Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Anyone know a store from which I can purchase a pair of good shoes / boots for my girl? In a sense, what I am asking for is a store where you trust their average buy. As in, I generally "dig" to some degree everything at Blackbird or Context.

2. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

Can you get a trench coat tailored (slimmed down)? Have one I really like that, like everything else, fits great in the arms/shoulders but too much material around the waist.

3. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Yes, to the same extent as a suit jacket (which is to say, the cheapest option can only do so much as the pockets will start to migrate towards the seams and the best option is far from cheap). There was a big alterations thread in MC a long time ago that better explains it, pictures and all

4. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

Good point, thanks for your help.

5. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Does this coat look like it ends mid-thigh? (I'm 5'11) I'm looking for one that hits just above the knee.

[​IMG]

6. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance Senior member

I have a pair of Naked and Famous Skinny Jeans and the zipper slider fell off. I've only had the jeans for two months...how do I go about fixing this? I know nothing about zippers. Please enlighten me.

7. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

Is there a "best place" on the internet to grab Paul Smith socks, or should I just purchase them from the PS store? Pricey.

8. thrice

thrice Well-Known Member

So, I'm going on a 6 months backpacking trip in january. I want to have a little raw denim project while I run around, and I can't decide. Which jean would you guys chose for something like that? I'm not fat by any means, but super-skinny is a no go for my body shape. 33/32 and a 52/42 jacket.

9. Lokesh

Lokesh Senior member

Anyone hear of this small French company called Jamie Page?

Someone is selling this leather made by them and was wondering if anyone can comment on the quality? Also comments on the jacket? Here is a pic:

[​IMG]

Leather is calfskin

10. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

So, I'm going on a 6 months backpacking trip in january. I want to have a little raw denim project while I run around, and I can't decide. Which jean would you guys chose for something like that? I'm not fat by any means, but super-skinny is a no go for my body shape. 33/32 and a 52/42 jacket.

If you want slim fitting

Just go with APC new standards size 31. They fade quickly. After 6 months of backpacking you'll have great fades. For better quality and quick fading go with Flathead 301 size 33.

if you want loose fitting

APC rescue size 31 or Flathead 380 size 33.

If you want leg armor go with ironheart. Have fun and take pics

11. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

PC + heavy wear is a good receipe for crotch blowout, would recommend something heavier weight. IH was a good suggestion

12. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Any of the $300 level jeans should be able to hold up to 6-months of abuse (perhaps not Imperial, though I have no experience with the brand)

13. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

Eh, why not Imperial? I own two pairs and they've been going strong for over 2 and 3 years, respectively (one had a crotch blow out after over a year that needed repair, common).

I want to ask: does anyone know stockists for Reigning Champ in the US? Thanks.

14. Ideefixee

Ideefixee Senior member

Need to bolster my wardrobe with some nice wool trousers for work. Looking for a slim fit, similar to epaulet offerings, but not epaulet. thanks

Mabitex. The B&S section of this forum is rife with 'em.

15. jc4jax

jc4jax Well-Known Member

Hi all, first post here.
    I would like your opinions on sunglasses preferences. I am buying some prescription sunglasses and have decided on an aviator style. I am trying to decide whether to go with dark lens (grey gradient) or mirrored lens framed in gold or silver frames. What are your thoughts?