Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

Would a 23" length sweater vest be too short on me? I'm 5'8". Where should a sweater fall. Is that bunching look necessary?

2. Lane

Lane Senior member

I need some help....I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to blazers. I'm trying to find out ways to incorporate them into my wardrobe.

http://www.us.allsaints.com/men/tail...coal/mjg519-33

http://www.us.allsaints.com/men/tail...black/mjf577-5

http://www.us.allsaints.com/men/oute...ack/mjg538-162

Here are some that interest me. I'm moreso going for the look so I'm not too obsessed with quality. Would any of these be adequate to wear with a pair of jeans. I'd like to wear them with some distressed DRKSHDW jeans of mine. However, I'm wondering what constitutes a blazer being adequate for casual use? I've found it hard to find a concrete answer on that.

3. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

What color wallet is better for business casual: grey or bordeaux?

4. Surreal

Surreal Senior member

I have a quick question regarding socks - should I color coordinate them according to the shoe or to the pants?

For example, dark brown shoes and navy blue jeans. Socks - dark blue or dark brown?

Or khaki pants and dark brown shoes - socks - khaki color or dark brown?

5. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

I personally don't think it matters since it sits in your pocket most of the time. Don't get too anal about things and pick the color you like and be happy.

I have a quick question regarding socks - should I color coordinate them according to the shoe or to the pants?

For example, dark brown shoes and navy blue jeans. Socks - dark blue or dark brown?

You don't necessarily have to match socks to either your pants or your shoes really. In fact, I used to be the guy with dull socks that matched pants too and eventually realized that was boring and decided to start getting some socks with patterns and stripes to liven it up a little since life is too short.

I don't get colors that are too vibrant like neons or anything, but I just make sure that the color spectrum isn't 180 degrees in another direction from what the rest of the outfit is that's all. Have some fun with the socks is my advice and don't worry about being all matchy.

6. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

I need some help....I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to blazers. I'm trying to find out ways to incorporate them into my wardrobe.

http://www.us.allsaints.com/men/tail...black/mjf577-5

http://www.us.allsaints.com/men/oute...ack/mjg538-162

Here are some that interest me. I'm moreso going for the look so I'm not too obsessed with quality. Would any of these be adequate to wear with a pair of jeans. I'd like to wear them with some distressed DRKSHDW jeans of mine. However, I'm wondering what constitutes a blazer being adequate for casual use? I've found it hard to find a concrete answer on that.

The only one that looks like it would work (strictly IMO, obviously) is the last one. I don't have a concrete answer on the casual blazer thing (I'd love to know myself), but soft, non-squared shoulders, a shorter body length, and patch pockets (the first three have flap pockets) all help. Texture-wise, a rough material or a fabric that wouldn't be an obvious choice for use in a suit could work. Basically, anything that doesn't make it look like it could be an orphaned suit jacket is a positive attribute. But yeah, I'd love to hear more about what makes a jacket a viable match for jeans and a source for such a jacket.

I want to say that the MC answer would be to match closer to the color of the pants or to complement something else in the outfit (like your shirt color), and the British answer would be to wear maroon socks with everything.

You're a troll, right? Like, someone else's sock puppet account?

7. NameBack

NameBack Senior member

What are the good thrift/consignment/vintage shops in DC?

8. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

I have a quick question regarding socks - should I color coordinate them according to the shoe or to the pants? For example, dark brown shoes and navy blue jeans. Socks - dark blue or dark brown? Or khaki pants and dark brown shoes - socks - khaki color or dark brown?
    Only if you're a pussy. Real men wear contrasting and bright colors

9. Lane

Lane Senior member

The only one that looks like it would work (strictly IMO, obviously) is the last one. I don't have a concrete answer on the casual blazer thing (I'd love to know myself), but soft, non-squared shoulders, a shorter body length, and patch pockets (the first three have flap pockets) all help. Texture-wise, a rough material or a fabric that wouldn't be an obvious choice for use in a suit could work. Basically, anything that doesn't make it look like it could be an orphaned suit jacket is a positive attribute. But yeah, I'd love to hear more about what makes?
    pardon my ignorance, but I don't know what an orphaned suit jacket is. I google'd it and I just got a bunch of threads from here, lol. Also, yah boxy shoulders are what I mainly avoid in blazers. Thanks for the info, I actually like when the blazer gets small as it gets closer to the waist.

10. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

I'm 5'7, 130ish lbs.

What length peacoat would you guys suggest?

11. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

pardon my ignorance, but I don't know what an orphaned suit jacket is. I google'd it and I just got a bunch of threads from here, lol. Also, yah boxy shoulders are what I mainly avoid in blazers. Thanks for the info, I actually like when the blazer gets small as it gets closer to the waist.

orphaned suit jacket is a suit jacket not worn with the matching pants.. essentially a suit jacket worn as a blazer

12. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

I personally don't think it matters since it sits in your pocket most of the time. Don't get too anal about things and pick the color you like and be happy.

True, thanks!

13. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

orphaned suit jacket is a suit jacket not worn with the matching pants.. essentially a suit jacket worn as a blazer

This.

14. Yoel

Yoel Member

I'm looking for a cheap, reliable American proxy for a order I'm about to place on Ralph Laurens website. Any suggestions?

Thanks

15. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

What is a good color desert boots for chinos (off white, brown etc.)? All black? Beeswax? [​IMG] Beeswax? [​IMG] Or other?