1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. the shah

the shah Senior member

Do John Varvatos shoes fit true to size? (crossposted from MC)

I guess depends on which shoe, in my experience yes, although I got away with downsizing .5

2. sixsails

sixsails Senior member

Where would I find Free & Easy (magazine) other than Context?

3. whereismyshoe

whereismyshoe Senior member

can you cancel a gilt order before it ships?

4. user7

user7 Senior member

can you cancel a gilt order before it ships?

yes.

If the site won't let you, try calling. I think they'll even credit you the shipping and let you return (once or twice..) if it's too late.

5. Jon Cruz

Jon Cruz Member

What is people's experience w/ collar shirts from Martin + Osa? I know they are owned by American Eagle (main reason I am hesitant) but some ppl have given their stuff the OK. I'm just looking at a Broken-In Straight Collar Shirt and some of the shirts they have on sale.

Also, I'd appreciate it if someone can give me an idea of their sizing as they don't mention sizing measurements. I'm 5'7.5 140 and don't know whether their XS or S would fit best. Many thanks.

6. whereismyshoe

whereismyshoe Senior member

yes.

If the site won't let you, try calling. I think they'll even credit you the shipping and let you return (once or twice..) if it's too late.

sent a message via the email system, hope it gets there in time. i'll call them tomorrow morning too.

7. nonissue

nonissue Senior member

xposted from streetwear shoes: I'm in love with quoddy bluchers, but I can't justify 220 + shipping to canada for a pair of bluchers. can anyone recommend another decent blucher for spring/summer? i'm willing to spend up to 130$ if I find something decent. qualities I'm looking for: decent shape, nice leather, brick/light sole. I've found llbean & eastland, but apparently the leather is shit, and with the black soles they just look like old people shoes. eastland: http://www.eastlandshoe.com/CGI-BIN/...52307U+M37+ENG llbean: http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/11575...er-blucher-moc quoddy for sw: http://www.southwillard.com/collecti...-sole-blucher/

8. the shah

the shah Senior member

9. shortbreadluver

shortbreadluver Well-Known Member

Thought I'd try asking again:

Where can I get nice, affordable streetwear boots in size 6?

Anyone?

10. wagthesam

wagthesam Senior member

How is y-3 for sizing? Size up .5 for hemlas?

11. celticgent

celticgent Senior member

Can anyone comment on the Vael Project Brogue boot fit?

Vend. out of my half size, should I go up or down a half size?

12. steezin

steezin Senior member

Does anyone have any experience with this site/make?

http://www.dnagroove.it

Shirts look nice, made in italy, mop buttons etc, reasonable prices aswell.

13. george.white

george.white Member

14. Jay-D

Jay-D Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Men's socks, dressy or at least not athletic.....

I am constantly having problems with finding quality socks. Everytime someone recommends a brand, it is either cheaper in quality, too thick, or bad designs. I have done Paul Smith, Burberry, a couple Japanese cheap brands that I cannot think of the names, Hugo Boss, cheapish Nordstom label, Calvin Klein....not really happy with any of them except the Paul Smith which are not easy to find in Seattle. I want a good brand that is 1) indigo friendly 2) thin (as oppose to think wool) 3) good designs or solids 4) price between $10 - $30 USD. From an affiliate would be ideal. Any recommendations?

15. NeurotRP

NeurotRP Active Member

Currently looking to proxy a few things from Uniqlo in Japan. I know they have the Vintage Chino in the NYC store, but do they have a similar slim cut chino on the Japanese website?

If so could someone point me towards it? Thanks [​IMG]

16. DLester

DLester Senior member

where can I get good brown and cordovan-colored belts, in work and non-work appropriate styles? There is an endless supply of tacky belts but few good ones. I find that the tacky details are just there to distract from the low quality leather.

-- No cheesy gold buckles or faux croc.
    -- Low profile, so it doesn't bulge out like a hernia under a light sweater.
    -- I would prefer to spend less than $200 per belt.

Thanks!!!

DL

17. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

I believe Alden makes (real) cordovan belts for around $200, might be a bit over

18. grouper

grouper Senior member

Where can I get a dark, slim fitting indigo shirt?

19. manofstyle

manofstyle Senior member

What's the difference? Does the parka have a longer body?

20. bananananana

bananananana Senior member

What is people's experience w/ collar shirts from Martin + Osa? I know they are owned by American Eagle (main reason I am hesitant) but some ppl have given their stuff the OK. I'm just looking at a Broken-In Straight Collar Shirt and some of the shirts they have on sale.

Also, I'd appreciate it if someone can give me an idea of their sizing as they don't mention sizing measurements. I'm 5'7.5 140 and don't know whether their XS or S would fit best. Many thanks.

Straight collars will fold all around with no collar roll. They do at least stand up fairly well instead of spreading out.

Get a S. M&O shirts are slimmer than JCrew or BR for reference. I'm 5 10, 160 and wear a M in the 2 shirts I got from there.