1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

How do you find those shoes remotely eye-pleasing is my question. Even before I joined SF, I have never like squared toed shoes. They have the appearance of someone with their toes chopped off.

2. Easter

Easter Well-Known Member

How is Costume National leather quality? Because I want this:

[​IMG]

3. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

anyone know where to buy s.n.s knitwear in xs online? the places that do stock them i know of are out of stock.

4. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Hello, I'm looking for a good website to buy denim and that ship to Canada (preferrably free shipping)? Style forum discounts would be great! thx
    Revolve offers free shipping to Canada plus 30% off discount if you're ordering from them first time. Just chat with a sales rep on the site there. There are others too though, depends really what brand jeans do you want?

5. david3558

david3558 Senior member

Figured I'd take advantage of the quick question thread...

I picked up a sweet pair of Red Wings today (the Jcrew classic rugged boot). I was wondering, what should I apply to them to keep the leather sturdy in the long run and able to stand up to potential winter use.

Edit: Thanks in advance!

6. Dellath

Dellath Senior member

Figured I'd take advantage of the quick question thread... I picked up a sweet pair of Red Wings today (the Jcrew classic rugged boot). I was wondering, what should I apply to them to keep the leather sturdy in the long run and able to stand up to potential winter use. Edit: Thanks in advance!
    Obenauf's LP works well for waterproofing your boot and keeping the leather in good condition over time, check out the Red Wing thread for suggestions as people there have experimented with various products: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...=55475&page=67

7. david3558

david3558 Senior member

Thank you for the reply!

8. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Senior member

When ordering a shirt by measurements online, and they list there medium as chest size 38-40 - and if i have a chest of 39 does that mean its going to be skin tight ? or does that generally mean its made to fit that size of chest ?

i could go up to a large to be safe, but id rather have a perfect fit...

9. whodini

whodini Senior member

The latter. General descriptions like that usually mean it's going to fit like shit, though.

10. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

11. max_r

max_r Senior member

thinking about hemming 2" off my APC's, what do you guys think? this is what they look like right now http://imgur.com/aV77o.jpg starting to think the stacking might be a bit much.

12. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

its fine but its all up to your style and opinion. thats not "too" much but again thats a personal preference.

you could always cuff as well

13. NissenKaare

NissenKaare New Member

14. max_r

max_r Senior member

its fine but its all up to your style and opinion. thats not "too" much but again thats a personal preference.

you could always cuff as well

some days i like it and some days i wish it was a bit less, i guess i'm just being indecisive.

i dont really like cuffing though.

15. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Ran a search to no avail -

Does BiG have an affiliate thread in here? Do they ever offer SFers discounts as per Need Supply, etc?

Their raw Eternals seemingly keep reappearing in my web browser...

16. whodini

whodini Senior member

Ran a search to no avail -

Does BiG have an affiliate thread in here? Do they ever offer SFers discounts as per Need Supply, etc?

Their raw Eternals seemingly keep reappearing in my web browser...

No, no.

17. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

Quick, can someone comment on the quality and fit of Gran Sasso sweaters? Thinking about kopping a few things, not sure how to size.

18. KingNC

KingNC Well-Known Member

For those that have ordered off of Yoox, have you ever gotten a payment verification email in which it asked for a coloured scan or picture of the front and back of your credit card? If so did you just attach the file and reply to the email? How long after did it take them to verify and send the order out?

I'm just wondering if I did everything right because I received the email Monday(12:46am PST). I attached the photos and replied to the email directly since it said "To process your order we kindly ask you to reply to this e-mail..." It's been 2 days now and still no update on the status of my order.

(FYI it was a large order and I used a different CC from the other times I've ordered from them so I thought it might have just been a precautionary measure on their part.)

19. johnmcnamee

johnmcnamee Well-Known Member

On shirts with collar heights of 3 - 4cm the tie isn't covered fully and is visible around the back of the neck, peeking out from underneath the collar.

Is this acceptable? Or should the tie be fully hidden except for at the knot?

20. Vecna

Vecna Senior member

On shirts with collar heights of 3 - 4cm the tie isn't covered fully and is visible around the back of the neck, peeking out from underneath the collar. Is this acceptable? Or should the tie be fully hidden except for at the knot?
    It should be fully hidden. Go with a skinnier tie or a taller collar.