Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

As far as traction, how do boots with a leather sole and rubber heel do in rainy and snowy weather?
    Rain - Traction won't be too much of a problem on rough surfaces but can still be problematic (smooth concrete, linoleum/hardwood, etc. will have you ice skating) Snow - Snow itself will present the same problems as rain, ice will be extremely hazardous Either way, even if you wear leather soles anyway (and I've done it), make sure to give your shoes/boots at least 2 days (3-4 preferable) of rest afterwards. The soles will soak up a lot of water and you'll want them to dry out properly

2. augustskies

augustskies Active Member

Stupid question: what do people mean when they refer to drop?

3. KitAkira

Drop = Chest size - waist size

4. bugatti.veyron

bugatti.veyron Senior member

Has banana republic discontinued the vintage straight chinos?

5. oldyogurt

oldyogurt Member

Rain - Traction won't be too much of a problem on rough surfaces but can still be problematic (smooth concrete, linoleum/hardwood, etc. will have you ice skating) Snow - Snow itself will present the same problems as rain, ice will be extremely hazardous Either way, even if you wear leather soles anyway (and I've done it), make sure to give your shoes/boots at least 2 days (3-4 preferable) of rest afterwards. The soles will soak up a lot of water and you'll want them to dry out properly
    Good stuff, thanks!

6. jay31

jay31 New Member

New guy here. Wanted your guys opinions on what to wear to an event. This Saturday I will be attending a party with my wife, we will be going to a friends house for appetizers and cocktails and then to a fairly upscale night club. The attire for the event is black and pink, I will nto be wearing pink as its not something I could ever pull off. I do have a pair of dark blue jeans and was planning on wearing a black dress shirt. Problem is I dont know what to wear for shoes. I am a very athletic guy, play baseball, football, etc. I have very muscular legs so finding jeans that fit correctly is hard. Any suggestions or pictures would be great. Thanks

7. Strombollii

Strombollii Senior member

New guy here. Wanted your guys opinions on what to wear to an event. This Saturday I will be attending a party with my wife, we will be going to a friends house for appetizers and cocktails and then to a fairly upscale night club. The attire for the event is black and pink, I will nto be wearing pink as its not something I could ever pull off. I do have a pair of dark blue jeans and was planning on wearing a black dress shirt. Problem is I dont know what to wear for shoes. I am a very athletic guy, play baseball, football, etc. I have very muscular legs so finding jeans that fit correctly is hard. Any suggestions or pictures would be great. Thanks

You could wear jeans, a pink oxford, no tie, and a dark grey jacket with some sort of black accent. Pink isn't all that bad.
    I don't really understand how your build is at all relevant to your question, as you're not asking about jeans: it appears you already have those covered.
    For shoes you could do some sort of wingtip.
    Maybe a dressy desert boot?
    [​IMG]

8. jay31

jay31 New Member

I looked into the jeans I had and I do need a new pair. So that was the reason for the build information. Also Im not real fond of wearing a jacket, plus its south florida and its still pretty warm here

9. Strombollii

Strombollii Senior member

I looked into the jeans I had and I do need a new pair. So that was the reason for the build information. Also Im not real fond of wearing a jacket, plus its south florida and its still pretty warm here

Ah, I'd recommend reading over the "I have a Jean" thread. Or just getting APCs.
    Also, I'd recommend a cotton jacket, as I live in North Carolina, on the coast, and have been to my share of summer events, but hell, to each his own.

10. vaalbara

vaalbara Senior member

does anyone know how seavees shoes tend to fit? there's a sale on 'em on gilt tomorrow, and if they have anything from their pantone collab available i might be interested in a pair.

the best fitting pair of shoes i have at the moment are probably a pair of size 44 spring court g2ms, for comparison.

11. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

12. Master Milano

Master Milano Senior member

Does anyone know where to get A 3sixteen dufflecoat [​IMG] or a similar duffle coat thats not from Uniqlo? Friend has that [​IMG]

13. limester816

limester816 Senior member

14. KitAkira

What is the thing hanging off the back of this RO sweater? http://www.yoox.com/item.asp?YOOX=19...7479_7_5_XN_-1 It doesn't look like a hood, is it just supposed to hang there? Is it detachable?
    I believe it's a super turtleneck tubesock thing

15. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

I believe it's a super turtleneck tubesock thing

But it looks like the sweater is already a turtleneck and there is this extra part hanging off the back. I don't think both of them are supposed to go on your neck.