Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. kontra

kontra Well-Known Member

It's a varsity jacket. Temple of Jawnz makes them.
    - They dont make them anymore. Im also wondering about the brands of these.

2. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Button down shirts that have buttons on the collar...do you have to button them or is it okay to leave them unbuttoned for a casual look? Also, can you leave those shirts with button collars untucked?

3. ysb

ysb Senior member

Button down shirts that have buttons on the collar...do you have to button them or is it okay to leave them unbuttoned for a casual look? Also, can you leave those shirts with button collars untucked?

I think they look sloppy with the buttons undone. as for untucking, depends on the length and fit of the shirt.

4. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Yes an yes, depending on the shirt.

5. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

I think they look sloppy with the buttons undone. as for untucking, depends on the length and fit of the shirt.

Yes an yes, depending on the shirt.

Agreed, keep them buttoned, looks tacky otherwise and you can wear untucked so long as the tail isn't fully covering your backside or as long as the front isn't hanging below you're crotch. Make sure it's not a dress shirt either meant to be worn formally (keep an eye on fabric/pattern) b/c that looks terrible. It drives me nuts when I walk around and see dress shirts meant to be tucked hanging at dudes' knees.

hey does anyone know what this type of shoe is called

http://www.selectism.com/news/wp-con...ootwear-05.jpg

also maybe some brands that carry them (preferably not too expensive) and where i can find them (online stores)
    the picture is rag and bone (dont know make tho)

Those are Wallabee type shoes it appears. There are a few makers, but if you're looking for something on the cheap, check Clarks as they're known for those as much as they are for their desert boot.

Found a trench coat that was exactly what what I have been looking for in terms of style and fit at Zara, yesterday. I never shop at the store because I'm not a big fan of their fits or typical quality, but I couldn't pass this item up.

The issue I have is that apparently it provides very little, if any, level of water resistance. I tested it when I got home. For the price I paid, I didn't think I would get GOTEX level water proofing, but being that it is a trench coat I would expect it to be able to provide some basic water resistance. Since the price was good and I like everything else about it I am considering ways to add some water proofing. A spray or even perhaps a wax. Anyone have experience or advice with this? I think I may return it if it's a lost cause. [​IMG]

I'm not sure any spray is going to make it water resistent, minorly repellant, maybe, but personally if it isn't made that way from factory, I wouldn't even try. I would look for a rain coat/mac or keep looking for a trench made to resist water in the first place. There's no sense wearing a trench if the goal is to cover your clothes and keep you dry when it will only soak up water in a rain strorm.

6. augustskies

augustskies Active Member

probably a dumb question but why do people prefer a button fly above a zipper? (0)

7. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Zippers can fuck up with shrink/stretch. Most zippers use poly tape so they don't shrink or stretch with the rest of the jeans and can become awkward

8. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

probably a dumb question but why do people prefer a button fly above a zipper? (0)

Number of reasons:

1. When you buy raw denim you buy it tight, so a zipper might break. If a single tooth breaks, the pants are trash
    2. Zippers come undone all the time on their own
    3. On quality pants the buttons aren't likely to come off unless the denim itself has worn out to the point that it tears, in which case...you need new pants anyways
    4. In the words of Jerry Seinfeld...that's one part of my body where I don't need sharp interlocking teeth

9. Master Milano

Master Milano Senior member

Anyone know some good thrift shops around Union Square besides Buffulo Exchange? I'm actually finding some really interesting stuff there, and since i'm broke, i decided to look into it.

10. cl smooth

cl smooth Senior member

what brand is this? [​IMG]

11. capa

capa Senior member

do the BoO Sperry Topsiders run the same as regular topsiders? Can't find an answer but Tres Bien says they run small and to size up one...and they don't carry half sizes either. I wear a size 10 in Sperry topsiders, and I was thinking of just getting the same in the BoO Sperry's.

12. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

I like button fly because then I can't forget to zip them up

13. tit_tyrant

tit_tyrant Well-Known Member

I'm improving my pattern matching abilities and was wondering what people thought about a waffle pattern shirt, such as a henley, with corduroys - specifically 14 wale. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

14. max_r

max_r Senior member

I like button fly because then I can't forget to zip them up

this is my main reason.

15. aaaeeeiiiooouuu

aaaeeeiiiooouuu Senior member

What size Common Projects should I get?

For a point of reference, I fit well in 8.5 in Clarks DBs and in 8.5 in RW GTs. Should I size down to 41?