Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Regal

Regal Well-Known Member

Been wearing shitty 501's for a month.

I think I stretched the knees and ass out too much from crouching while wet after the first shrink/soak.

Can I resoak them inside-out and retain the darkness, retain most of the initiated wrinking, and re-slim up the knees/ass a little bit or will I lose all the "progress" I've gained from wearing a month hard?

Anytime you soak and dry the jeans you're gonna lose the creasing that has started, but it will come back pretty quickly, especially if you wear them when they're just a bit damp. Cold soak them inside out with no soap for just long enough to get them wet and you shouldn't lose much indigo at all. If you hang dry them inside out you might even be able to take a blow dryer to the areas that you felt were too stretched out.

2. c00kz

c00kz Senior member

What does SW&D think of double cuffed slim leg to no break, slightly mod length over a structured boot like gt's?

3. aoluffy

aoluffy Senior member

http://www.theofficersclub.co.uk/footwear/9516.html

where can i get shoes like those? like i want to wear them open, jeans kind of tuckets in. my friend wears them realllly well but i was wondering if there were better quality version or something. he has a really worn our rugged look with them. looks REALLY nice but i was wonderinf it there were better quality shoes with the same kidn of style.

(his laces dont reach the top 2 holes, wears them loose.

4. Guyute

Guyute Senior member

Anytime you soak and dry the jeans you're gonna lose the creasing that has started, but it will come back pretty quickly, especially if you wear them when they're just a bit damp. Cold soak them inside out with no soap for just long enough to get them wet and you shouldn't lose much indigo at all. If you hang dry them inside out you might even be able to take a blow dryer to the areas that you felt were too stretched out.

thanks for the tips

5. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

What does SW&D think of double cuffed slim leg to no break, slightly mod length over a structured boot like gt's?
    That's old-school punk-rock/skinhead man. Awesome. I personally also think it's a great look if you pull it off right.
    http://www.theofficersclub.co.uk/footwear/9516.html where can i get shoes like those? .
    Here's a start: http://bedstu.com/

6. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Bed Stu is really shit quality from all accounts, like falling apart within months bad

7. reprehensible

reprehensible Senior member

Bed Stu is really shit quality from all accounts, like falling apart within months bad

The ones I've seen in person are an absolute joke, like a toy replica of real shoes.

Particularly funny are the springy soft rubber soles, molded to look like worn/scuffed leather soles. But they're terrible all over. Unfortunate, because some of them have a nice shape to them.

I think they have a line that's supposed to be less terrible (and more expensive), but man.

8. amnesiac

amnesiac Senior member

moving to a tropical country real soon, what do you guys recommend? im an art student so nothing too formal, im getting a few relaxed fitting oxfords, chambrays, ginghams made. im also getting a pair of khaki and dark green colored trousers.

any recs for shoes or other clothing items i haven't mentioned? what about linen shirts?

Lightweight everything. Linen shirts are great, poplin cotton, chambray. Linen you have to do right though so you don't end up looking like a Tommy Bahama ad. I find most oxfords to be too thick to wear when it gets hot and humid. Also, short sleeve shirts for sure, rolling up long sleeves just doesn't cut it at a certain point.

Shorts might be good too. Linen pants.

Canvas sneakers. I wore Vans Authentics all summer in texas. For boots, combat jungle boots are more breathable than other boots (if you need boots) because of their cloth sides.

9. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Need a nice jacket for the spring... considering this APC jacket:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What does everyone think?

10. tooshay

tooshay Senior member

Need a nice jacket for the spring... considering this APC jacket...

What does everyone think?

I think that is a beautiful jacket and that the khaki is the way to go.

11. HgaleK

HgaleK Senior member

12. kontra

kontra Well-Known Member

Since MJK hardly making pants these days Im looking into buying these from Topman.
    I wear size 30 jeans. My Sugar Canes, Pure Blues, Nudies are all 30. Topman seems to cut very slim. I dont really care about that - Id rather have them straight and a little more classic. What do you think I should get - size 30 or 32? Is size 30 really 30"?

13. Burr130

Burr130 Well-Known Member

is there such thing as a good fitting slim black t shirt that is made out of cotton that does not attract a lot of lint?

14. user7

user7 Senior member

Need shoes for heavy snow days in NYC. Thoughts on these: http://cdni.llbean.com/is/image/wim/...id=330&hei=295 Or are regular non-shearling tan ones better? Or nay other suggestions? How would something like a Red Wing or Katahdin be for the snow? I mainly want something I can just fuck up in slush without worrying about. Also, I like the bean boots because I could tuck in pants and not ruin them, which I dont think would work as well with something like a Katahdin

15. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

The ones I've seen in person are an absolute joke, like a toy replica of real shoes. Particularly funny are the springy soft rubber soles, molded to look like worn/scuffed leather soles. But they're terrible all over. Unfortunate, because some of them have a nice shape to them. I think they have a line that's supposed to be less terrible (and more expensive), but man.
    I was wondering about that, but based on his post, he clearly can't afford Augusta or Fiorentini + Baker [​IMG] Never seen them in person though, and came close to considering one of their boots. Whew.
    Need a nice jacket for the spring... considering this APC jacket: [​IMG] What does everyone think?
    I have APC's Carhartt replica from last year and their red 'canvassy' jacket. Both are substantial and very well made for the price. Though if that's more than $300 or so, I'd look at other options first. Otherwise, that interpretation of the M41 field jacket is really nice but not too heavily military. Nice in khaki too.