Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. the_pole

the_pole Senior member

If I wear a tagged size 32 in RRL slim fit jeans what size should i get in the officer chino from RRL

2. Lostinthesupermarket

Lostinthesupermarket Senior member

Does anyone know the proceedure for fitting donut buttons to a pice of clothing? Is some sort of heavy duty press involved? Serious question....

3. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Rivet setter probably would work best, hammer could work but you may get denting/bending

PS: by rivet setter I mean a rivet press

4. Lostinthesupermarket

Lostinthesupermarket Senior member

Thanks man.

I had an accident tonight where a donut button got pulled through the placket of my jacket leaving an L-shaped tear. [​IMG]

I can get the hole stitched up but I'm going to have to put in a new button.

5. KitAkira

If you don't mind, there are a number of other options that are easier to set (lots of hammer-set options, you can get snap fasteners for marine applications and they work fine, etc.)

6. dstrkt

dstrkt Member

For a good, rugged, entry level boot, both are good choices. I think the Katahdin may be a little more affordable, though. And in my humble opinion, I think the Katahdin's look a little better. And with LLBeans return/service policies, you will never have a doubt in your mind whether or not you will get your moneys worth.

Thanks. Kinda noob question, but are there boots that I can tuck my jeans into if there's a snowstorm. Somehow, I don't think my desert boots are going to fit that bill.

7. KitAkira

Get high boots, mid calf is a good length

8. dstrkt

dstrkt Member

For a good, rugged, entry level boot, both are good choices. I think the Katahdin may be a little more affordable, though. And in my humble opinion, I think the Katahdin's look a little better. And with LLBeans return/service policies, you will never have a doubt in your mind whether or not you will get your moneys worth.

Thanks. Another noob question, but what are some nice looking boots that I can tuck my jeans into if there's a snowstorm? I was also looking at aldens but seeing as how they are $300-400, i don't want to mess them up.

9. CiscoUsername

CiscoUsername Active Member

Thanks. Another noob question, but what are some nice looking boots that I can tuck my jeans into if there's a snowstorm? I was also looking at aldens but seeing as how they are $300-400, i don't want to mess them up.
    LL Bean boots.

10. CosmicOsmo

CosmicOsmo Senior member

I've got a pair of 10 month old APC rescues that I think need some pre-emptive crotch patching. Is this something I should leave to a professional or can I do it myself, and if so how would I do it and where would I get a patch?

11. treysfull

treysfull Member

suggestions for brand/style for brown belt? My pant rotation will be darker blue jeans, a pair of black jeans and probably a pair of as yet undecided color chino's. Ty.

12. Regal

Regal Well-Known Member

Does anybody know why some LVC 1947s seem to have a selvedge line on the inside of the coin pocket and some don't? I've noticed this in some pictures online and can't figure it out because all other details are pretty uniform.

Thanks!

13. mfais

mfais Senior member

moving to a tropical country real soon, what do you guys recommend? im an art student so nothing too formal, im getting a few relaxed fitting oxfords, chambrays, ginghams made. im also getting a pair of khaki and dark green colored trousers.

any recs for shoes or other clothing items i haven't mentioned? what about linen shirts?

14. johnmcnamee

johnmcnamee Well-Known Member

Has anyone here got experience with Sandqvist bags?

They are Swedish (made in China/India I think) and have some nice designs. http://www.sandqvist.net/

But if they're rubbish quality then I'd like to avoid them!

15. Guyute

Guyute Senior member

Been wearing shitty 501's for a month.

I think I stretched the knees and ass out too much from crouching while wet after the first shrink/soak.

Can I resoak them inside-out and retain the darkness, retain most of the initiated wrinking, and re-slim up the knees/ass a little bit or will I lose all the "progress" I've gained from wearing a month hard?