• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

100 yrs

Reaction score
Two quick ones:
-Anyone have negative experiences returning shoes on theshoemart.com? Their FAQs imply it's pretty simple, you can get a full refund but they charge you $8 return shipping.
- Easiest place to sell lightly used Alden Indies? Here or ebay?

Lokesh

Reaction score
How much do Acne raws stretch in the waist and how much would I need to size down? And can anyone tell me what the sizing works out like? What would a size 30 waist in raw measure with BiG?
I'm looking to buy one that will eventually end up being 16.5 at the wasit.

Adubz

Reaction score

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lokesh
How much do Acne raws stretch in the waist and how much would I need to size down? And can anyone tell me what the sizing works out like? What would a size 30 waist in raw measure with BiG?
I'm looking to buy one that will eventually end up being 16.5 at the wasit.

Which model? Acne tends to be a size bigger in the waist depending on the cut. When I tried on the Max, I went down to a 31 when I'm typically a 32. They don't stretch that much but then it also depends on how you intend to wear them. Size down too much and you're going to have problems fitting in them as they're fairly slim to begin with.

Lokesh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Which model?

Acne tends to be a size bigger in the waist depending on the cut. When I tried on the Max, I went down to a 31 when I'm typically a 32. They don't stretch that much but then it also depends on how you intend to wear them. Size down too much and you're going to have problems fitting in them as they're fairly slim to begin with.

mic black rigid in a size 30. What do you think the waist would measure? I assume these jeans are meant to be worn skinny then? I wear 30 in N&F WGs. I prefer a fit thats not too skinny... From what I've gathered, the Acnes don't stretch much? So 30 may be to small?

Lokesh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
I'm sure if you google, you can find measurements.

Mics are the "fuller" cut that acne offers, I believe. You'd probably get away with sizing down depending on the measurements.

I did actually try... Couldn't find anything useful. Some comparisons of sizing in regards to other jeans, but not a true measurement of the mic rigid... I think I better play safe and go tts...
Would Acne Mic rigids be worth $80 new? Or can they be found cheaper? I haven't managed to find cheaper yet...

yesssir

Reaction score
Are monk straps (single or double) acceptable for someone in their late 20's? For some reason I only see them worn in the MC section so far.

G0079

Reaction score
Originally Posted by yesssir
Are monk straps (single or double) acceptable for someone in their late 20's? For some reason I only see them worn in the MC section so far.

I don't think they are really restricted to certain ages. That said, I think monk straps run a higher risk of looking like complete **** compared to other shoes:

92010Matt_5878Web!.jpg

drtchock

Reaction score
Can anyone identify the brand of this shirt?

Its a blue checked shirt, looks quite a heavy material. Its most likely from this or the summer season, have a feeling it could be by a Japanese brand? I really like it so any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

checkshirty1.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads