Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

are you serious? That's a jacket? i thought it was just a button up shirt made out of jean material
    Yeah, a b/u denim "shirt" with large patch pockets and a square hem? Seriously?
    How do Crate shirts fit compared to jcrew?
    Slim.

2. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

Hmm, looking to buy a Filson briefcase, can't decide between the original 256 or the computer bag. It's mainly for my laptop, but I'd like to save some money and the 256 looks just as nice to me.

Also, otter green or tan? Love both.

3. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

Can anyone ID this Jacket? And where i could find it? I'll be indebted to the person who can... [​IMG]

4. n00bface

n00bface New Member

I'm looking for a solution for sub-zero temperatures (right now I'm living in Minneapolis, Minnesota.) I don't want to look like the Michelin man, but I also have a long walking commute downtown every day and can't really stick to a lined peacoat when January rolls around.

I have two ideas so far - the first is to wear an NAU down shirt, which I can wear under a longcoat or something. My second and more radical idea is to use something like Under Armour cold-gear as an undershirt. Unfortunately, Under Armour doesn't make any V-neck shirts, so I'm still looking for an alternative. Or maybe a confirmation that my ideas are sound.

Cheers.

5. DutchLuck

DutchLuck New Member

Could someone please ID these jeans
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. KingNC

KingNC Well-Known Member

is there an actual name given for this kind of belt? trying to find one. searching with the keyword "belt" only yields the generic belts. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

is there an actual name given for this kind of belt? trying to find one. searching with the keyword "belt" only yields the generic belts.

[​IMG]

Search "panties".

8. KingNC

KingNC Well-Known Member

^lol or diapers right, but no seriously wondering if there's an actual name associated to such a belt

9. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

is there an actual name given for this kind of belt? trying to find one. searching with the keyword "belt" only yields the generic belts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That looks like a cummerbund for a tuxedo.

10. SeanathonHuff

SeanathonHuff Senior member

Could someone, for the love of God, post a link to a Uniqlo size chart in ENGRISH. [​IMG] Found: http://shop.uniqlo.com/uk/support/size/065199_size.html NEW Q: what size "straight" leg jeans should I order with a 34 inch waist? After accounting for stretch, I'd like a traditional straight leg fit (like Rescues sized down 2). Some items are tagged with numbers, others "M" etc. Both recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

11. KingNC

KingNC Well-Known Member

That looks like a cummerbund for a tuxedo.

thanks [​IMG]

12. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Any ASOS codes out right now?

13. NissenKaare

NissenKaare New Member

I came across a certain scarf in here - a guy named "Ga-vroche" was wearing it. And yes i have tried to PM him, but he does not seem to respond.

Can anyone name this scarf - brand/model name etc.

I would highly appriciate it, as i have been searching for such scarf a long time.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

LL BEAN SIGNATURE RANGER MOC REQUEST: Can somebody with a size 10.5 take outsole measurements (width and length)? It would be much appreciated.

15. Fortysomething

Fortysomething Senior member

Three different companies. Levi's has maintained status the most out of all three but they lost a lot of steam around the early 00's when "boutique" label denim became mainstream and a status symbol. As far as quality, like everything else in the US, once outsourcing became a viable method...

The thing is that both Levi's and Lee still enjoy massive popularity overseas. Lee Europe, like Lee Japan, really have little to do with Lee US as they're marketed as a boutique label complete with their own b&m stores. They keep up with the tradition of the brand and the prices reflect a different brand strategy entirely. Levi's recent attempts at collabs with stores big and small, as well as a stronger presence of the LVC collection, show that they're also trying to change things around as well.

Thanks. I see what you mean about Lee Europe, VF is even doing that with Wrangler Europe, and it is frustrating that they treat the non-U.S. market so differently especially since I like their European approach and collection better. Thanks again for the explanation.