambray = a type of weave Like denim, chambray can be linen but linen doesn't necessarily have to be chambray and vice versa. Linen-chambray, from one would expect from linen, will be a lot lighter and probably better for summer, it will be a lot more prone to wrinkles and whatnot though Edwin denim is unimpressive unless you go high in the line (basically like Evisu except with a higher baseline)

2. toolgirl3784

toolgirl3784 New Member

Just curious if anyone happens to know the brand name of jeans Bret Hart wore on Monday Night Raw last night (2/15/10).

My boyfriend made the comment that they were cool and his birthday is coming up so I thought it would be a nice suprise gift if I got him some like that. I can't seem to find them online anywhere

[​IMG]

3. twylo

twylo Well-Known Member

Just curious if anyone happens to know the brand name of jeans Bret Hart wore on Monday Night Raw last night (2/15/10).

My boyfriend made the comment that they were cool and his birthday is coming up so I thought it would be a nice suprise gift if I got him some like that. I can't seem to find them online anywhere

[​IMG]

Unless someone else seen it, it's going to be near impossible to find out what they were. That's like asking what that tall kid was wearing on 3rd Street this afternoon. Try and find a picture!

4. gwydion

gwydion Senior member

Before I buy a pair of CPs from TresBienShop, I was wondering if anyone gets any ridiculous border taxes after buying from them?

Thanks.

5. zacharydschroeder

zacharydschroeder Senior member

30 in KMW, 32 in LVC, 30 in Nudies, 28 in APC, 30 in 5ep.

Would I wear a 30 in Samurai?

Would I wear a 32 in Sugarcane?

6. bassmanpatsfan18

bassmanpatsfan18 Senior member

Hey guys,
    I just got a pair of Spring Court Nappa leather high tops from Gilt. Spring court doesn't make my size (13, 47 Euro), but they make these in a 46, which is what I bought. I'm more like a 12.5 actually, but very few companies actually make size 12.5. I was told that these leather spring courts run a little big and that they might stretch. The length, actually, seems to be just fine, but my feet feel somewhat compressed on either side toward the end of my foot. Will this area stretch out? They're not unwearable right now, but I would prefer if they were more comfortable.
    Thanks,
    Alex

7. Whiskey

Whiskey Senior member

I was wondering if there are any shirt companies that have a shorter than average length, maybe 26" to 27" back body length for small sizes. So far I have found that flathead makes some "shorter" length shirts. Are there any other companies that do this as well?

8. DECEMBER

DECEMBER Senior member

Did anyone attend Inspiration? http://inspirationla.com/

can't believe I didn't hear about it. Can't find anymore info on it either.

What were highlights? Were there any good giveaways or deals?

9. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

30 in KMW, 32 in LVC, 30 in Nudies, 28 in APC, 30 in 5ep. Would I wear a 30 in Samurai? Would I wear a 32 in Sugarcane?
    Just measure your waist with a tape measure and then research about stretch

10. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

11. Ibrock

Ibrock Senior member

12. Kent Money

Kent Money Senior member

Before I buy a pair of CPs from TresBienShop, I was wondering if anyone gets any ridiculous border taxes after buying from them?

Thanks.

It's weird. Whenver I order from overseas, sometimes I seem to get custom duty fees and sometimes I dont. I have ordered from TresBien and havn't had to deal with custom duties. However, I think the bulkier the package the more likely you'll have fees.

For a pair of shoes, I would say it's like a 50/50 chance that you'll get pegged with $15 to $30 more for duties.

my .02

13. msanfilippo

msanfilippo Senior member

I have some common projects that are a few months old.
    I need some new laces, because the laces broke. I've tried three shoe stores to no avail, any recommendations, i also contacted the manufacturer and did not receive help.
    If there is anyone who knows where to pick up some extra laces, please PM me.

14. gwydion

gwydion Senior member

It's weird. Whenver I order from overseas, sometimes I seem to get custom duty fees and sometimes I dont. I have ordered from TresBien and havn't had to deal with custom duties. However, I think the bulkier the package the more likely you'll have fees. For a pair of shoes, I would say it's like a 50/50 chance that you'll get pegged with $15 to $30 more for duties. my .02
    Okay, I don't mind taking a $15 to $30 hit...I'm just worried that I'll get some ridiculous amount. I've had $60 charged on $130 purchases before so I'm just worried I'll have to tack on $100+ onto the shoes. Thanks Kent.

15. zacharydschroeder

zacharydschroeder Senior member

I know how to measure myself. I was wondering if anyone has experience with shrinking/stretch with these brands that could share some information.