Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Does it matter if hangers are wood or plastic for shirts other than wood looks better?

2. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

I'm looking to get my first pair of brown longwing wingtips. Want something that can go with Jeans as well as with a suit for job interviews, etc. Any recommendations for under $250?

Decent quality models sub-250

1) AE MacNeil from LE with 25% code (there's usually one every month) in Dark Brown.
    2) Deadstock made in USA Kenmoors - usually ~100 on ebay.
    3) Cortina Longwings from Ron Rider on ebay - he was selling excess stock for about $200.

I have to think anything from Alden would be tough to source for sub-250, but you might get lucky.

You might also find made in italy Polo longwings for about $150 on ebay/GVH every now and then, but those are getting harder to find. I can't even remember the model name, but they were everywhere 3 or 4 years ago.

3. Green_Pinguin

Green_Pinguin Active Member

Hi

I want investing in a bit more quality basics, but I don`t want buying the "high end brands" [​IMG] that everyone wear in my town (Ralph Lauren, Lacoste and Tommy Hilfiger). Next point is that I`ve readed that the quality isn`t worth it`s price am I right? So what are good alternative brands I can looking for on lower price ranges? Thanks for help!

4. asdf

asdf Senior member

How do Supra Cuttlers and/or Skytop II's fit relative to chucks?

5. a2_hennessy

a2_hennessy Senior member

Really should've kopped the 4HM knit when I had the chance, but now they're all out of stock in my size.

I'm really looking for a nice knit right now. SNS Herning's Stark cardi is just not going to work for me - it's too long for my tastes, and I'm only 5'8" as it is. Any thoughts on other quality knits and where to kop? I'm considering Epaulet's, but I'm not too sure about quality.

Thanks in advance!

6. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

anyone has hypebeast account here? wanna PM about something i'd like to buy.

thanks!

7. thomasec

thomasec Senior member

Anyone know where to grab this Margaret Howell cardigan in a size small (or something comparable to it)? [​IMG]

8. drtchock

drtchock Senior member

How do MMM High tops fit? I'm usually a 10.5-11, what size should I be looking for?

are you a UK 10.5-11 or US?? Im a UK 9, a 43 usually. I bought the 43 in the MMM high tops and they fit very snug, so id go for the 11!

9. Alexlude

Alexlude Senior member

what is a good brand / fashion house for sporty yet upscale sneakers.. i mean i like the high top sporty look but nothing to tron/megaman-ish

no lanvin as im not really into that look

something with a pointier toe (than lanvin)

really vague i know but any suggestions would be appreciated (pics would even be better)

10. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

Anyone have a problem with their shirt tail hems curling up? I've got a thick flannel shirt that started doing this and ironing only solves it temporarily. Can a tailor do something about it??

11. asdf

asdf Senior member

Anyone have a problem with their shirt tail hems curling up? I've got a thick flannel shirt that started doing this and ironing only solves it temporarily. Can a tailor do something about it??

It's from sitting in a chair.

12. bach

bach Senior member

what is a good brand / fashion house for sporty yet upscale sneakers.. i mean i like the high top sporty look but nothing to tron/megaman-ish

no lanvin as im not really into that look

something with a pointier toe (than lanvin)

really vague i know but any suggestions would be appreciated (pics would even be better)

margiela?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

It's from sitting in a chair.
    No, it started after putting it in the dryer :/ Now I have to iron it after every wash and even then it still curls up after some wear. I'm guessing it has to do with shrinkage of the hem stitching or something.

14. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

anyone has hypebeast account here? wanna PM about something i'd like to buy.

thanks!

re-request. thanks

15. triad

triad Active Member

Hi all, just bought the thorogood for epaulet boots online and they arrived 2 days ago. Have a question here as I've never had a good fitting boots before. I went with size 10D. When I move my foot forward until the toes touch the toe box there's about 0.5" space on the heel. Is it normal for boots to be 'this longer' than the foot? Thanks. [​IMG]