Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. BRMC_doves

BRMC_doves Senior member

Edit the first post and change the title.

Nikwax is pretty good and cheap, iirc.

What do you mean "hints on a partial refund" just fucking ask him.

Yeah I shouldn't have worded it like that. I've made it pretty clear a few times, that I wanted $20 refunded. He just goes on to say that they're the original ones and that the quality is way better than the re-makes. Even though I like the shoes, I still can't wrap my head around paying what I paid for shoes w/ laces so grimey. Ahh whatever, moving on...just think that guy pulled a quick one on me.[​IMG] luckily it wasn't a designer pair of GATS for $300

2. captmomo

captmomo Senior member

Here's a link to the thread...and yes he did state them as deadstock. I thought that meant brand new, not to be produced ever again. Seems the true defintion just means "no longer in production". Whatever the guy keeps ignoring my hints on a partial refund. Check out the listng...was I reaching that much by assuming they were new?
    http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=197928

Definition: Clothing which was never worn or sold to the public. Usually forgotten stockpiles from warehouses, dead stock is often still in its original packaging or have its original tags.
    Also Known As: New Old Stock (NOS)

the pics of the GATs he has on looks pretty clean and new-ish though.
    good luck man.
    just treat it as lesson on b&s

3. kontra

kontra Well-Known Member

Can some one id these jackets - or suggest similar? Sorry for the image quality.

[​IMG]

4. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Yeah I shouldn't have worded it like that. I've made it pretty clear a few times, that I wanted $20 refunded. He just goes on to say that they're the original ones and that the quality is way better than the re-makes. Even though I like the shoes, I still can't wrap my head around paying what I paid for shoes w/ laces so grimey. Ahh whatever, moving on...just think that guy pulled a quick one on me.[​IMG] luckily it wasn't a designer pair of GATS for $300
    Just post a warning in the thread, can't really force him to issue a partial refund, but at least you can prevent any headaches for others?

5. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Can some one id these jackets - or suggest similar? Sorry for the image quality.

[​IMG]

It's a varsity jacket. Temple of Jawnz makes them.

6. Pinhas

Pinhas Senior member

Anyone knows where to get Somet jeans in NYC? Somet 030 to be exact. Thanks

7. johnmcnamee

johnmcnamee Well-Known Member

What alterations would you guys suggest I get done on this coat? I've never owned an overcoat like this so I want to take it to the tailor to get it to fit perfectly. http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/182e4402...25c5db0040.jpg It's an XS, and I could size down to an XXS but then I think it'd be too tight when I try and layer clothes for the winter.

8. ysb

ysb Senior member

Anyone knows where to get Somet jeans in NYC? Somet 030 to be exact. Thanks

http://blueingreensoho.com/

9. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

10. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

noob question: when you get a long coat with a split in the back and it comes sewn shut, are you supposed to open it?

11. Pinhas

Pinhas Senior member

http://blueingreensoho.com/

The Mecca.

Thanks! Will visit.

12. Surreal

Surreal Senior member

I have a brown leather jacket but still haven't found the right shoes for it. So currently I only have black sneakers, black boots and black shoes to wear with the jacket. I also have dark blue and black jeans, some sweaters and button down shirts.

How do I combine the outfit so I can wear the brown leather jacket without the brown shoes (I'm still looking for good ones in 200$ range.)

13. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

What alterations would you guys suggest I get done on this coat? I've never owned an overcoat like this so I want to take it to the tailor to get it to fit perfectly.

http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/182e4402...25c5db0040.jpg

It's an XS, and I could size down to an XXS but then I think it'd be too tight when I try and layer clothes for the winter.

The fit looks fine except the sleeves are too long. A tailor can shorten it easily.

noob question: when you get a long coat with a split in the back and it comes sewn shut, are you supposed to open it?

Yes you are supposed to open it. Normally there are just a couple stitches holding it shut that you can easily cut with a pocket knife.

14. d-nice

d-nice Senior member

Yes.

15. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

Yes you are supposed to open it. Normally there are just a couple stitches holding it shut that you can easily cut with a pocket knife.

Yes.

Thank you