Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Does this seem accurate? The Wings + Horns Navy Henley is listed here at Haven with a 1/2-chest (pit-to-pit?) measurement of 44 cm. (17.3") for a medium and 48 cm. (18.9") for a large. At those measurements, I think even a large would be too tight on me, as I typically take something around 19.5" P2P in non-layered shirts.

2. colins

colins Senior member

Anyone know how the LL Bean Blucher mocs fit in comparisson to Quoddy's, or in comparison to Sperry's for that matter? I'm a 10 in Quoddy's and an 11 in Sperry, pretty much a 10.5 in everything else. Looking at these: http://www.llbean.com/llbeansignatur...tn&cat4=505905
    I'd go with a 10.5. I recently purchased these in my Sperry size and now wish I had gone a half size smaller.

3. Doot

Doot Active Member

Some brand&model identification. Preferably the identification of the pair on the left side. But any help whatsoever would be appreciated. [​IMG]

4. Lokesh

Lokesh Senior member

EDIT:
    Sorry nvm wrong thread.

5. stucco

stucco Member

Does anyone know the denim weight of most mall brands?

6. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Usually around 12oz, iirc. Sometimes lower

7. ZhiMingBuFanDe

ZhiMingBuFanDe Senior member

Would anyone with an eBay account like to help me? I need feedback on my account to purchase something, both of which I lack. I'll pay first and pay a fee if you wish.

8. Lane

Lane Senior member

you're going to pay for feedback? There would need to be an item you won in an auction in order to receive feedback.

9. KitAkira

You can buy something off of me and I'll give you the feedback you deserve [​IMG]

10. BRMC_doves

BRMC_doves Senior member

So I ended up buying a pair of german army trainers for $95US shipped...
    I was under the impression they were brand new, especially at that price. The seller didn't mention any marks/stains or rips & the only pics in his listing were of him wearing his own pair. They arrived a few days ago and they're pretty worn in and the laces look like sh*t. I still like them, but I was hoping for a brand new pair to gradually break in myself. Something I could get away with wearing with a peacoat right now.
    Do you think I'm entitled to a partial refund here? I suggest $20.

Are these shoes that hard to come by, like a lot of people claim?

11. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

So the ad contained pictures of the actual shoes for sale and did not claim that they were brand new?

12. BRMC_doves

BRMC_doves Senior member

^No, actually the only pictures uploaded were of his own personal pair. He's actually wearing them in the pictures. They looked new to me...and since he didn't state any conditon or damage to them, I thought they were brand new. The price of $95 seems like a lot for a pair of shoes I had to take a toothbrush too and bleach the laces(which didn't help). I see other german army trainers gong for much less. There are two new listings or these exact shoes...brand new and they are asking $95 shipped from Australia & Germany. Another listing has a used pair going for $40.

I don't mind the worn in look, but I was looking forward to breaking them in myself...and thought in the mean time I could get away with wearng them semi-dressed up w/ a peacoat. They're too banged up for that.
    I've exchanged messages back & forth with the seller and he keeps telling me they look way better worn in and ignores my hints on a refund. I'm not asking to return them...I just think a $20 refund is more than fair for both parties.

edit: And the fact he had 5 different sizes listed, also led me to believe they were brand new

13. KitAkira

It's your fault for not inquiring about the condition before bidding. It's a shit move on his part but you should have been more defensive with your buying. Also have no clue why you'd buy a pair from Australia when they generally originate from Europe meaning he paid to have them shipped to Australia and you paid to have them shipped again out of Australia

14. ZhiMingBuFanDe

ZhiMingBuFanDe Senior member

Dick move by seller. I don't blame BRMC for believing they were new, since the seller had 5 sizes listed, and that the non-MMM GAT's that spring up on B&S are pretty much always ~100.

Being honest, the non-MMM GAT's don't look right to me. :/

15. BRMC_doves

BRMC_doves Senior member

Thanks for your opinions guys. I know I was wrong for not asking about the condition before sending payment. Usually I'm on top of these things, but I guess the fact he had numerous sizes led me to believe they were new. I also thought the word deadstock meant something completely different. And lastly, I'm not familiar with the background of these shoes...for all I know, all original gats from Germany are slightly scuffed up, from being stored in big piles w/o boxes????

I still see myself wearing them quite a bit, they're quite heavy and feel great on.
    It wasn't a major purchase either, so there aren't any hard feelings. Sorry for my ramble lol