Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Please do not tuck shirts into jeans

What is wrong with tucking in shirts? Sorry I didn't specify but I was referring collared shirts. I just don't think they look right untucked if you wear a blazer.

2. radicaldog

radicaldog Senior member

I wear a 7 UK in Clarks desert boots and I have narrow feet. What US size should I get for L.L. Bean classic camp moccasins? Other SF reference size: 40.5 in Vass New Peter last.

Thanks.

3. Lane

Lane Senior member

Are there any rules governing how to wear blazers? I've never actually had one in my wardrobe, and I'm trying to incorporate blazers into my aesthetic, but would it be bad to wear them with jeans that have a really strange wash or too much distressing? I mean to me it looks fine when I put them on with some of my DRKSHDW jeans, but I wanna know for sure.

4. zerostyle

zerostyle Senior member

Question on jeans: I picked up a pair of Lucky 221's (slim) jeans. The tag said to dry-clean only, but their online website said to wash in cold water and dry on low. I'm getting them tailored to adjust the length, and decided I'd wash them 2-3x in cold water to make sure they were shrunk as much as possible. Questions: 1. Was this a terrible idea? 2. Coming out of the dryer, the jeans are still very wrinkled. Any tips? Can you iron jeans? This is them: (have a slightly different wash but close, and I only paid $50) http://www.luckybrand.com/221-Slim-S...ectedColor=461

5. halisray

halisray Senior member

I just bought some Red Wing Iron Ranger Amber Harness boots and I was wondering what kind of oil I need to get for these.. something I can order online or something easily attainable would be good.

Thanks a lot!

6. blackwar12

blackwar12 Well-Known Member

Question about sunglasses and your face shape. I have a square-shaped face, which, according to online sources should be paired with a circular or oval shaped sunglass.

Would my face shape also match with aviator-style sunglasses, particularly tom ford ones? I'm not sure how to classify the teardrop shape of aviators, and it seems that some people say that aviators go well with all types of faces (?).

7. ZhiMingBuFanDe

ZhiMingBuFanDe Senior member

What would the p2p be of a size 34 suit? 16"?

8. BRMC_doves

BRMC_doves Senior member

Is the new TOJ varsity quilted and madefor the winter? Or is it thin like the old anniversaries?

9. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Thank you for looking at anything posted within the last 5 pages [​IMG] Drew, I've worn the varsity every day since I've gotten it, it is the definition of perfection

10. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Well-Known Member

I just bought some Red Wing Iron Ranger Amber Harness boots and I was wondering what kind of oil I need to get for these.. something I can order online or something easily attainable would be good.

Thanks a lot!

The general consensus seems to be obenaufs oil. Be warned that it will darken the leather, as will just about all leather oil/conditioners. The cheapest I was able to find it online was about $20 shipped for 16 oz. Many use in conjunction with sno-seal if waterproofing is important. Some also use mink oil, this will soften the leather more but many claim it also will damage it.

11. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

12. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

I just stumbled upon Dave's New York on 16th St.

Anybody else get stuff there? From what I could see in-store, they have a great selection of Redwings and workwear stuff.

13. halisray

halisray Senior member

The general consensus seems to be obenaufs oil. Be warned that it will darken the leather, as will just about all leather oil/conditioners. The cheapest I was able to find it online was about $20 shipped for 16 oz. Many use in conjunction with sno-seal if waterproofing is important. Some also use mink oil, this will soften the leather more but many claim it also will damage it.

okay so a bottle of obenaufs oil, thanks. Also, do I need sno-seal for these boots during winter? I guess so right? I can put on the oil and sno-sneal at the same time without it messing these boots up?

thanks a bunch Albert.

edit: I just received my boots in the mail, put them on. A bit tight around the sides but my toes have plenty of room, ankle feels a bit weird but I guess the boots will form to my foot in a few weeks. I went down half a size and Ive never really worn boots before, used to canvas shoes.. so the feeling is kinda weird at the moment lol. Not too tight though which is nice, but I see some blistering in the future, especially my ankle. Considering buying a inner sole, thoughts?

Thanks for all the help

14. flyguy7

flyguy7 Senior member

Is luisaviaroma pretty much the only place to get dior 19cm raws? Would I have any luck if i took a trip to their ny store? and is the "brute" listed on their website the MIJ- here
    dior denim is really absent on this forum

15. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Browns
    Diabro
    Luisaviaroma
    Dior online
    Yoox
    The Corner
    Barneys