Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. captmomo

captmomo Senior member

^No, actually the only pictures uploaded were of his own personal pair. He's actually wearing them in the pictures. They looked new to me...and since he didn't state any conditon or damage to them, I thought they were brand new. The price of $95 seems like a lot for a pair of shoes I had to take a toothbrush too and bleach the laces(which didn't help). I see other german army trainers gong for much less. There are two new listings or these exact shoes...brand new and they are asking $95 shipped from Australia & Germany. Another listing has a used pair going for $40. I don't mind the worn in look, but I was looking forward to breaking them in myself...and thought in the mean time I could get away with wearng them semi-dressed up w/ a peacoat. They're too banged up for that. I've exchanged messages back & forth with the seller and he keeps telling me they look way better worn in and ignores my hints on a refund. I'm not asking to return them...I just think a $20 refund is more than fair for both parties. edit: And the fact he had 5 different sizes listed, also led me to believe they were brand new
    link to thread? did he in fact advertise them as deadstock?

2. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

Can anyone ID this jumpsuit or recommend something similar? I like the slim fit and the pockets.

[​IMG]

3. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Found a trench coat that was exactly what what I have been looking for in terms of style and fit at Zara, yesterday. I never shop at the store because I'm not a big fan of their fits or typical quality, but I couldn't pass this item up. The issue I have is that apparently it provides very little, if any, level of water resistance. I tested it when I got home. For the price I paid, I didn't think I would get GOTEX level water proofing, but being that it is a trench coat I would expect it to be able to provide some basic water resistance. Since the price was good and I like everything else about it I am considering ways to add some water proofing. A spray or even perhaps a wax. Anyone have experience or advice with this? I think I may return it if it's a lost cause. [​IMG]

4. monkeyzoncrack

monkeyzoncrack Member

hey does anyone know what this type of shoe is called http://www.selectism.com/news/wp-con...ootwear-05.jpg also maybe some brands that carry them (preferably not too expensive) and where i can find them (online stores) the picture is rag and bone (dont know make tho)

5. Lane

Lane Senior member

ebay has a little section where it describes the condition as New, Like new, good, etc

6. Mirrorball

Mirrorball Senior member

Adidas GATs Lows [​IMG]
    $20 via paypal to the 1st person who can find me somewhere i can buy these online, in a size US11.5 or US11 (UK 11 or UK10.5), new, that ships to Ireland. They are Adidas Originals A.039 Resplit Lo in black to help you get started on google. Gogogogogogogo. EDIT: Someone found them for me in the non-baller sneaker thread.

7. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Found a trench coat that was exactly what what I have been looking for in terms of style and fit at Zara, yesterday. I never shop at the store because I'm not a big fan of their fits or typical quality, but I couldn't pass this item up. The issue I have is that apparently it provides very little, if any, level of water resistance. I tested it when I got home. For the price I paid, I didn't think I would get GOTEX level water proofing, but being that it is a trench coat I would expect it to be able to provide some basic water resistance. Since the price was good and I like everything else about it I am considering ways to add some water proofing. A spray or even perhaps a wax. Anyone have experience or advice with this? I think I may return it if it's a lost cause. [​IMG]
    The stuff you use in the washing machine is infinitely superior to the stuff you spray on.
    ebay has a little section where it describes the condition as New, Like new, good, etc
    He was saying it didn't list a description.

8. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    The stuff you use in the washing machine is infinitely superior to the stuff you spray on.

Do you have any experience with brands?

9. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

any1 knows anything about " Fugitive Pigment Dye" used for overdyeing denim/fabrics?__ and where to kop in NYC?

10. Lane

Lane Senior member

He was saying it didn't list a description.

that should be an immediate red flag

11. Howell31

Howell31 Senior member

how do i edit the titles of my threads?

12. *Tee*

*Tee* Senior member

I'm beasting over an Undercover coat and wonder if I should go with size 3/III or 4/IV !?
    I'm usually a EU48 or a small EU50 ( if I want to wear a thick sweater under it ) in most coats. 18" shoulder width and 20.5" chest width are pretty much ideal for me...

Any opinions ?

Bumpernickel...

13. BRMC_doves

BRMC_doves Senior member

link to thread?
    did he in fact advertise them as deadstock?

Here's a link to the thread...and yes he did state them as deadstock. I thought that meant brand new, not to be produced ever again. Seems the true defintion just means "no longer in production". Whatever the guy keeps ignoring my hints on a partial refund. Check out the listng...was I reaching that much by assuming they were new?
    http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=197928

14. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

how do i edit the titles of my threads?
    Edit the first post and change the title.
    Do you have any experience with brands?
    Nikwax is pretty good and cheap, iirc.
    Here's a link to the thread...and yes he did state them as deadstock. I thought that meant brand new, not to be produced ever again. Seems the true defintion just means "no longer in production". Whatever the guy keeps ignoring my hints on a partial refund. Check out the listng...was I reaching that much by assuming they were new? http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=197928
    What do you mean "hints on a partial refund" just fucking ask him.

15. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

hey does anyone know what this type of shoe is called

http://www.selectism.com/news/wp-con...ootwear-05.jpg

also maybe some brands that carry them (preferably not too expensive) and where i can find them (online stores)
    the picture is rag and bone (dont know make tho)

Looks like the Clarks Wallabees to me although they have different laces.