Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. keredog

keredog Senior member

Clarks beeswax leather shoes.

What are some basic and necessary things I need to do to keep them in tip top shape for as long as possible?

I know nothing about leather, or leather protection, and would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

2. Strombollii

Strombollii Senior member

nOOb question here, and I know there are countless threads about dress shoes with jeans (searched), but wanted to know what the concensus here was about what kind of pants captoe shoes are best suited for? I don't have to dress up for my current job too much so I've been wearing more casual plain toe leather shoes and various chukka boots I have, so a couple pairs of captoes I own have been sitting around unworn (AE Soho's, ferragamo captoes). so...can you wear captoes with chinos or dark jeans?

I, personally, only like them with dress pants. Forum consensus (to the best of my knowledge) will probably be the same, with a few dissenters jumping in to say that they're okay with dark denim and a collar.

3. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Question:

If I'm wearing a messenger bag to university with the strap going across my chest then wear should the bag be hanging? It comes down to my butt and just feels weird like that. Is it normal to be hanging there? Or should it be higher?

4. *Tee*

*Tee* Senior member

1) What's the general opinion on Ermanno Scervino in here ? Worth the money at about 30% off or still overpriced ?

2) Does anyone have any sizing experience with Marc Jacobs mainline knitwear ?

5. TheGoodLife

TheGoodLife Senior member

I looking to purchase a BOO shirt...the description says double darted does this mean a more fitting slimmer shirt?

thanks

6. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Question: If I'm wearing a messenger bag to university with the strap going across my chest then wear should the bag be hanging? It comes down to my butt and just feels weird like that. Is it normal to be hanging there? Or should it be higher?
    Mine hangs at waist level and swept back so it stays with about 1/4 of the length forward of my hip, works for me (though I generally keep a hand on it so it doesn't keep swinging and hitting my ass with each step)
    I looking to purchase a BOO shirt...the description says double darted does this mean a more fitting slimmer shirt? thanks
    Band of Outsiders is one of the most fitted shirts on the market

7. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Mine hangs at waist level and swept back so it stays with about 1/4 of the length forward of my hip, works for me (though I generally keep a hand on it so it doesn't keep swinging and hitting my ass with each step)

Thanks!

8. Radagast

Radagast Senior member

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011

9. Lokesh

Lokesh Senior member

Any opinions on the fit of these 2 shirts? And opinions about the color in relation to the jeans I'm wearing?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. 123abc123

123abc123 Senior member

11. BRMC_doves

BRMC_doves Senior member

Proxy service for goods in the UK?

12. max_r

max_r Senior member

has anyone in the UK/europe/wherever, ever ordered anything from http://www.my-wardrobe.com/ ?

I'm looking to get another pair of APC's now that i've grown out of my new standards, and they're the only place i've found so far that sells them. they seem legit from what i've seen, but i figured i'd ask anyway just in case.

13. Racing Green

Racing Green Senior member

has anyone in the UK/europe/wherever, ever ordered anything from http://www.my-wardrobe.com/ ?

I'm looking to get another pair of APC's now that i've grown out of my new standards, and they're the only place i've found so far that sells them. they seem legit from what i've seen, but i figured i'd ask anyway just in case.

www.oipolloi.com

www.endclothing.co.uk

That's two UK retailers off the top of my head that stock APC. There's also Coggles and Liberty.

14. max_r

max_r Senior member

www.oipolloi.com

www.endclothing.co.uk

That's two UK retailers off the top of my head that stock APC. There's also Coggles and Liberty.

oh awesome, thanks.

i've seen oipolloi mentioned here before, and doing a search for them here comes up with plenty of people who have bought from them, plus they seem to have the cheapest/fastest shipping.

now i just have to wait until my debit card arrives D:

15. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

I have a marc jacobs collection t-shirt that says you have to dry clean it, which is a pain in the ass. It's made in Italy, but it's just a t-shirt... do I really need to dry clean it, or can I get away with hand-washing it then hanging it to dry? I mean at least that's better than putting it in the washer/dryer. I got a big ol fuckin splootch of queso on it right after I got it dry-cleaned the first time.
    if it's just cotton then I'd suggest regular wash and hang dry (which is what I do with all my stuff anyway). if it's really delicate (some sort of special paint, or other finishing) then just bucket soak and dry it. Queso huh, is that what the kids are calling it now-adays?