Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

2. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

I need a proxy for a J Crew peacoat. I live in Toronto, Canada...PM me if interested or tell me the place here where I can find a proxy.

Also, is it okay to wear a black peacoat with a light shade of brown colored boots?

It's okay, but you really have to have a good eye to mix black and browns. A grey peacoat would be more versatile and less ubiquitous.

b. Straight leg raw denim brands with backpocket designs, under $250, selvage. Suggestions?
    c. Which sneakers, other than canvas, can be worn with khakis?

Thanks.

b. I like 3sixteen, and you can probably find Dior 19cm on B&S in your size if you wait. Also look at The Self Edge above.
    c. Completely depends on the kind of khakis. I'd caution against anything too bulky, or anything brown or black, or anything loud. Safe colors are usually white, dove grey, and mid-to-dark blue. Maybe some green or orange if you have the steez. Just make sure they're sleek and simple, this is not the time to trot out your hi-top GATs

3. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

also clarksdb those gloves are completely terrible. Leather gloves need to be sleek, high-quality, and as Milanese as possible. Eddie Bauer is none of those.

4. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Makeshift, know you aint a fan of clarks but these are the color of the boots (some other member's): http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...s/IMG_0061.jpg Still believe they wouldnt go with a black peacoat? If not how about navy? But then I'm worried navy peacoat + denim wouldnt look great? Also, thanks for the feedback on the gloves...was just starting my search any recommendations would be great.

5. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

A) You should probably realize that "cashmere" is a buzzword and not all cashmeres are anywhere near to each other. K-Mart has cashmere shit, and if you think it's equal to what's coming out of Cucinelli's mill you are beyond all hope. That Eddie Bauer cashmere is going to be close to the bottom of the list
    B) Those gloves look like gardening gloves.

6. haganah

haganah Senior member

I really love this flannel shirt. The reds flow vertically which makes it look more flattering. Does anyone know who makes this shirt or one like it? I don't want just a random flannel shirt - the vertical pattern is what i'm seeking.

In an ideal world, I'd pick it up in a couple of different colors.
    [​IMG]

7. max_r

max_r Senior member

its a giant red gingham shirt. can't tell anything but that from the picture, might not even be flannel.

8. hobscrk777

hobscrk777 Senior member

Can anyone tell me How frayed or distressed the Rugby Ralph Lauren "Solid University Oxfords" are? The measurements on the medium are 100% perfect, and I'd like to order them, but the description online says "washed and distressed for the frayed look of a timeworn favorite." Just on principle, I don't want to buy a shirt that's already frayed around the collar or sleeve hems, but I'm wondering just how present this is.

9. max_r

max_r Senior member

Can anyone tell me How frayed or distressed the Rugby Ralph Lauren "Solid University Oxfords" are? The measurements on the medium are 100% perfect, and I'd like to order them, but the description online says "washed and distressed for the frayed look of a timeworn favorite." Just on principle, I don't want to buy a shirt that's already frayed around the collar or sleeve hems, but I'm wondering just how present this is.

more than i thought it would be but not bad.

[​IMG]

color is light and faded looking and has that minor wear around the collar and a wrinkled placket but thats about it.

very soft shirts though, super comfortable. this one hasn't been worn much because i dont like box pleats and the arms are too baggy, been meaning to get it altered.

10. hobscrk777

hobscrk777 Senior member

more than i thought it would be but not bad.

[​IMG]

color is light and faded looking and has that minor wear around the collar and a wrinkled placket but thats about it.

very soft shirts though, super comfortable. this one hasn't been worn much because i dont like box pleats and the arms are too baggy, been meaning to get it altered.

[​IMG] Thanks for the super fast response! You get the SF Member of the Week Award. Looks like I'll end up buying some OCBDs elsewhere. The price and measurements are right on the Rugby ones, but I, too, dislike box pleats. Or any kind of pleats on my shirts, for that matter.

I've read that the BB Extra-Slim Fit OCBDs have baggy arms as well. I think I may try the MTM oxfords available from Proper Cloth. The pictures make it look like really great fabric.

11. dagunit22

dagunit22 Senior member

How do MMM High tops fit? I'm usually a 10.5-11, what size should I be looking for?

12. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Need Polo Ralph Lauren Ranger Boots...what place has them for the lowest price?

13. SeanathonHuff

SeanathonHuff Senior member

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=157881
    ^Sub-200 raw denim thread. I've taken a look at this, but I'm also looking for some 200+ brands that I may have overlooked. Once again: I'm looking for ~$250 Straight leg raw denim with backpocket design (not slim straight). Edwin and Nudie are nice, I'm looking for alternatives to those as well.

14. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

How do DBSS sneakers fit? If I'm a 44 in MMM GATs, what size should I look at for the DBSS high tops (that come out later this year)? Size 3?

15. ihatelucy

ihatelucy Active Member

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012